• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Leicester v Arsenal | April 28, 2019 | KO: 12:00 BST | Sky Sports

Pick your poison

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Source: Arseblog.news

Who is Emery kidding - hopefully not himself. It's well documented we had around 20% possession in the first 15-30 minutes of the game. Vardy was running behind our defense every 5 minutes.

Iwobi and Laca missed decent chances, they were on top for sure but hardly battering us and you could have easily seen us break away and score. To me the gameplan was to cede possession to avoid being hit on the counter. If you notice our keeper was taking all the goal kicks and the “pass it from the back” strategy was totally abandoned.

Wrighty4eva

Established Member
Anyone else have an issue with spamware/malware on this site, can't make a bloody post without some stupid ad about getting a free phone or something else absurd. Anywho in the US glad I didn't wake up to watch this crap.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
And what did they accomplish?

Being slightly less shyte then now?

Only things we won we won due to Ramsey a physical player
Not sure why you're so curt. I acknowledge that small players weren't necessarily helpful. The emphasis is on the technical ability of previous teams which is superior to most players we have now. Those teams weren't rubbish despite a lack of trophies and they played some great football that wasn't rewarded especially once financial doping increased. Ramsey is hard working and all action. I wouldn't call him physical. Campbell, Vieira and the like were physical. I want a player of any size especially in midfield who can control the ball better than this lot to relieve the pressure on the defence and assist the forwards. We'll control the game better and stand a better chance of winning. We'll be good to watch again too. What's wrong with that? We might win the EL this season, but that will make this a winning team not a good one. I'd like both again.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
It’s not like we don’t spend. It’s when do, we don’t spend. We spent 100m on the two strikers. How much did Liverpool spend on their front three?

And I do rate Laca.

We never seem to be a strategy when it comes to transfers.
I hear you. What I meant was that we've stacked the squad with sub standard players who never came good, because we never seemed to have enough money to get the tight player at the tight time. I liked Giroud, but at the time, we could have got Higuain or even Mandzukic according to Giroud. We went cheap and whilst Giroud did his best, it wasn't quite enough to reach the top. We over compensated in getting Laca and Auba when one and a winger would have been better. Lime you say, no strategy and we waste money. This season, it's been keeping Elneny and wages on Lichtsteiner and Suarez.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
Not sure why you're so curt. I acknowledge that small players weren't necessarily helpful. The emphasis is on the technical ability of previous teams which is superior to most players we have now. Those teams weren't rubbish despite a lack of trophies and they played some great football that wasn't rewarded especially once financial doping increased. Ramsey is hard working and all action. I wouldn't call him physical. Campbell, Vieira and the like were physical. I want a player of any size especially in midfield who can control the ball better than this lot to relieve the pressure on the defence and assist the forwards. We'll control the game better and stand a better chance of winning. We'll be good to watch again too. What's wrong with that? We might win the EL this season, but that will make this a winning team not a good one. I'd like both again.

I am so curt because the sentiments you present are part of the circle-jerk thinking that goes on in this forum and I am bloody tired of it.

Ramsey is most definitly physical, stamina based instead of strength/power granted and yet no slouch in those areas either

Good to watch is meaningless, winning is all that matter, to many people it seems like it must be in a certain way to count, precisly that is what wenger got caught in and it destroyed us

Why repeat the same mistakes?

Could we please try another approach?

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
I am so curt because the sentiments you present are part of the circle-jerk thinking that goes on in this forum and I am bloody tired of it.

Ramsey is most definitly physical, stamina based instead of strength/power granted and yet no slouch in those areas either

Good to watch is meaningless, winning is all that matter, to many people it seems like it must be in a certain way to count, precisly that is what wenger got caught in and it destroyed us

Why repeat the same mistakes?

Could we please try another approach?
Ok sir. Whatever you say.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom