• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal v Manchester Utd | March 10, 2019 16:30 GMT | Sky Sports

What will the result be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I think Torreira is a big miss. Going with a slow midfield two of Xhaka and Guendouzi will have Pogba running through grass again. He needs to go with a three in this game.

The reality is all teams will drop points at some stage, but regardless of our away games it is literally in our hands. We have the best run in. They have so much incentive to treat every game like a cup final.

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
He won't. If they break, we have no pace in midfield that can catch them.
they wont brake that easily cause Ramsey will man mark their core.
I do think Torreira will be missed, and yes Matteo and Xhaka are not Lucas, but just count the number of times those 2 make runs in front of the ball today. same goes for one of our fullbacks. none.
tactics work wonders, and make your weakness disappear if used right. I believe Unai sees that for today and will once again make Ramsey our mvp todayq

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Anyone fancy Mkhi at RB position and maybe Suarez taking his wide role?
I'd like to see someone who can actually play football at FB position for a change, Mustafi or Lich would kill the game for me before it starts.
We struggle to move the ball forward with FB's as all of them lack the quality in tight positions so they just pass the ball to CB or lose it in a piss poor attempt to find forward.

OSBK

Established Member
I'd like to see someone who can actually play football at FB position for a change, Mustafi or Lich would kill the game for me before it starts.
We struggle to move the ball forward with FB's as all of them lack the quality in tight positions so they just pass the ball to CB or lose it in a piss poor attempt to find forward.

Its a massive risk but who knows

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist

Suarez actually played two games at fullback for Barcelona, so how about the other way around?

Gursha

While i agree with you on attacking scenarios, mikhi defensive awareness is way below FB standard to be there...

Again ill say it, Bellerins injury costs us so much, he had the best balance in the squad, other option were either too offensive, too defensive, or just not good enough...

GoonerJay24

It feels like we couldn't play them at a worse time. Trending in completely opposite directions in terms of momentum. United will be full of confidence after their miracle against PSG, while we got our asses handed to us by fckin Rennes.

Even if that wasn't the case, I haven't felt confident going against them in a long while. Been burned way too many times the past decade or so for that not to be the case. I mean, we couldn't even beat them when David fckin Moyes was at the helm ffs...

Which is why, ironically, I'm quietly optimistic about our chances. It's about time we get a positive result against them in a match that has greater implications than just the three points. A win will be absolutely massive, and will set us up very nicely for the remainder of the campaign.

We've lost to worse. You can't have forgotten the time we lost to a United team fielding Cleverley + Anderson in midfield or even worse, the time we lost to a midfield duo of O'Shea + Gibson flanked by the Silva twins. Bad times.

We beat them two seasons ago in a vital top 4 game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom