• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

UEL SF 2nd Leg: Valencia (1) v Arsenal (3) | May 9, 2019 20:00 BST | BT Sport

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 1,536
  • Views 102,889

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

If their country can’t guarantee the safety of one of our players then why the **** are they allowed to host the event?

Scandalous.

They should be able if they chose that venue. They talk all the bullshit about "no racism" and then let this kind of things happen.

Basically they will lose face totally about it if they cannot get Mkhi to participate.

SomGooner

Prolific Liker
that's sad, no matter what you think of him as a player

This sh!t will never happen in Africa.

African people don’t mix politics with sports. Two countries could be beefing but if one of them has a superstar, the other nation will root for him just as hard as his own nation. That’s how we get down in the greatest continent on the planet.

All politicians should be dumped in the desert with no water or food.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

It's a shocking choice of venue to be honest. The fact that certain nationalities aren't safe to travel there should automatically discount a country from hosting such an event.

This exactly. Their choice of venue says they don't care so much about racism as they say.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

It's a shocking choice of venue to be honest. The fact that certain nationalities aren't safe to travel there should automatically discount a country from hosting such an event.

I read up on some of the recent tensions, Armenian hatred is widespread there.

In the 2000’s an Armenian solider was taking part in a NATO peace program in Hungary with soldiers from all over the world. He was murdered in his sleep with an axe by an Azerbaijani participant. He made it clear in his trial it was an ethnic killing. He got sentenced to life in Hungary but got extradited back to Azerbaijan to serve the rest of his sentence.

However when he got back to the country, he received a hero’s welcome at the airport, was pardoned on the spot by the president and promoted from private to major.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ramil_Safarov#Budapest_murder

F*ck Azerbaijan and f*ck UEFA.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
It would be lovely to think that we could join forces with Chelsea and fight against this madness (the Russians tend to favour the Armenians in this dispute) but can't see it happening. I would hope that at least the two clubs will discuss it and come out with a joint statement.

Ricardinho

La Liga Correspondent
Also they’ve stuck it on a Wednesday night as well.

The CL final is on a Saturday but any fans going to Baku have to take almost a full week off work and fly via connection to Asia ffs.

It's disgraceful :lol:

Looking at the map it's well out the way for most clubs from various countries that realistically had chance of making the final yet uefa go with such a daft location.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

I watched the game this morning, a pretty nervous start especially after we conceded the 1st goal, after we scored ours though it looked like we just took control then. Auba & Laca both had absolutely top class performances, we need them big time to show their best against Chelsea.

Anyway, I was going to ask, anyone know what is going to happen between Mkhitaryan & the issue with Azerbaijan? If he is not allowed because of this stupid dispute it is just absolutely bull****. If Chelsea want a fair GF they would help us get him across wouldn't they? If they take advantage of it then they are disgraceful Chelsea,

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Having said that, will we all mind very much if we win it?

I’m not going there so it doesn’t affect me, but if I did go I’d have to go on a 6,000 mile round trip to a country with such a dire human rights record in the middle of the working week with no direct flights from London.

serenitynow

Ex-fransgooner

Player:Jesus
Had this show when checking lineups this morning.
Agents Coquelin and Paulista.

z52iwbk8yax21.jpg

Reactions: A_G

Jackie_Treehorn

Player:Martinelli
I swear if we go to pens I'm just gonna turn my laptop off and walk away. I don't need that stress in my life.
Nah. Embrace the moment. The agony and the ecstasy. It's all we can do as fans/supporters.

"...So when the world knocks at your front door
Clutch the knob tightly and open on up
And run forward and far into its widespread, greeting arms
With your hands outstretched before you
Fingertips trembling, though they may be"
-Anis Mojgani

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
I’m not going there so it doesn’t affect me, but if I did go I’d have to go on a 6,000 mile round trip to a country with such a dire human rights record in the middle of the working week with no direct flights from London.
Yeah I know, I'm thinking of doing it if I can get the tickets.

What's outrageous is that given all the nonsense with climate extinction and all that crap this doesn't seem to have become a media issue. Does someone know how to start a petition?

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
How do you know? It made much sense to start him earlier when Leno got rest. But Leno is the better player so makes more sense to start him when Leno doesn't need rest.

Why would Emery choose us to lose ball many times when Cech is bad at playing short passing from the back? If he doesn't have to like earlier.
Cause Cech is playing Europe games, Leno PL. simple as

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom