• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal vs Crystal Palace | April 21st | KO: 16:00 BST

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

GDeep™

League is very weak
How long are people going to blame Wenger? Considering Emery has signed a new spine, has greatly benefited off players like Ramsey, Kos, Özil, Xhaka, Auba, Laca etc.

I was told a new manager would get more out of these players than Wenger could, and how a new manager could easily structure a new defence with a working system unlike Wenger etc, now that hasn’t happened, it’s because Wenger left behind Mustafi ffs.

Today the Emery team selection killed us, there were better options on the bench.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Debatable who was behind the El Neny contract extension.

I’m not pointing fingers, I’m just saying be consistent, if you’re going to mention Wenger when we lose how about you do the same when we win? What’s wrong with that?

Mustafi is ****, Emery doesn’t have to play him, can play 4 at the back today, could’ve even started Nacho instead. Emery also has had two windows, could’ve signed someone else.
Why would I mention Wenger when we win? You only mention Emery when we lose, so what's the difference? Anyway, me mentioning Wenger today is merely in response to people who want to slaughter Emery for who he fielded. He can only select from the gash he has at his disposal. And you think Monreal's dogsh!t anyway.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
At the end of the day, who signed this ****? Most of us bums on the internet knew he was sh!t, but lord Wenger didn't?
:lol: Suggest you go and read the first few pages of the Mustafi thread to see how well regarded he was amongst the ‘bums on the internet’.

Here’s one
Missed a chunk of the game, but from what I saw he was excellent. Knew when to just smash it out and when to play it. Kept it pretty simple.

Football fans are just serial hindsight posters. ‘Everybody knew he was sh!te except the manager’, ‘Every knew he was going to get injured, the manager should have bought a decent back up’.

Nothing changes.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
:lol: Suggest you go and read the first few pages of the Mustafi thread to see how well regarded he was amongst the ‘bums on the internet’.

Here’s one

Football fans are just serial hindsight posters. ‘Everybody knew he was sh!te except the manager’, ‘Every knew he was going to get injured, the manager should have bought a decent back up’.

Nothing changes.
Wow, you got me there... Picked up on me giving him a bit of credit when it was due, even though it was from a game I missed 'large chunks' of?

Well done sherlock :rofl:

GDeep™

League is very weak
Why would I mention Wenger when we win? You only mention Emery when we lose, so what's the difference? Anyway, me mentioning Wenger today is merely in response to people who want to slaughter Emery for who he fielded. He can only select from the gash he has at his disposal. And you think Monreal's dogsh!t anyway.
I constantly defend Emery on here, I’m backing him for next season too. It’s only you and your two bum chums who constantly bring up Wenger anytime things go pear shaped for Emery.

Again today, Emery selected a team despite having better options on the bench. You can’t defend that.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Lets's get one thing straight for the record.

If Emery gets 4th place or wins the EL, it will be in spite of Wengers crap management that saw us drop out of the top four. Make no mistake.

That wont sit well with those who refuse to acknowledge that Wenger undone god knows how many years of good work in the last two of his tenure, because that means Emery has a license to do as he wishes for at least a couple of seasons without blame, which must be like having a smelly sock stuffed in your mouths.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
I constantly defend Emery on here, I’m backing him for next season too. It’s only you and your two bum chums who constantly bring up Wenger anytime things go pear shaped for Emery.

Again today, Emery selected a team despite having better options on the bench. You can’t defend that.
You're trying to have it both ways like a lot on here. The backstabbers are evolving like MRSA on dirty cack stained towel in a filthy hospital.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Lets's get one thing straight for the record.

If Emery gets 4th place or wins the EL, it will be in spite of Wengers crap management that saw us drop out of the top four. Make no mistake.

That wont sit well with those who refuse to acknowledge that Wenger undone god knows how many years of good work in the last two of his tenure, because that means Emery has a license to do as he wishes for at least a couple of seasons without blame, which must be like having a smelly sock stuffed in your mouths.
If Emery gets 4th place and wins the odd cup he’ll just be doing what Wenger did for 20 years. Which is very good on our spend.

But let’s not pretend it’s progress, however much you try and dress it up.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Urgh why is Wenger even being discussed right now for god's sake. He did the best he can, he made some mistakes toward the end of his career here as well as some success (thankfully).

Emery is profiting off some off the players Wenger managed to attract as well as suffering with idiots like Mustafi, El Neny and Jenko its the way the cookie crumbles in the football business, wake up. (you know, you tend to adopt the entire squad from your previous manager?? its then your job to manage these guys until you can get rid of the crap ones)

Emery has admittedly made some questionable choices but dont get it twisted we have overperformed and we are still in the race for a trophy. The weird selections have "I'm not happy with this squad and need to chop and change next summer" all over it... have you not realised? The guy has managed to keep is up there with an extremely poorly balanced side and a defence which until recently was torn by injuries most of the season.

If he continues to make questionable decisions after the summer and our results suffer because of it then sure go ahead and start to complain then, but right now you dont have much of a leg to stand on.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
One thing I hope we can all agree on: No Elneny

If we suffer from injuries then gamble with Willock or Iwobi in midfield i dont care, seriously.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
If Emery gets 4th place and wins the odd cup he’ll just be doing what Wenger did for 20 years. Which is very good on our spend.

Its becoming much more difficult to get into the top4 man cmon... Wenger suffered from this towards the end of his career here. There used to 3-4 good sides and now there's 6. The amount of competition for top4 has almost doubled and sides like City are becoming unreachable depth and quality wise.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
Still recovering. This was never going to be easy because of the timing of the game and when we went behind I thought it was curtains.

What was despairing was how having come out with more aggression in the second half, scored a great goal and taken control of the game we were undone by one piece of abysmal defending (if you can call it that) by Mustafi. I've often cut some slack for him but he has to go, we cannot afford to have him at centre-back on yesterday's performance alone.

Talk about wasted opportunities. 4th was almost in the bag, 3rd a possibility. This result makes 6th a possibility and probably means we need a win at Wolves to stay on track. Not confident.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

How long are people going to blame Wenger? Considering Emery has signed a new spine, has greatly benefited off players like Ramsey, Kos, Özil, Xhaka, Auba, Laca etc.

I was told a new manager would get more out of these players than Wenger could, and how a new manager could easily structure a new defence with a working system unlike Wenger etc, now that hasn’t happened, it’s because Wenger left behind Mustafi ffs.

Today the Emery team selection killed us, there were better options on the bench.
We are better than last season but that doesnt mean we arent being held back by decisions made in the past.

This season we are once again in the EL semi final, weve got past Napoli who had a few people in a panic. Add into that we are sitting 4th with four games to go. Last season we were out of that race long before this point. Weve a better away record than we had last season also.

So its clear weve made progress. Maybe not as much as some would like or assumed would be made with Wenger leaving. At the same time it certainly hasnt been the doomsday that many predicated post Wenger with the whole be careful what you wish for brigade.

Things have improved and continue to improve. Under performing players are playing better but they are still not good enough long term. Hopefully this up and coming window gives us a great opportunity to rebuild the team and move people on.

Let's play Aubamawang

Let us also not forget Wenger's questionable European record. Two finals in all that time, really fluffed the Galatasary one. And the rest of the time struggled to get past last 16, let alone quarters and semis.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
What! How the hell do you think Emery would win a title with these players? Finishing top four with them would be a miracle considering we are up against United and Chelsea who have spent millions in the last three seasons.

I never said he could win the title with these players. I said I don't trust him to build a title winning squad as he is too pragmatic.

He is a good manager but that is as far as it goes. How can you watch the pathetic performance vs Everton and put out the same midfield. Elneny gave us literally nothing. There is no point protecting the back line and being conservative.

Why not blood Willock and play him next to Guendouzi? He should have moved ahead of Elneny by now in the pecking order and has contributed more than Elneny already this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom