• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

UEFA Europa League Final: Chelsea v Arsenal | May 29, 2019 20:00 BST | BT Sport

Who will win the Europa League?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Giroud12

That argument of spreading love for the game makes me laugh. There are so many countries in the world which are democratic and a good choice for spreading that love. Instead, they choose Azerbaijan?

I´m suprised the wh0le discrimination of Armenians and LGBT has not gotten more attention in the mainstream media. Maybe it´s not "correct" to criticize Azerbaijan, like some other countries.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
No. Apparently there's being work done at the stadium to improve the experience for the rich match day goers. That's not a joke.

Thank god for that, whenever I try and grab some complimentary wine at half time on club level it’s always finished. :mad:

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
I´m suprised the wh0le discrimination of Armenians and LGBT has not gotten more attention in the mainstream media. Maybe it´s not "correct" to criticize Azerbaijan, like some other countries.
If it was Russia they'd have moved the game by now.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
They didn't ban anyone from going there.
They said that Mkhi would be granted a visa, the issue is that they cannot guarantee his safety around the hotel and things like that. I'm sure the governing bodies would allow him to play but they can't control the actions of the people in Azerbaijan.

balthazar

Actually can't believe they don't have proper security forces and agents who can guard him, his room, bus etc. Seem to me more a matter of won't than can't.

Rain Dance

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
The more I think about this, the more it pisses me off that I miss out on my first live Arsenal final because UEFA decided to host this in some dictatorship in Asia, and that I literally would need a week off work to go.

That statement they released just makes it worse. At least just don´t bother responding. How stupid do they think the fans are? Do they seriously believe anyone will buy those old cliches like "spreading the love for the beautiful game", "supporting the footballing family" etc? Just **** off. It´s all bought and we all know it.

Just when you´d think it could´nt possibly get any worse - for the next World Cup actual slaves are used to build the stadiums. We´re talking stuff that was abolished in civilized countries 150 years ago.

The major European FA´s should get together and make the Champions Cup and Europa Cup - same format as before, but no more buying the final and having it in places without the infrastructure to host major events.
Hey, there are dictator countries that's easy to reach even in Asia.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
No. Apparently there's being work done at the stadium to improve the experience for the rich match day goers. That's not a joke.
I’m told they’re getting rid of a load of boxes because they aren’t being used. Can’t remember specifically what alternative money making scheme they’re being taken away for, but I’m sure it’s linked to what you’re on about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom