• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

UEL QF 1st Leg: Arsenal v SSC Napoli | April 11, 2019 20:00 BST | BT Sport

What will be the result after the first leg?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

arsenefc

Obsessed With Guendouzi
I do not subscribe to the notion that he is a liability and clearly neither does Emery.

giphy.gif

arsenefc

Obsessed With Guendouzi
that lovely flick of the ankle, as Ramsey scored the first goal was so bittersweet.... also reminded me so much of how jack used to sidefoot flick the ball....till the cloogers-referees-union broke his ankles.... thank god Ramsey survived 1o yrs without his ankles being hacked out.... This is also a reason why Arsenal players may look weak as they chicken out of challenges...they have learnt over the years, that referees will allow the opposition to injure them deliberately.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
that lovely flick of the ankle, as Ramsey scored the first goal was so bittersweet.... also reminded me so much of how jack used to sidefoot flick the ball....till the cloogers-referees-union broke his ankles.... thank god Ramsey survived 1o yrs without his ankles being hacked out.... This is also a reason why Arsenal players may look weak as they chicken out of challenges...they have learnt over the years, that referees will allow the opposition to injure them deliberately.
Yes. Jammy bastard got away with a broken leg.

Bergkamp1988

Ramsey played in the second half at Everton. Look at the first minute of each game and it tells you how they were going to pan out. Even when players weren't directly involved last night they were closing down spaces, players and moving with intent. Sunday they were ambling about, standing off and waiting to see what the opposition did.

I'll never argue against the psychological factor of football as I believe it's the most important factor of all in many ways. So I agree with you partly.
But Sunday was not just a lack of ambition from the players. We were set up very differently. 4 different players on the pitch : Mustafi, Elneny, Guendouzi, Iwobi for Kosc, Torreira, Ramsey, Auba. That's a huge difference in quality. Also, we played a different formations. Sunday was an awkward 5 2 3 and yesterday was an effective 5 2 1 2 with every player in their favorite position. Torreira 6, Ramsey 8, Özil 10 and our two strikers up front.
Sunday would've been a very different game with those ingredients (had it been possible to play all those players)

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
Lol. 1o.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
not as miraculous as somehow being let go on a free at the peak of his career. :)

I didn't see anyone on this forum suggest we should pay him more than £200k per week. I said we should go up to £200k and most people laughed. It's not a case of us letting him go, a team has offered him £400k pw, that's why he's leaving, its no miracle!

arsenefc

Obsessed With Guendouzi
I didn't see anyone on this forum suggest we should pay him more than £200k per week. I said we should go up to £200k and most people laughed. It's not a case of us letting him go, a team has offered him £400k pw, that's why he's leaving, its no miracle!

it is a miracle that we withdrew our offer.....not everyday people are so smart.

arsenefc

Obsessed With Guendouzi
Yes, people do make mistakes. It’s a miracle that Juventus is stupid enough to make that offer, they will regret soon.

yeah...stupid ....really stupid....

they gave us lichsteiner on a free and took Ramsey on a free....you must think they are stupid.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
yeah...stupid ....really stupid....

they gave us lichsteiner on a free and took Ramsey on a free....you must think they are stupid.
Lich wage is 75k, we buy him as a backup and he brings leadership and experience in the dressing room.
Ramsey demand more than 200k, too much for an average player.

Hexagon9

Does “leadership and experience in the dressing room” mean he’s good at hanging-up his clothes and can teach the younger players to do the same?!

Frankly, from what I’ve seen on the pitch I think his £75kpw would have been better spent going towards AR’s £200+kpw. I think we’ve been ‘sold’ a pup.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
Does “leadership and experience in the dressing room” mean he’s good at hanging-up his clothes and can teach the younger players to do the same?!

Frankly, from what I’ve seen on the pitch I think his £75kpw would have been better spent going towards AR’s £200+kpw. I think we’ve been ‘sold’ a pup.
I’m not against the idea to spend the 75k elsewhere instead of having lich. But I would rather throw that money away than extending his contract.
Ramsey is leaving anyway. So just forget about him, sell elneny, and get a cazorla, Fabregas, or Nasri replacement.

Last edited:

arsenefc

Obsessed With Guendouzi
Lich wage is 75k, we buy him as a backup and he brings leadership and experience in the dressing room.
Ramsey demand more than 200k, too much for an average player.

if we bought a player for "leadership" in the dressing room at 75k...and AMN did much better as "backup"...then Ramsey is cheap at 400k, since "leadership" is 75k worth. This has been a fascinating insight into the mentality of the other extreme of the fanbase. Thank you for engaging.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom