• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Premier League 2018/19: The Fight for a CL Spot

Where do you foresee us finishing this season?

• Total voters

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Fixture list update means Sp**s are going away to Anfield on the 31st before they have their stadium opener on the 3rd vs Palace.

Massive potential for them to drop big points in those two games. Palace are a different animal away from home and they still need a result or two to guarantee safety.

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

Please God let them drop 3 points to Palace at their opener

If they get turned over at Anfield I see them being too demoralized & exhausted to beat Palace. Couple that with a period to get acclimatized to their nee surroundings in addition to Palace's better away form & you have a decent chance of an upset.

A stellar performance + a goal from future Arsenal RB, Aaron Wan-Bissaka to be the highlight.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
If they get turned over at Anfield I see them being too demoralized & exhausted to beat Palace. Couple that with a period to get acclimatized to their nee surroundings in addition to Palace's better away form & you have a decent chance of an upset.

A stellar performance + a goal from future Arsenal RB, Aaron Wan-Bissaka to be the highlight.
Problem is, Liverpool are trying very hard to toss this league fight out the window. They've been hugely lucky recently.

Sapient Hawk

Trusted ⭐

Problem is, Liverpool are trying very hard to toss this league fight out the window. They've been hugely lucky recently.

True but they're a different animal at Anfield & Pochettino's cowardice away from home against the other top 5 is legendary. Liverpool will be comprehensive , if not emphatic, winners.

We simply must do the job against a resurgent Newcastle who're desperately trying to avoid relegation.

Win this + Sp*rs loss & we go above them where I believe we shall till the end of the season.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
True but they're a different animal at Anfield & Pochettino's cowardice away from home against the other top 5 is legendary. Liverpool will be comprehensive , if not emphatic, winners.

We simply must do the job against a resurgent Newcastle who're desperately trying to avoid relegation.

Win this + Sp*rs loss & we go above them where I believe we shall till the end of the season.
I have a good friend who is a NCU fan. We simply must win this. Football is all about bragging rights. We need them over Sp**s and I personally need them over my mate;)

Sapient Hawk

Trusted ⭐

I have a good friend who is a NCU fan. We simply must win this. Football is all about bragging rights. We need them over Sp**s and I personally need them over my mate;)

It's all about bragging rights & the stakes have never been higher :lol:

I hope this does not end up like that 3-3 draw with Norwich back in 2012 with that sucker punch 5 minutes from the end.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
The Wolves game has been scheduled for the 24th, so after Newcastle we’ve got Everton(A), Watford(A), Palace(H), Wolves(A), Leicester(A).

Notorious Big

Drunka In Friend Zone
The Wolves game has been scheduled for the 24th, so after Newcastle we’ve got Everton(A), Watford(A), Palace(H), Wolves(A), Leicester(A).

Just one home game and that's against Palace who are much better away from home.Not easy fixtures,i hope for 3 away wins.Should be enough.

lamby22

It's Not Lupus

Can see us dropping points at Wolves and Leicester (a defeat and a draw). I still have us finishing 3rd though.

jus2nang

Basically if Chelsea win the EL but finish outside of the top four and United/Sp**s win the CL and also finish out of the top four... (I think)
The rule is that only the Europa League can provide an extra Champions League place if the winner finishes outside the top 4.

If the CL winner finishes outside the top 4, the place they win comes from the league's original allocation.

So in summary, the CL winner would take the 4th team's spot, but the Europa League winner would get a new spot (if they finished outside the top 4).

So as long as Man Utd and Sp**s get knocked out we're ok.

jus2nang

I don't get why this would be the case though (referring to the tweet).
Because 6th place then becomes the last Europa spot. In recent years this has been 7th, since the FA Cup winners have been the likes of us, Man Utd etc.

The last Europa spot goes through qualifiers (like Burnley had to this season or Everton and Southampton in seasons before that).

TornadoTed

Established Member
8 games in 28 days is going to be tough, if we beat Napoli our semi final 1st leg would be 3 days after that and then Brighton 3 days after that making 10 games in 34 days which is brutal.

Emery really needs to earn his salt and get the rotation spot on.

Top Bottom