• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal v Manchester Utd | March 10, 2019 16:30 GMT | Sky Sports

What will the result be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
No man, the decision was absolutely terrible. I know I would've been furious if that was going against us.

But who really gives a sh*t? We've had so many decisions go against us in recent game we were due a call going for us.

Also agree about Xhaka's shot.

I could argue about a pen..
Fred did push him just enough (having no chance to play the ball) to put Laca of the balance and fall. it was soft, and stupid, but it was not a dive, Laca had to go down cause of the move he did and the push at the right spot/time.
not a pen I say, but, unfortunately there are no strict rules what is a pen and what is not. as long as it is like that then it is refs decision to judge. problem with that is no 2 refs see the same sutuation the same, reason why so much **** gets blown. one game you see that called a pen, next one its a yellow for dive, 3rd game and its nothing.

I am saying that so we realize there is no strict rule. Wenger talked about it a lot and warned how much mess it will keep happening and how Var wont help either.
basically what happens is every ref has his style and his way of seeing stuff. 5 minutes into any PL game and if you compare it with 5 mins of the other game and you'll see world of difference refereeing.

so, if you sit down, watch the game again and go with refs decisions and see the game thru his eyes (and unfortunately them are the only eyes who control the match) you'll realize its a clear pen.

just how many times did we end up in opposite situation. many times I was pissed at refs of course, but many times I was also fuming at our players for giving away a pen, even tho it shouldn't have been awarded, when they clearly could have avoided them, if only they realized who the ref was that day.

english league has worst refs and ref organization in top leagues, its absolutely unbelievable that happens in Worlds best and reachest league. it's a huge shame and a massive, massive problem, as often seen with English clubs and NT when under foreign refereeing

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Still buzzing, that was not only a massive result but a massive weekend. Chelsea draw, Spuds & Utd lose. Its got me pumped for Thurs now, same team but Mustafi & Nketiah in for Sokratis & Laca.

turkish gooner

great win guys great win.

now next target should be getting 3rd spot and make tottenham sh.it on their pants cuz they feel the fear to finish out of top 4

Jae

That soft penalty was justice for the soft (and offside) one that Sp**s were given against us. We'd have won that game comfortably.

ThlRama

Player:Saka
I don't give a penny whether the performance was good or not, because under Wenger we would more often than not outplay United in terms of possession, slick passing and chances created, yet rarely ever beat them. This is exactly what I wanted to change. Now let us be the jammy side that wins and let them be the pretty side that gets suckerpunched, I'll take that, thank you very much.

RacingPhoton

Established Member
That soft penalty was justice for the soft (and offside) one that Sp**s were given against us. We'd have won that game comfortably.
You don't have to go that far. There were 3 wrong offside calls against us in the United match itself. Mind you, we were in very good position to attack in all the three cases. I feel that our attack lost fluency because of those bad decisions. Might have been a whole different game otherwise.

dbig

Won ugly. Feels great!

Especially after all the bullshit we've gotten when playing them.

I'll take every little bit of Emery's luck that we can get.

Jae

You don't have to go that far. There were 3 wrong offside calls against us in the United match itself. Mind you, we were in very good position to attack in all the three cases. I feel that our attack lost fluency because of those bad decisions. Might have been a whole different game otherwise.

Agreed, Moss did his best to give us absolutely nothing.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
It was a short cameo but Suarez came on and offered exactly what we needed in the absence of Mkhitaryan.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Thought Nketiah actually looked quite threatening considering he only had a few minutes on the pitch, encouraging stuff.
So did I. Was very lively. Possibly helped by the fact they had some what given up by then but can't fault him for anything. Chased lost causes and just kept that pressure mounting till the whistle went.

squallman

Still Pining for Wenger
****ing hilarious. Utd fans love giving it out but can never take it. Absolute children and still spoiled from SAF running the FA while managing them on the side. Have to finish ahead of them, need to get our away form sorted out.

Do those troglodytes not remember how they behaved when Wenger was sent to the stands at Old Trafford?

The sit down you * chants that caused their own manager to come out and tell them to stop it?

Yet a tweet poking a bit of fun at a fan chant is bang out of order

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
Do those troglodytes not remember how they behaved when Wenger was sent to the stands at Old Trafford?

The sit down you * chants that caused their own manager to come out and tell them to stop it?

Yet a tweet poking a bit of fun at a fan chant is bang out of order

That's been a decade ago. Most of them were probably about four years old.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom