• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Aaron Ramsey: BianconAaron

Do You Consider Aaron Ramsey An Arsenal Legend?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

ptrcopp

Doesn't change the fact he was putting in a defensive shift and playing positionally aware and disciplined. Like this he is easily an option for a mid 2 even with a back 4.

This is what I was really impressed with. He went back to why we all loved him in the first place. His forays forward were limited but well timed. Xhaka wasn’t left in the lurch.

Ramsey went under the radar a little during the game, but that’s fine for a midfielder in that role. And the stats don’t lie.

It’s so frustrating that Juve will take him away and play him in a midfield 2 with exactly the same responsibilities he had in the best games he’s played for us

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
Man Utd did create some good chances, we could be 1-0 down on another day. Xhaka was left isolated in the midfield, where ramsey was out of defensive position. That left Xhaka a duty of a proper DM, but Xhaka was never a DM. And our defence have to withstand heavy pressure because of that. I would much prefer a Torreira Xhaka combination to provide us a bit of stability.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
Man Utd did create some good chances, we could be 1-0 down on another day. Xhaka was left isolated in the midfield, where ramsey was out of defensive position. That left Xhaka a duty of a proper DM, but Xhaka was never a DM. And our defence have to withstand heavy pressure because of that. I would much prefer a Torreira Xhaka combination to provide us a bit of stability.

:lol::lol:

You literally created an account to post this...something that has been argued over from all sides for ages and now is rather void talking about since Ramsey is off anyway in a few months. On top of that it's just not true for the United game. Ramsey did a decent job of playing defensively and positionally aware, went in for every duel, shut out their midfield and had a man of the match performance. United creating chances wasn't down to him not doing his job in midfield.

Just put it to rest, he's already off.

Last edited:

arsenefc

Obsessed With Guendouzi
"like the base Indian threw a pearl away/Richer than all his tribe"

In a way I am happy he is leaving this toxicity. He was always the model professional who loved playing and let his performance speak. He plays from the heart, and doesnt deserve a heartless club.

nick gould

I never really rated Ramsey much but one thing I can say is Emery knows how to use him better than previous coaches did.
My sentiments exactly. Emery also plays in way that does not over expose our central midfielder. He plays a much higher line so the midfield two are not isolated in a large island in the middle of the park. I remember when we played with a back 3 under Wenger most pundits and fans felt that Xhaka was not mobile enough to cover all the grass he was required to cover. Emery makes it suit Ramsey and Xhaka perfectly.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

No disrespect to Arsène but it's a shame Ramsey couldn't have had a coach like Emery earlier in his career. There's no way he would have left us.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
nothing serious hopefully

Thigh injury, according to AFP. He missed Wales' friendly and they were hoping he would be ready for the qualifier, but it wasn't responding. He's missed time with thigh injuries before, but hopefully this one won't prove to be as serious. Would be a shame to see him close out his Arsenal career on the injured list. Besides, he's been playing pretty well lately.

OSBK

Established Member
No disrespect to Arsène but it's a shame Ramsey couldn't have had a coach like Emery earlier in his career. There's no way he would have left us.

Totally agree with this. Arsène coaching worked well on foreign players but missed the mark with british.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom