• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Watford vs Arsenal | April 15th | KO: 20:00 BST |Sky Sports

What will be the result of El Clasicojones?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
But Mustafi has to play with Sokratis suspension, while playing Koscielny is risky for his health in any case?
Could play Kos and Monreal or Mavropanos in a back 4 with Kola at LB. Quite honestly anything’s better than Mustafi playing.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Yep, it would. What are the realistic alternatives that don’t involve Monreal or aren’t there any?

As I’ve said before, I think we need to start our strongest available side in all remaining games.

Hoping for the best tonight but not looking forward to it.
I’d trust Monreal before Mustafi any day of the week.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Could play Kos and Monreal or Mavropanos in a back 4 with Kola at LB. Quite honestly anything’s better than Mustafi playing.

I understand what you mean with Mustafi. But is Monreal good with 2 CB tactics? Against Napoli they put high through balls over and against him all the time at the end of the game. Also then it would be Monreal & Kola as CB & LB at the same side with 2 CB line.

Mavropanos has no matches under his belt now & is young for a CB, so can make even worse mistakes than Mustafi sometimes.

Last edited:

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
Reckon it’ll be something like;
Leno
Nacho Kos Mustafi
Kola Ramsey Torreira AMN
Özil
Auba Laca

That team is good enough to go to Watford and win. I seem to be saying it every week but this is a massive game.

Hopefully Watford have got half an eye on the FA Cup final and half arse a few challenges. We need to take our chances here.
Why have you swapped the wing backs?

Hexagon9

I’d trust Monreal before Mustafi any day of the week.
Well yes, but for me Gunnersaurus v Mustafi would be a toss-up.
Monreal concerns me not solely for his errors but for the way he either gets in a strop, or does absolutely nothing to rectify them after they’ve been made.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Well yes, but for me Gunnersaurus v Mustafi would be a toss-up.
Monreal concerns me not solely for his errors but for the way he either gets in a strop, or does absolutely nothing to rectify them after they’ve been made.
Monreal had a tough game against Everton agreed, but normally he’s excellent and has been our most consistent player over the seasons doing his thing at LB. Mr Professional, has rarely let us down.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

3 CBs away from home is a problem. We leave so much space down the sides, and simultaneously weaken our presence in midfield, which isolates our forwards (they aren't physical so they rely on service).

Literally our two best 90 minute away performances this season (Sp**s away and Fulham away) were when we played with 2 solid banks of 4 and hit them on the break.

Ofcourse it's more than just tactics, we need to be more tenacious instead of seeking favours from the referee that we'll never get. We also need to be a lot more clinical.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Monreal had a tough game against Everton agreed, but normally he’s excellent and has been our most consistent player over the seasons doing his thing at LB. Mr Professional, has rarely let us down.
I agree with this, definitely trax, however I'd say the signs of decline are beginning to become more and more frequent. But absolutely Mr Consistent for the vast majority of his Arsenal career.

Hexagon9

I might be doing him a disservice and I’ve got the wrong player, but didn’t he lose the ball high upfield at Rennes, and do nothing about it in the lead up to their third goal?

I accept that everyone makes mistakes, but to do nothing to put them right isn’t good enough for a professional footballer. Again, apologies to him if I’m mistaken but I’ve seen a few of our guys act in this way and as a supporter, it’s almost the worst thing to see.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

I agree with this, definitely trax, however I'd say the signs of decline are beginning to become more and more frequent. But absolutely Mr Consistent for the vast majority of his Arsenal career.
We need a top LB to replace him now he’s ageing, but I don’t think Kola is the one.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

I might be doing him a disservice and I’ve got the wrong player, but didn’t he lose the ball high upfield at Rennes, and do nothing about it in the lead up to their third goal?

I accept that everyone makes mistakes, but to do nothing to put them right isn’t good enough for a professional footballer. Again, apologies to him if I’m mistaken but I’ve seen a few of our guys act in this way and as a supporter, it’s almost the worst thing to see.
No, you’re right he didn’t play well against Rennes either. But he did fine until we went down to 10 men, then he fell apart, particularly after his own goal.

Hexagon9

Is it a fact that Koscielny is still carrying an injury so his game time is likely to be restricted, or is it more the case that he isn’t quite match-fit in terms of sharpness and stamina?

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Is it a fact that Koscielny is still carrying an injury so his game time is likely to be restricted, or is it more the case that he isn’t quite match-fit in terms of sharpness and stamina?
He has an ongoing achilles problem which requires an injection once a week. His playing time is limited to get the most out of him in a season although his career is running out of time altogether I'd say. Sad, in his prime he was quality IMO.

Hexagon9

He has an ongoing achilles problem which requires an injection once a week. His playing time is limited to get the most out of him in a season although his career is running out of time altogether I'd say. Sad, in his prime he was quality IMO.
Indeed. Also, at the moment it feels to me that he’s the glue/sellotape holding our defence together when things get tough.

If we’re to harvest three points tonight I fear we’ll need at least two goals!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom