• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

UEL QF 1st Leg: Arsenal v SSC Napoli | April 11, 2019 20:00 BST | BT Sport

What will be the result after the first leg?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
Does “leadership and experience in the dressing room” mean he’s good at hanging-up his clothes and can teach the younger players to do the same?!

Frankly, from what I’ve seen on the pitch I think his £75kpw would have been better spent going towards AR’s £200+kpw. I think we’ve been ‘sold’ a pup.
He was a cheap back-up for a year while the transfer funds were invested into more urgent needs. No idea why idea people are feigning outrage over this.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

He was a cheap back-up for a year while the transfer funds were invested into more urgent needs. No idea why idea people are feigning outrage over this.

Yeah weird stuff. Hindsight is always the best. Anyway Switzerland captain for free, when there is no other backup RB than Jenkinson (AMN has covered both LB & RB positions, but is CMF?) would cause an outrage also. Bellerin's possible injury was why he was brought in also, and it happened. We spent the money elsewhere like we had to, and got him for free. Very smart in my view eventhough he hasn't been performing in the most flattering way.

Hexagon9

True that he’s a relatively cheap back-up but I just don’t think he’s been good for us.

I’m not sure anyone’s expressed anything close to outrage over this whether feigned or not, and to say that they have is something of an exaggeration.

drippin

True that he’s a relatively cheap back-up but I just don’t think he’s been good for us.

I’m not sure anyone’s expressed anything close to outrage over this whether feigned or not, and to say that they have is something of an exaggeration.

So, who would you have brought in for free? He has surely been better for us than getting no one. He might have helped with mental attitude of the dressing room and defence, or even probably.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆

TBF, that wasn't directed at you. But there has been a lot of anger about the signing, but it's not like he was expected to play this much. He should've been an EL group stage/domestic cup player, not starting at the Etihad and Anfield.

arsenefc

Obsessed With Guendouzi
So, who would you have brought in for free? He has surely been better for us than getting no one. He might have helped with mental attitude of the dressing room and defence, or even probably.
he has been a net negative... not remotely any kind of asset...a liability...and we pay him to be one. crazy.

Someone not wanted for free even in the Italian league....jeez.

drippin

he has been a net negative... not remotely any kind of asset...a liability...and we pay him to be one. crazy.

Someone not wanted for free even in the Italian league....jeez.

We wouldn't have had to pay him that "much" (with free transfer additional cost) wages if he was not wanted anywhere? Simple logic.

This seems like some kind of agenda with no idea of the big picture related to his transfer here.

Also it's his first season in the EPL, and everyone else gets some free pass because of that, but not Lichtsteiner.

Having a national team captain (Switzerland has some quality) in your dressing room is something to pay for in itself.

Hexagon9

Just like your arguments. You just keep saying he is bad. We all know he has not been very good, but that is not the point.
Surely, that’s exactly the point?
I have no idea who we might have signed as an alternative but that isn’t really relevant as I’m not in a position to have any influence!
I just feel that in the past few years we’ve signed some players purely on the basis that they have either won the World Cup with Germany, done well in the top division in Italy/Somewhere, captained their country or whatever, and yet scant regard has been given as to how their skills might be transferable to us and the Premier League. When you have our issues regarding transfer budget and payroll, I think a more circumspect approach is required.

drippin

Surely, that’s exactly the point?
I have no idea who we might have signed as an alternative but that isn’t really relevant as I’m not in a position to have any influence!
I just feel that in the past few years we’ve signed some players purely on the basis that they have either won the World Cup with Germany, done well in the top division in Italy/Somewhere, captained their country or whatever, and yet scant regard has been given as to how their skills might be transferable to us and the Premier League. When you have our issues regarding transfer budget and payroll, I think a more circumspect approach is required.

So then you guys are suggesting it would have been better we get no backup for RB, as our transfer budget went mostly elsewhere. Okay..

These are exactly the kind of reasons why people on internet forums have no influence in clubs and there are professionals for it.

Last edited:

drippin

You do realize if Bellerin & AMN get injured, or AMN didn't perform well, our starting RB would be Jenkinson and Mustafi would be the one to ease the load. Very smart for the season.

arsenefc

Obsessed With Guendouzi
You do realize if Bellerin & AMN get injured, or AMN didn't perform well, our starting RB would be Jenkinson and Mustafi would be the one to ease the load. Very smart for the season.
jenkinson is about 3 times better than lichsteiner.....at least he can run..

you really need to understand what a 3rd choice RB option looks like. Licht was another half assed move, bought supposedly to teach and challenge bellerin...probably another player on "the hit list" ...

drippin

jenkinson is about 3 times better than lichsteiner.....at least he can run..

you really need to understand what a 3rd choice RB option looks like. Licht was another half assed move, bought supposedly to teach and challenge bellerin...probably another player on "the hit list" ...

You need to understand Emery and coaching staff sees those players much much more on the training ground than you.

Jenkinson was injured also at first (which also describes a need for a backup) and has played 120 minuts in EPL this season. Lichtsteiner has played 772 minutes. So basically you would have wanted Mustafi playing RB when Jenkinson was injured without even knowing Jenkinson's currect level. And Jenkinson playing all those other Lichtsteiner minutes even if Emery and coaches might see that Jenkinson is worse than him. Wow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom