• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

UEL QF 1st Leg: Arsenal v SSC Napoli | April 11, 2019 20:00 BST | BT Sport

What will be the result after the first leg?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

arsenefc

Obsessed With Guendouzi
Ramsey played in the second half at Everton. Look at the first minute of each game and it tells you how they were going to pan out. Even when players weren't directly involved last night they were closing down spaces, players and moving with intent. Sunday they were ambling about, standing off and waiting to see what the opposition did.
but doozi played 90 then and 0 now.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Thought Özil had a good game. Can see he’s getting frustrated though. Several times he gave the ball to Kolasinac and then ran into an open space to get the ball back and Kola either didn’t look or turned away with the ball. Once Özil raised his hands in frustration.

When Iwobi came on for him he’s all energy but no finesse around the box, just like Kola.

Özil and Ramsey together with their one twos looked class in a class, such a shame Ramsey missed that one shot, otherwise he’d have been our best player, although Torreira also shone through with an excellent game.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
You mean 10-0? But yeah, what was that Auba chip shot near post for example? I mean that one you should strike up hard so it goes through the keeper no matter what he tries.
Both of them fluffed easy chances. I was fuming. They looked like the last ten years of bad Danny Welbeck misses rolled into a compilation tape. Feck me it was atrocious! Laca missing with his left. PEA's weird little pansy chip shot. Poor touches. Horrible positioning. PEA not going in for a header and being pushed over by a fart like wind. Pathetic. I was not impressed. We had like 17 or 18 clear cut chances that we did not finish. We could have been wrapped up at 4-0 within the first 30 minutes.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I find it interesting how Napoli are confident of turning things around. They genuinely believe they are superior.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
Both of them fluffed easy chances. I was fuming. They looked like the last ten years of bad Danny Welbeck misses rolled into a compilation tape. Feck me it was atrocious! Laca missing with his left. PEA's weird little pansy chip shot. Poor touches. Horrible positioning. PEA not going in for a header and being pushed over by a fart like wind. Pathetic. I was not impressed. We had like 17 or 18 clear cut chances that we did not finish. We could have been wrapped up at 4-0 within the first 30 minutes.

This win felt like one of those when you're frustrated after a win. We missed so many clear goalscoring chances, that I really hope we don't get to rue them when a energetic home crowd pushes Napoli forward in second leg.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
I find it interesting how Napoli are confident of turning things around. They genuinely believe they are superior.
Maybe they know something about the referee that we don't? Man for man we are clearly superior. There might be 3 of their players who could get into our team?

I suspect our bench is far stronger too.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Thought Özil had a good game. Can see he’s getting frustrated though. Several times he gave the ball to Kolasinac and then ran into an open space to get the ball back and Kola either didn’t look or turned away with the ball. Once Özil raised his hands in frustration.

When Iwobi came on for him he’s all energy but no finesse around the box, just like Kola.

Özil and Ramsey together with their one twos looked class in a class, such a shame Ramsey missed that one shot, otherwise he’d have been our best player, although Torreira also shone through with an excellent game.
I thought Ramsey was our best player regardless. Several other times he made runs which nobody saw. Worked his socks off for the goal and put in several worthy tackles.
This win felt like one of those when you're frustrated after a win. We missed so many clear goalscoring chances, that I really hope we don't get to rue them when a energetic home crowd pushes Napoli forward in second leg.
Yes, that is it. If we concede 3 away from home I'll be bleak and we have every chance of conceding 3 away without scoring

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
And if our misses weren’t bizarre enough, they missed some ridiculous chances as well. It was a strange match when you see professionals miss so many easy chances. These guys are paid a fortune for their ability.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
They are quite strong at thier ground they outplayed Liverpool when in CL. But seeing we got very good advantage a goal there should be enough

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
Despite the good result, I'm not entirely happy with this game.

I thought we looked vulnerable to through balls into space, despite playing a back three. Honestly, I get that it is our current best formation, but I sincerely hope we get a solid LB and CB and go back to a 4-3-3 variant next season.

I thought our technical ability was relatively poor. Looking at the Ajax game the day before I see a squad that is much more comfortable to pass to players under pressure. Saw so many sloppy first touches or passes, which I'm not used to as an Arsenal fan. At the same time we did provide some moments of technical brilliance and beautiful passing movements, so they are capable of it, it's just highly inconsistent.

And our attacking play is mediocre. It has been in a lot of games this season, so I'm actually quite surprised how many goals we have scored given that we have looked rather toothless in many games. Kolasinac, Auba, and Laca really should have done a lot better.

Anyways, we have a good position for the return match, should be able to get to the next round quite comfortably.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Yeah, I understand. It's just that Napoli missed 1 clear goal (back post Zielinski) and one great chance (Insigne). With our away form this is pretty good result still.

Surely capable of sitting a bit back and hitting at least one on the counter, if we don't have to play two of our worst middlefielders at the same time (Guendouzi has been very good often though. Elneny cannot match good opposition, but is good squad player to have.)

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
I'm confident we'll score away, 2-0 should be enough to go there with but you never know with Arsenal, especially away.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
Despite the good result, I'm not entirely happy with this game.

I thought we looked vulnerable to through balls into space, despite playing a back three. Honestly, I get that it is our current best formation, but I sincerely hope we get a solid LB and CB and go back to a 4-3-3 variant next season.

I thought our technical ability was relatively poor. Looking at the Ajax game the day before I see a squad that is much more comfortable to pass to players under pressure. Saw so many sloppy first touches or passes, which I'm not used to as an Arsenal fan. At the same time we did provide some moments of technical brilliance and beautiful passing movements, so they are capable of it, it's just highly inconsistent.

And our attacking play is mediocre. It has been in a lot of games this season, so I'm actually quite surprised how many goals we have scored given that we have looked rather toothless in many games. Kolasinac, Auba, and Laca really should have done a lot better.

Anyways, we have a good position for the return match, should be able to get to the next round quite comfortably.

Our passing stats are significantly down this season. Last night it was 79%, at home, which is almost unheard of under Wenger. Lots of heavy first touches and over-elaboration. I do think it's a symptom of playing high intensity front foot pressing game. It's hard to bring the energy down when you do get the ball.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

Watching that game, that was a very good performance in the 1st half, we hardly did a thing wrong in the 1st half but that was a game of 2 halves you could say. We took advantage of our half with 2 good goals, Napoli didnt in the 2nd half though. It would have been preferable to get a 3rd goal in one of our counter attacks or another one in the 1st half.

The 2nd leg, if we are able to get the 1st goal that would be ideal & that would be very hard for them especially if we'd have the 1st away goal. They missed a few sitters tonight mind you. A 2-0 1st leg lead is a good start to the tie though. Torreira, Ramsey, AMN & Özil were our best players, we can see how much we've missed Toreirra last few games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom