• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

UEFA Europa League Final: Chelsea v Arsenal | May 29, 2019 20:00 BST | BT Sport

Who will win the Europa League?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

MLK79

Elite Drama Queen
Seriously, Emery took this team to Baku since Saturday to make sure they were in the best conditions for the game and that is what we got today?
CFC got there on Monday, barely got to second gear and still trashed us. That is embarrassing to say the least.
Emery took them to Baku early to pretend that he had them doing anything but playing that circle drill they've been doing all season.

It's quite tragic that a drill that's supposed to develop our players' ability to press has had zero effect this season.

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
Well, **** me.

What a dogshit performance.

Honestly it's hard to know where to begin.

Been a great trip but an utterly dire performance. Very weird.

Need to gather thoughts and revisit this tomorrow...

Neednto gather
You tonight in your hotel....

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

In a way I’d much rather be in our position than theirs. Hazard off, Hudson-Odoi probably too next year and their breakout player injured for a year.

A squad that’s pretty old and a midfield next year that’s bang average and that’s even if Kante stays, transfer ban incoming and an owner who I can see selling up in the next few years.

I look forward to going away on a League 1 away day to an empty Stamford Bridge with Shrewsbury sometime soon.

Yep, and let's not forget United's situation with Foolward and company. Let's just hope this loss and season bring some spirit to our players.

No worries, I just won't watch every Arsenal game next season, and use that time in more useful ways.

Ashybashy86

I don't need to see him next season. I have zero faith in his ability to manage us properly. This year was the first year I can actually say that I didn't enjoy watching us play football. There were no boisterous celebrations. It was all just meh. Our managers' personality is that of someone you'd meet on the street and forget their existence before you had even walked ten steps.

Before the match I saw our lineup and thought it was a bit shït. I just kept it to myself trying to be positive but this man just isn't good enough for us. 6 new players have been brought in under his watch and we are worse than before. As for his ability to get in quality players, I just need to look at the farce that was Suarez to know it's not worth it.
I think some are expecting him to do a Klopp. He doesn’t even have an elite mentality ffs. Every time I read snippets of his press conference, it’s as if we’re West Ham or Everton.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Don't be so sure. Abramovich is an owner that cares and surely has a plan. Pulisic, tactics, a better manager and a winning mentality within the club might be enough to cover the Hazard shaped hole for a year. Money will cover the rest.

Not a chance Lampard is a better manager than Emery, the guy’s a banter appointment. They haven’t even got a Director or Football ffs, been a shambles upstairs for years.

Pulisic isn’t anywhere near Hazard’s level right now, the rest of that squad is old and average and they can’t even improve it because of the ban.

Them and Utd are there for the taking next year

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
On a serious note, feeling for everyone on here. This is a grim way to end the season.

Don’t let it carry over into your personal lives though lads, this sh*t will eat you alive if you let it.
I'm as tranquil as I've ever been. Since I've become a teacher and started moving towards where I need to be in life, I don't even get angry at this sh*t anymore. It's just football, the game is the game.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

So are Chelsea.

Tried to defend Emery but this end of season collapse has been ghastly. IF he was sacked, and he won't be, then i wouldn't complain.

Me too, I do really like Emery, but this collapse has been freakish almost. Europa league from Napoli to the final was brilliant and we bottled it. Got to third in the league then bottled it.

Hope this changes.

Giroud12

Really disappointing. **** atmosphere, **** stadium and **** country. Felt more like the final of the Champions Cup in Asia than the EL.

Chelsea weren´t even that good and its shocking that we managed to lose 4-1. Both teams are lightyears away from Pool and City.

Most disappointing for me was Iwobi not starting over Özil. Looked really great when he came on, full of energy, scored a lovely goal, looked proper up for it. Unai got it right leaving Özil out in the beginning of the season, but of course Ramsey missing makes it a more difficult decision. With Ramsey in the team I think we would have won it. The problem with playing Özil is that Laca and Auba are basically isolated from the midfield, and when our two by far best players are not in the game we´re fecked. He´s finished at Arsenal, finished at the top level, and the club must simply force him out as he cannot be part of the rebuilding.

Also so sad seeing Torreira cry after being subbed.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

I'm as tranquil as I've ever been. Since I've become a teacher and started moving towards where I need to be in life, I don't even get angry at this sh*t anymore. It's just football, the game is the game.

Hope it’s going well for you mate, as a former teacher you’re a better man than me :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom