• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: Time to Move Ön?

Do you want Özil sold this summer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

I think this is probably the most that can be said about anyone on the team today, including the manager.

I think he played well . I actually think his role now is to work in a more restricted space , almost standing still role with Mkhi and Iwobi the mobile options .

Aevi

Hale End FC
Admin
It's not fair to expect anything from him. It's just not fair.
images
That's a weird post considering you've said you have higher expectations for him than other players. It works both ways.

I'm not @American_Gooner so don't ask me to dig that post up though.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
if you bring him (or anyone) off the bench, then there needs to be a plan to bring him into the game, like running off him.

There are certain players who are individualistic, dribbly who have more impact from the bench, like Bale, Sterling.

For what it's worth, Özil has the ability to make an impact from the bench. Wenger used to bring on OG and Özil regularly assisted him with crosses.

Wenger used his players brilliantly. Özil used to regularly drift wide right and ping crosses into Giroud.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
if you bring him (or anyone) off the bench, then there needs to be a plan to bring him into the game, like running off him.

There are certain players who are individualistic, dribbly who have more impact from the bench, like Bale, Sterling.

For what it's worth, Özil has the ability to make an impact from the bench. Wenger used to bring on OG and Özil regularly assisted him with crosses.

Wenger used his players brilliantly. Özil used to regularly drift wide right and ping crosses into Giroud.
I’m beginning to detect a new narrative... Are we really heading towards blaming Emery for Özil not (allegedly—there isn’t much to go on) impacting the game from the bench?

Blaming the players for suddenly deciding not to make runs off him even though he’s Mesut Özil and it would benefit everybody if they did, is also sneaking up on my blindside as well.

I’ve got my hands full here, but I’ve got it covered. Just.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I’m beginning to detect a new narrative... Are we really heading towards blaming Emery for Özil not (allegedly—there isn’t much to go on) impacting the game from the bench?

Blaming the players for suddenly deciding not to make runs off him even though he’s Mesut Özil and it would benefit everybody if they did, is also sneaking up on my blindside as well.

I’ve got my hands full here, but I’ve got it covered. Just.
you have a mad bull by the tail. Let go.

No, I plainly meant that although any forward is capable of making an impact, some of them are more likely to do it because of their specific attributes.

What is also being ignored is that football is a team game. every action andpplayer contributes to the end result.

Messi is himself because the whole team contributes to make him more effective.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
you have a mad bull by the tail. Let go.

No, I plainly meant that although any forward is capable of making an impact, some of them are more likely to do it because of their specific attributes.

What is also being ignored is that football is a team game. every action andpplayer contributes to the end result.

Messi is himself because the whole team contributes to make him more effective.
Yes I understand that, like a winger, a sublime dribbler or a player with a fantastic strike on him.

I understand it’s a team game too, even if other less talented players, past and present, weren’t afforded this kind of defense when they werent exactly pulling up trees every other week. We all know who they are. Bit of a lazy defence though, in all honesty. It doesn’t apply all the time.

TheEconomist

Established Member
I thought he was doing well yesterday. Obviously should have put his big chance away

I think it was a mistake not taking him off for a defender at half time though . A game away from home where we're down to 10 men doesn't suit him. Maybe Emery just didn't want to tire out Ramsey or Guendozi before the United game so left Özil on

Özil can be a wonderful player going forward, but the lack of defensive work is a disgrace. i can understand why Emery doesn´t play him. Would much rather have kept Ramsey.

elemoo

when ur losing a game and down to 10 men you need to try and keep the ball and Özil was the only player that made good passes, kept the ball under pressure and created space with his runs.... made sense keeping him on tbh

everyone else either lost the ball due to poor passing or not being able to keep it under pressure... literally no one else could keep the ball for more than 3secs it was so bad

As average as he was, he still played better than every other Arsenal player bar maybe Cech.... which i guess should be expected and you would probably need to slate every single player for having an even poorer game than him bcos based on the last few games, he’s probably the last person to target for a below par performance when you consider others have been way below their expectations.

Last edited:

buji banton

Özil needs to play in the hole and he needs runners around him. We knew this when we got him. None of that happens at our club. So it's simple, if he doesn't fit the club's style of play, sell him and buy someone who does.

OSBK

Established Member
I have seen Iwobi failing to track back just as much, to be honest. Not that it saves Özil from the criticism.

Tbh this whole tracking back is a joke. When you have someone with the quality he has you have to make allowances and let him use his energy in attack. The fact that people cannot handle is we spend a fortune on defenders and midfielders that quite frankly are a level or levels below what we need. All people need to do is watch the 3rd rennes goal from last night and that tells you everything that is wrong with this team.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Özil needs to play in the hole and he needs runners around him. We knew this when we got him. None of that happens at our club. So it's simple, if he doesn't fit the club's style of play, sell him and buy someone who does.
Boom bye bye?

OSBK

Established Member

So what you are saying is we shouldnt go out and buy runners and ball players like the top 50 clubs in europe do, you are saying we should sell Özil and get in fellani so we can become stoke city. Should be careful what you wish for, if denis suarez is the calibre of player to replace ramsey and Özil we may very well be joining stoke.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom