• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal v Manchester Utd | March 10, 2019 16:30 GMT | Sky Sports

What will the result be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
You don't have to go that far. There were 3 wrong offside calls against us in the United match itself. Mind you, we were in very good position to attack in all the three cases. I feel that our attack lost fluency because of those bad decisions. Might have been a whole different game otherwise.

didnt get a chance to check offside calls, but I was 100% 2 of them were wrong calls. especially that neat counter on our left side, Özil storming forward and was just about to send a low far post cross to sprinting Auba...

As you said, those wrong calls noone talks about later on are such a game killers, momentum changers

yybecause

@The_Playmaker
not here to attack, but you sounded pretty confident about some stuff before the game I have to tell you Ramsey said Hi now :)

yes we gave away chances, but its down to playing against very good players, you cant take that away. but there was nothing Torreira would have done better today then Ramsey playing his position.

So did I. Was very lively. Possibly helped by the fact they had some what given up by then but can't fault him for anything. Chased lost causes and just kept that pressure mounting till the whistle went.

Nketiah actually has that Laca style. Short, but not weak, good hold up play, some nice foot work, finishing... Great mentor to have.

say yes

forum master baiter
Lacazette was just as bad lmao, why does he always get away with bad performances? It's like I'm crazy and can't see what everyone else does. I feel like Özil, Auba and Lacazette were all poor and if we had a better front 3 we would've wiped United out.

Honestly mate, we’re so far apart in what we’re seeing from Lacazette it’s unreal :lol:

I thought he was utterly fantastic yesterday, one of the best CF performances I’ve seen at the Emirates in years. Incredible workrate, competed for every ball, had some fantastic touches, and won us the penalty which put the game to bed (which he then insisted his teammate took). Brilliant stuff from a brilliant player.

All he lacks is pace for me. If we surround him with some proper wingers then I think our attack will be set for years. Would go so far as to say he’s our best player. Certainly the most likeable.

Not sure why you’re seeing something so different to the rest of us! Normally agree with you on player evaluation but each to their own I guess. Should say though that the post you made a while back comparing him to donkey Giroud actually made me feel queasy. Please don’t do that again.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Honestly mate, we’re so far apart in what we’re seeing from Lacazette it’s unreal :lol:

I thought he was utterly fantastic yesterday, one of the best CF performances I’ve seen at the Emirates in years. Incredible workrate, competed for every ball, had some fantastic touches, and won us the penalty which put the game to bed (which he then insisted his teammate took). Brilliant stuff from a brilliant player.

All he lacks is pace for me. If we surround him with some proper wingers then I think our attack will be set for years. Would go so far as to say he’s our best player. Certainly the most likeable.

Not sure why you’re seeing something so different to the rest of us! Normally agree with you on player evaluation but each to their own I guess. Should say though that the post you made a while back comparing him to donkey Giroud actually made me feel queasy. Please don’t do that again.

I generally feel like the bolded part is why so many people rate him so highly, it's the same as when Ox was here. Every 5/10 Oxlade Chamberlain performance people would hype up to the heavens.

He has good work rate and tries hard as well so I see why people like him. To me he offers no threat, when he gets the ball it's easy for the CB's the catch up to him in pace and muscle him off the ball. He's not very clinical and he's small, I just don't see how he's elite. Like against United any time we counter attack it was easy for the United CB's to get back in position because our forwards weren't offering much of a threat.

I generally don't think he's better than Giroud. Giroud would look much better if he had another striker to share the burden with, Lacazette would look much worse if he was the only striker we had.

In conclusion, he's handsome, stylish, dances well, always shown to be having fun and he tries hard every game. I can see why everyone likes him and I look like the madman.

I do agree he'd look better with winger in a front 3 but so would Auba who I reckon is the better player. At least you're not being a hysterical cry-baby about it unlike other posters on this forum.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
At least you're not being a hysterical cry-baby about it unlike other posters on this forum.
Wait, hang on. You're the one crying people are obsessed with you when actually we're just trying to ascertain how the heck you have come to the conclusions you have. Then you start talking about people's mothers?
The only one being a hysterical cry baby here is you!

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
I generally feel like the bolded part is why so many people rate him so highly, it's the same as when Ox was here. Every 5/10 Oxlade Chamberlain performance people would hype up to the heavens.

He has good work rate and tries hard as well so I see why people like him. To me he offers no threat, when he gets the ball it's easy for the CB's the catch up to him in pace and muscle him off the ball. He's not very clinical and he's small, I just don't see how he's elite. Like against United any time we counter attack it was easy for the United CB's to get back in position because our forwards weren't offering much of a threat.

I generally don't think he's better than Giroud. Giroud would look much better if he had another striker to share the burden with, Lacazette would look much worse if he was the only striker we had.

In conclusion, he's handsome, stylish, dances well, always shown to be having fun and he tries hard every game. I can see why everyone likes him and I look like the madman.

I do agree he'd look better with winger in a front 3 but so would Auba who I reckon is the better player. At least you're not being a hysterical cry-baby about it unlike other posters on this forum.

No you look like an idiot because your observations of him as a player are those of a simpleton.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Wait, hang on. You're the one crying people are obsessed with you when actually we're just trying to ascertain how the heck you have come to the conclusions you have. Then you start talking about people's mothers?
The only one being a hysterical cry baby here is you!

No you look like an idiot because your observations of him as a player are those of a simpleton.

Hysterical nerds :lol:

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
didnt get a chance to check offside calls, but I was 100% 2 of them were wrong calls. especially that neat counter on our left side, Özil storming forward and was just about to send a low far post cross to sprinting Auba...

As you said, those wrong calls noone talks about later on are such a game killers, momentum changers
They were wrong but my God, does Ramsey kill our counters!

Lakersgooner24

Established Member

The call that really pissed me off was when advantage wasn't played, late in the 1st half, after we received possession following a United attack created by an admittedly brilliant cross field ball from Pogba (with his left peg) to Lukaku, which eventually ended up as a chance for Rashford.

Xhaka made an excellent tackle which Kola eventually cleared to Laca who was in acres of space with several runners ahead of him, but John Moss called it dead as soon as he received the ball. Was fuming when that happened.

Jae

Think you'll all have to agree to disagree :lol: For me personally if I could have only 1 of Lacazette or Auba I would go with Laca 9 times out of 10. His work rate, vision, ability to link up and all round general play is superior to Auba. Lacazette probably has the second best set of feet at the club after Özil.

Auba has Laca beaten for athleticism and that electric pace. Both fantastic strikers but quintessentially different. I feel like Auba has a habit of drifting in and out of games where as Laca is always involved.

Its horses for courses but in reality we a very lucky to have them both in the team. They clearly play very well together and compliment each other fantastically.

yybecause

The call that really pissed me off was when advantage wasn't played, late in the 1st half, after we received possession following a United attack created by an admittedly brilliant cross field ball from Pogba (with his left peg) to Lukaku, which eventually ended up as a chance for Rashford.

Xhaka made an excellent tackle which Kola eventually cleared to Laca who was in acres of space with several runners ahead of him, but John Moss called it dead as soon as he received the ball. Was fuming when that happened.
to make it even worse, that Man U attack started after a foul on Özil that wasn't given

TromsoGooner

Obsessed With Looking for Eric

I do agree with you to som extent but to say Lacazette is easy to muscle off the ball is just wrong. He`s very strong and protects the ball very well.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
All this **** is subjective. Neither Auba or Laca are entirely consistent and both can go from looking like Drogba one minute to Oumar Niasse the next.

The main thing is they have the talent and right mentality for our objectives. Top 4 is the aim but if we were chasing leagues and champions leagues neither would be sleeping as comfortably.

In the scheme of things, there are at least 17 teams in the PL who’d swap their strikers for ours in a heartbeat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom