• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

UEL QF 1st Leg: Arsenal v SSC Napoli | April 11, 2019 20:00 BST | BT Sport

What will be the result after the first leg?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lakersgooner24

Established Member
We would have surely conceded an away goal with Mustafi there. Lol
True, there would have been a high probability of that happening. But Mustafi is going to have to play at some point, and every game is crucial at this stage. I feel that we would have gotten a good result today regardless if he was playing or not. It goes without saying, though, that our defensive situation is certainly not ideal, compromises have to be made somewhere lol.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
I think Sky Sports are the ones to blame. They schedule the matches they air to suit their TV schedule.
Wenger previously ranted about this sort of thing.

It sucks, but the Premier League wouldn't be so awash with money without them. That gives them a lot of clout in the scheduling.

Reactions: A_G

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
The problem with that is this match is the only thing they have to look forward to for the rest of the season. Serie A is done, they're out of the Coppa, they basically have Champions League for next season secured. All they can really fight for is the Europa League.
Sometimes I get the feeling Emery takes the same view about us. There wasn't much difference between what we had on the pitch last night and the Everton game but the attitude was completely different.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Sometimes I get the feeling Emery takes the same view about us. There wasn't much difference between what we had on the pitch last night and the Everton game but the attitude was completely different.

I think a bit off-form Guendouzi & Elneny vs Ramsey & Torreira is quite a difference, while both also played very well. It's the kind of stuff that makes you lose a match because of the midfield.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
Ramsey played in the second half at Everton. Look at the first minute of each game and it tells you how they were going to pan out. Even when players weren't directly involved last night they were closing down spaces, players and moving with intent. Sunday they were ambling about, standing off and waiting to see what the opposition did.

drippin

Ramsey played in the second half at Everton. Look at the first minute of each game and it tells you how they were going to pan out. Even when players weren't directly involved last night they were closing down spaces, players and moving with intent. Sunday they were ambling about, standing off and waiting to see what the opposition did.

Yeah, and Elneny played yesterday. Ramsey didn't play first half (and came back from injury), and with losing the midfield players of course can lose their belief and heads. Especially in away games. Anyway for me it's a big difference.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
Yeah, and Elneny played yesterday. Ramsey didn't play first half (and came back from injury), and with losing the midfield players of course can lose their belief and heads. Especially in away games. Anyway for me it's a big difference.
Not enough to justify an abject defeat against a team we are streets ahead of (did we have a shot on target?) followed by totally blowing away a team we were supposed to be evenly matched with. Only a great performance from their keeper prevented a rout.

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

I think Sky Sports are the ones to blame. They schedule the matches they air to suit their TV schedule.
Wenger previously ranted about this sort of thing.

It's absolute nonsense. I struggle to think of any other Football Association that's as beholden to broadcasters as the Premier League. They should be marching to the League's tune not the other way round!!

drippin

Not enough to justify an abject defeat against a team we are streets ahead of (did we have a shot on target?) followed by totally blowing away a team we were supposed to be evenly matched with. Only a great performance from their keeper prevented a rout.

When did we last time have Guendouzi (4th choice) and Elneny (5th choice) on the field in an EPL away game? That would be a good indication of the effect.

Guendouzi can manage usually with a good partner (which is quite a feat for such a young guy in 1st season), but this combination is a bit nightmarish when Douzi is not in good form.

It was one of the worst performances I have seen in a while, and this midfield is the thing that stands out to me.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
Yes that didn't help, but the anonymity of our strikers? The way our players were constantly bundle off the ball? The many challenges they shirked? Those bits where they are waiting for a high ball in midfield and decide not to jump for it but watch the Everton guy head it? The goal! A 36 year old centre-back out-thinking and outspeeding the entire defence!!!

Ricardinho

La Liga Correspondent
Anyone have Jonathan Pearce on comms for their coverage last night? He sounded freaking desperate for Napoli to score! What is it with certain English commentators and their obvious dislike for this club......

drippin

Yes that didn't help, but the anonymity of our strikers? The way our players were constantly bundle off the ball? The many challenges they shirked? Those bits where they are waiting for a high ball in midfield and decide not to jump for it but watch the Everton guy head it? The goal! A 36 year old centre-back out-thinking and outspeeding the entire defence!!!

Yeah not good and there can be some kind of attitude fluke in the mix. But I see it coming mostly from losing heads after losing the ball so many times and tactics not working like they should.

It can make it so that a few players at a time don't give their everything and next moment other guys.

drippin

Should have been ten. Our strikers were pathetic. Both of them

You mean 10-0? But yeah, what was that Auba chip shot near post for example? I mean that one you should strike up hard so it goes through the keeper no matter what he tries.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom