• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

UEL SF 1st Leg: Arsenal v Valencia | May 2, 2019 20:00 BST | BT Sport

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
Score one in Spain and it's done and dusted.

Valencia don't score much this season, rarely more than two.

They weren't scoring early in the season, but they have been lately. They recently had a streak of five straight in which they had scored either two or three. They scored two against Atletico and two against Real Madrid last month.

But that late Aubameyang goal did give Arsenal some breathing room. They can afford to lose by a goal and if Arsenal could manage to score two there then Valencia would have to score five to advance. That's a tall order, though, since Valencia hasn't given up more than one goal at home since they lost to Juventus in the Champions League in September.

So I'm just hoping Arsenal can show the sort of away form they did against Napoli and at least come away with a 1-1 draw or something like that.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
You're basing that on nothing. Think we'd comfortably take care of Frankfurters.

Tbh honest I agree with him. Think as a team and how they play, Chelsea suits Arsenal more. Frankfurt is too close to teams like Wolves and Leicester with a lot of grit, pace and deadly strikers, albeit being individually worse. But that's exactly Arsenal's cryptonite. The only clear plus I could see in a Frankfurt - Arsenal final is that the Germans are absolutely drained physically. Since the K.O. phase they have thrown everything they got into their EL games and their tank is empty. But just by looking at this season and against whom Arsenal have especially suffered, I'd rather have Chelsea. Also because they'd too have that same odd more than 2 week pause between the end of the league and the final.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Brilliant result in the end. That 3rd goal could be vital. Thank you Auba and Laca.

Hope everyone enjoys this this win bar @GDeep™. Can’t respect a man who publicly votes for the opposition. WE ARE THE ARSENAL.

Wonder if that Brummie had “4 figures” on us losing. If so, come collect this “L.”
It was a reverse jinx ffs, been doing it all week and it’s worked. Rooted for Sp**s, Liverpool and Valencia this week.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Excellent result that gives us a chance next week. Hopefully everyone is fit and we can win this competition.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Is there any reason why the final is on a Wednesday? Thursday night or Friday night would have been better.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Guendouzi has checked out for the season. Have some serious concerns about him. I know he's 19 but there are some fundamental flaws in his game.
I more or less gave up on him as soon as Özil said he was the most promising player at the club. Well, not completely give up on him,but it was a huge blow to my hopes of seeing Douzi develop into something big.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
Guendouzi has checked out for the season. Have some serious concerns about him. I know he's 19 but there are some fundamental flaws in his game.

I think he'll be fine, but there's really no substitute for experience. He has a lot of things to work on, but the promise is there. For now, I think it has to be Torreira/Xhaka the rest of the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom