• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Everton vs Arsenal | April 7, 2019 | 14:05 BST | Sky Sports

Result

• Everton win

Votes: 7 14.9%
  • Draw

Votes: 8 17.0%
  • Arsenal win

Votes: 32 68.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

say yes

forum master baiter
Don’t usually criticise Emery but the formation is the main culprit for me.

Worked well recently but we don’t currently have the quality in midfield to bypass their press.

Would bring Iwobi or Suarez on for Monreal and switch to a 4231 for the second half.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Very poor; slow, weak and has been completely marked out the game.

You really see his lack of physicality in games like this.

It’s difficult for him tbf because Everton are just crowding the middle of the park.

They leave two up top and everyone deep in their half, Gueye is sitting where Özil and Mkhi like to play meaning the two Everton CB’s can double mark Lacazette.

We need an option off the bench to stretch the pitch a bit.

arsmile

Established Member
issue is with elneny and gwen being dominated in midfield.

Also feels like you want one of PEA/Iwobi in for Mhki to do some running in behind in a match like this

blaze_of_glory

Don’t usually criticise Emery but the formation is the main culprit for me.

Worked well recently but we don’t currently have the quality in midfield to bypass their press.

Would bring Iwobi or Suarez on for Monreal and switch to a 4231 for the second half.
Yeah we've looked a lot better in this formation recently, but as you say I think we need certain players in certain positions for it to work.

Do feel for Emery though, limited options at the moment.

ceadsearc

Problem is that Özil, Lacazette, Mkhi - can't get the ball in dangerous areas, cuz the midfield can't bypass the press, as a poster mentioned. Hence these players come back and drop back in order to provide more bodies and passing options = and then there is no one up front to create anything. you can't do damage 50 yards from goal, it's the way it is.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Elneny and Kola off for Ransey and Auba. Please let's better Everton now and put this game to bed early.

Was just wondering whilst watching the game if Willock would have been a better option than Elneny. I know he's inexperienced but surely he wouldn't have been as ****.

I think there would be no drop in quality and we would get more initiative from the midfield with Willock there. Would just be lacking in experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Don’t be scared to be ambitious. It’s not a humiliation to have a high target and to fail. For me, the real humiliation is to have a target and not to give everything to reach it.

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Tuesday, May 21

Nuno Tavares will return to Arsenal after Nottingham Forest chose not to exercise the buy option in his loan deal [Nottingham Forest Official Site]

Benjamin Šeško’s agent confirms interest from English and Italian clubs, adding that he is not interested in moving to Saudi Arabia [Evening Standard]

Arsenal have sent scouts to watch Benfica midfielder Joao Neves multiple times [Fabrizio Romano]

Arsenal have joined Manchester United in the race to sign Rennes’ 18 year old attacking midfielder Desire Doue [Ouest-France]

Latest posts

Top Bottom