• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

UEL SF 2nd Leg: Valencia (1) v Arsenal (3) | May 9, 2019 20:00 BST | BT Sport

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 1,536
  • Views 102,969

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
If UEFA allows members to discriminate against players due to their nationality, what is to stop a member from discriminating against players due to their colour or gender or religion or sexual preference?

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Kante not making it would even out Ramsey not playing.

Does anyone else see it really ridiculous that football in general is totally against racism, but Europa League final country can ban certain country's player to not participate? How is this different?

Because the countries have been at war for like 30 years, it's different from throwing bananas and making monkey noises. It's probably better for Mkhitaryan's safety.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
Because the countries have been at war for like 30 years, it's different from throwing bananas and making monkey noises. It's probably better for Mkhitaryan's safety.
But not as good as switching the venue. This is UEFA being cynically calculating, are you telling me if an Armenian team qualified for the final they should not be allowed to play in it?

BobP

Memri Fan
I read up on some of the recent tensions, Armenian hatred is widespread there.

In the 2000’s an Armenian solider was taking part in a NATO peace program in Hungary with soldiers from all over the world. He was murdered in his sleep with an axe by an Azerbaijani participant. He made it clear in his trial it was an ethnic killing. He got sentenced to life in Hungary but got extradited back to Azerbaijan to serve the rest of his sentence.

However when he got back to the country, he received a hero’s welcome at the airport, was pardoned on the spot by the president and promoted from private to major.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ramil_Safarov#Budapest_murder

F*ck Azerbaijan and f*ck UEFA.

There's a link to the murder weapon there as well.

Brutal stuff.

BigPoppaPump

This sh!t will never happen in Africa.

African people don’t mix politics with sports. Two countries could be beefing but if one of them has a superstar, the other nation will root for him just as hard as his own nation. That’s how we get down in the greatest continent on the planet.

All politicians should be dumped in the desert with no water or food.

Warya been ha sheegin.

BigPoppaPump

But not as good as switching the venue. This is UEFA being cynically calculating, are you telling me if an Armenian team qualified for the final they should not be allowed to play in it?

I'm not gonna start defending UEFA's decisions.

I'm just sick of everyone acting like things are black and white, its a grey world. Don't say **** like "omg if they discriminate against someones nation why would't they with race and gender?". Like stop being naive & obtuse and do some research.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
I'm not gonna start defending UEFA's decisions.

I'm just sick of everyone acting like things are black and white, its a grey world. Don't say **** like "omg if they discriminate against someones nation why would't they with race and gender?". Like stop being naive & obtuse and do some research.
"Naïve and obtuse." Yeah sure, it's fun to be contrarian. Stick out in a crowd and all that. Some things are right, some things are wrong. There is no grey about one of our players being treated like a dog and denied access to a final. You're happy with that, cool. But that's what it is, there is no moral justification for it however much not white and black it may be or not be.

BigPoppaPump

"Naïve and obtuse." Yeah sure, it's fun to be contrarian. Stick out in a crowd and all that. Some things are right, some things are wrong. There is no grey about one of our players being treated like a dog and denied access to a final. You're happy with that, cool. But that's what it is, there is no moral justification for it however much not white and black it may be or not be.

I'd rather be a contrarian than a parrot that's just repeating what other people are saying without looking at the nuance or doing any research myself. You're doing what conservatives would call 'virtue signalling', trying to show how morally correct you are while ignoring the perspective.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
I'd rather be a contrarian than a parrot that's just repeating what other people are saying without looking at the nuance or doing any research myself. You're doing what conservatives would call 'virtue signalling', trying to show how morally correct you are while ignoring the perspective.
This parrot wants Arsenal to have every chance of winning a trophy. You clearly couldn't give a ****.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
The worlds bigger than football, Iago. Plus not like Mkhitaryan is gonna make much of a difference anyway.
That's the best answer you could have given, that you don't care if he plays or not because he's unlikely to make the difference. Still doesn't affect the principle which is cast-iron, no discrimination against players. But you should have called me Horatio as you seem to be playing Iago yourself!

Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Established Member
Didn't watch the game at all as I had a Mumford and Sons concert to go to. Bastards only played 1.5 hours btw.

Glad we won. We can beat Chelsea and our season will be saved after all. I'm looking forward to David Luiz crying again after Özil rips him to shreds. And after the game Emery will tell us he has sold Mustafi and Unai will be presented with a statue.

ThlRama

Player:Saka
So, is Napoli-Valencia-Chelsea the most difficult route to this trophy ever? Wenger leaves, but Wenger luck stays.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
How are UFEA even suppose to guarantee Mkhitaryan‘s? The only possible way would be to change the venue but it’s too late for that.

I hope he stays away, but what if he had been a stand out player this season though? At the moment I don’t think much fuss is being made because his been hit and miss.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom