• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

UEL QF 1st Leg: Arsenal v SSC Napoli | April 11, 2019 20:00 BST | BT Sport

What will be the result after the first leg?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Under Wenger I’d probably agree. I like to think Emery is cutthroat enough to get rid of underperformers swiftly. I wouldn’t mind keeping Iwobi around as a squaddie but if there’s an opportunity to move him on for decent money we should take it.
Him Chambers mkhi if we get good offers we should sell. Iwobi got his chances thete no improvement just another Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain

Lakersgooner24

Established Member
Watford will be a weird one, can Kos play and then again on Thursday? Old bastard.
Three games in a week will be tough for him. Reckon we'll have to rest him for one of them, tough choice for Emery, will depend on which competition he prioritizes. Think he'll sit out Watford (edit: probably not, forgot that Sokratis is suspended for both Watford and Palace).

probably been asked several times before... but if we get 5th in the prem, and win the uefa... do we have any chance nicking the Cl spot from Sp**s? :drool:
Don't quote me on this, but I think read somewhere that the only chance a team in the top 4 misses out on CL is if teams ending up outside of the top 4 win the CL and EL, then the 4th placed team in the league becomes the odd man out. Could very well be wrong though.

Last edited:

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
Three games in a week will be tough for him. Reckon we'll have to rest him for one of them, tough choice for Emery, will depend on which competition he prioritizes. Think he'll sit out Watford.

Don't quote me on this, but I think read somewhere that the only chance a team in the top 4 will miss out on CL is if the 5th and 6th placed teams win the CL and EL, which will lead to the 4th placed team in the league missing out. Could very well be wrong though.
Kos should have sat this one out. He has to play Sunday because Sokratis is suspended. And then how can he be left out of the away game at Napoli?

Lakersgooner24

Established Member
Kos should have sat this one out. He has to play Sunday because Sokratis is suspended. And then how can he be left out of the away game at Napoli?
Hmm, forgot about Sokratis suspension. Then yea, will be tough for Kos to play in Naples. In that case I agree, Emery should have rested him tonight.

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli
Great result. Looked good for real too. Unreal difference from last game. bit sharper finishing and we could have trashed them.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
So after 1st leg results Benfica Chelsea Arsenal and Valencia should be in Semi finals. Its Arsenal Vs Chelsea in final

Think Chelsea and Valencia are pretty sure. Napoli away will be a tough one and the wasted chances might come back to haunt us, although right now I believe we will go through. Also wouldn't put it past beyond Frankfurt to win 3-1 at home with their firepower and home support or at least make it a very tight match.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Think Chelsea and Valencia are pretty sure. Napoli away will be a tough one and the wasted chances might come back to haunt us, although right now I believe we will go through. Also wouldn't put it past beyond Frankfurt to win 3-1 at home with their firepower and home support or at least make it a very tight match.
I think a goal at napoli should be enough as we aren't conceding 4 goals there.

HBL

Established Member
What a performance, could've been 4 or 5 quite easily. Every player was good tonight!

Cech - 7
AMN - 8
Sokratis - 8
Kosc - 9
Monreal - 7
Kolasinac - 7
Ramsey - 9
Torreira - 9
Özil - 8
Auba - 7
Laca - 7

MLK79

Elite Drama Queen
By the time they've worked it out the tie will be over and we'll be in th semis.
The problem with that is this match is the only thing they have to look forward to for the rest of the season. Serie A is done, they're out of the Coppa, they basically have Champions League for next season secured. All they can really fight for is the Europa League.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
I think a goal at napoli should be enough as we aren't conceding 4 goals there.

Then let's hope Ramsey is fit for that game in case Auba/Laca have another stinker like tonight! But I'm basically with you. It will definitely be a very tough away match, but one goal should be in it. Ancelotti also is way past it, but the German commentators said Napoli are pretty good at home this season as well.

MLK79

Elite Drama Queen
probably been asked several times before... but if we get 5th in the prem, and win the uefa... do we have any chance nicking the Cl spot from Sp**s? :drool:
Don't even think like that. The only way that happens is if United win the CL while finishing 6th, us winning the EL while finishing 5th and the formerly homeless bastards finish 4th.

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
What a performance, could've been 4 or 5 quite easily. Every player was good tonight!

Cech - 7
AMN - 8
Sokratis - 8
Kosc - 9
Monreal - 7
Kolasinac - 7
Ramsey - 9
Torreira - 9
Özil - 8
Auba - 7
Laca - 7
Monreal and Kolasinac 6. 7 is generous to the strikers too.

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

Proud of the lads with that display. Yet more diabolical scheduling by the FA. A match Monday evening at Vicarage Road knowing we play in Italy on Thursday :mad: Absolute cretins the lot of them.

Its good to have Torreira back, feels like a century passed since he last took to the pitch :lol:

We have a good lead to take to the San Paolo, play like we did & invite them on then sink them on the counter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom