• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Watford vs Arsenal | April 15th | KO: 20:00 BST |Sky Sports

What will be the result of El Clasicojones?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
Can someone tell me why we bothered with the purple kit this season? It would be surely better than this. The only other place I've seen that mint colour is on a dentists chair.
That other kit is supposed to be the primary away one, yet if I'm not mistaken the mint one has been used more often due to colour clashes. No wonder Puma are getting binned this summer.

MikeVinna

Established Member
I hope Laca & Auba step up for this. We cant keep on relying on Ramsey, at some point our £50m+ players need to stand up. I still believe if they don't improve one of them will be out this summer. Auba has scored loads without playing well, Laca has been very hot and cold for me.

I agree. Been saying all season we need to keep our strikers going. Doesn’t help that Auba’s missed loads of big chances. At least when Laca doesnt score he’s very helpful to the team in terms of hold-up play and pressing. I’d still start Auba up front considering its an away game and we can use his pace on the break. Hopefully Emery realises he cant start Elneny and he cant play Özil and Mkhitaryan together.

Leno

Maitland-Niles Mustafi Koscielny Kolasinac

Ramsey Torreira Xhaka

Özil

Aubameyang Lacazette

Bench: Cech, Monreal, Guendouzi, Elneny, Suarez, Mkhitaryan, Iwobi
Like I said before. We cant hand them the midfield like we did Everton.

Last edited:

ArsenalLunatic

Everyone take a deep breath and be positive. We got this. No doubt. THIS is the game we look back on in June or July and we say, ‘All hail Unai’. It may take a fluke goal, it may be ugly,and it will be nervy...but we prevail 3-1 to set us up in solid fashion down the stretch. I’m 100 pct positive.
I think.

NZgunner

I fear that we lost this game once we didn't score a couple more against Napoli.

At the very top level so much of the game is about mentality - if you are only 97% committed then almost any other team in the EPL that is 100% can beat you. And if you start the game with the wrong mentality it can be almost impossible to change it.

This was never more obvious than against Everton last week - the manager's selections showed the team that this wasn't a "must win" game.

I can't see it being any different against Watford if he rests players - and he's already strongly hinted at this after the Napoli game - the second leg is clearly Emery's (and by extension the Board's) priority.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

I fear that we lost this game once we didn't score a couple more against Napoli.

At the very top level so much of the game is about mentality - if you are only 97% committed then almost any other team in the EPL that is 100% can beat you. And if you start the game with the wrong mentality it can be almost impossible to change it.

This was never more obvious than against Everton last week - the manager's selections showed the team that this wasn't a "must win" game.

I can't see it being any different against Watford if he rests players - and he's already strongly hinted at this after the Napoli game - the second leg is clearly Emery's (and by extension the Board's) priority.

What selections in Everton game do you mean?

I think it's possible to prioritize both games, and it makes sense also.

Mohamed7

It is great to win the EL but let's not forget it is a cup and anything can happen!

I much prefer to put a strong line up and game plan against high flying Watford. They are targeting the 7th spot and have a greater chance than the rest of them. That's enough motivation for them, although I think they have enough confidence from reaching FA Cup final.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Kane injury gives us a chance but we need 3 points here. 2 league losses in a row is bad for moral during the run in.

Mustafi playing would be grim news.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
Kane injury gives us a chance but we need 3 points here. 2 league losses in a row is bad for moral during the run in.

The Tottenham fixture list is such that they don't need Kane to win all their games bar the Man City away. We would have to win all our games to finish above them and that ain't gonna happen. We blew it at Everton.

On the other hand we have a good chance of 4th - which would be a bittersweet irony as it will be celebrated as a triumph this time round - but at this stage can't afford more than one more loss. That may change if Chelsea go off the boil.

Mohamed7

They do pretty well without Kane. Only recently they had a number of key injuries but still kept on winning. We must win all our matches if we want to finish above them; they will for sure drop points against City.

Hexagon9

Yep, it would. What are the realistic alternatives that don’t involve Monreal or aren’t there any?

As I’ve said before, I think we need to start our strongest available side in all remaining games.

Hoping for the best tonight but not looking forward to it.

PoleInGoal

Player:Tomiyasu
That other kit is supposed to be the primary away one, yet if I'm not mistaken the mint one has been used more often due to colour clashes. No wonder Puma are getting binned this summer.
Yeah that's what I thought, surely it would be a better contrast to Watford's yellow than the mint one, weird decision

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Reckon it’ll be something like;
Leno
Nacho Kos Mustafi
Kola Ramsey Torreira AMN
Özil
Auba Laca

That team is good enough to go to Watford and win. I seem to be saying it every week but this is a massive game.

Hopefully Watford have got half an eye on the FA Cup final and half arse a few challenges. We need to take our chances here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom