• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

UEFA Europa League Final: Chelsea v Arsenal | May 29, 2019 20:00 BST | BT Sport

Who will win the Europa League?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
People didn't send a substantial part of their free time saying Hazard was useless. No point in not giving credit where credit is due but if it makes you feel better fine, we all need our escape valves today. The stats in the record will show what happened on the night.

Lol, because he’s not. And to be clear, neither is Giroud.

But this revisionism is annoying.

1. He wanted to leave because he wanted to be a starter in a World Cup year and we only ever played 1 striker
2. Lacazette arrived that summer and Auba arrived in January, making Giroud 3rd choice
3. We sold nearly all our wingers and didn’t cross balls, which is pretty much the only thing Giroud can work with

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

This is a very sad result. 4-1 loss to a pretty dodgy Chelsea team. I think we had a short window after dropping out of top 4 to recover and this was our last chance. With our financial restrictions I can see the gap between us and top 4 getting bigger and us now being officially a tier below as a club in terms of current quality. Including Sp**s. If they win the CL we won't recover from that for at least a decade.

Beany

ITK
Trusted ⭐

Well, it's pretty much all been said here or elsewhere.

That second half performance was an abomination and indicative of all that's wrong with the club.

Being there just accentuated it - the travelling fans were appalled, angry but not really surprised. They gave Özil a right battering.

Watching a bunch of plastic chinese Chelsea chanting in what sounded like mandarin was the icing on the **** cake. Many left with us - they couldn't even be bothered to watch the presentation.

Oh well, off to the carpet museum. Or something....

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

This was like some dog **** friendly tournament final we got paid to play in by some dodgy ****s. Utter shambles from Uefa.

The defence looked so easily breached - Chelsea bypassing two wingbacks especially if one is out of position then encountering two central defenders one of whom was brilliant but is now in serious decline.

Then there was no pace or energy in midfield (without someone like Ramsey).

I hoped Auba would come back and start making runs from midfield though Laca tried to do this.

We really need three proper defenders if we continue with full backs as wing backs

And pace in the midfield - so a winger or pacy midfielder then we can dispense with both full backs being wingbacks. Essentially Kolasinac is deputising in this role; hence Monreal''s presence.

Idally I would like us to spend all our money on defence but we need pace in midfield as well. Luiz and Christensen may never had an easier night again

Ashybashy86

That's so poor from Giroud. I guess he left on bad terms.
I guess not. He did well not to celebrate his goal in front of the fans. Most of whom didn’t mind him leaving and even called him “Lamppost” and “Donkey”.

It’s painful to see, but good for him.

Reactions: roz

Gursha

In contrast to many here, I think we played very well in the first half, and even ( not defensively) in the second half.

First of all, I always said it to my non arsenal supporting friends, Auba is not a big striker anymore... they said " what are you talking about look at his numbers, i wish my team had a striker like him"
I always replied - " well, you dont see how much he missed..."
He has the potential to get 40-50 goals a season, but he's just not a great striker anymore...
He couldve turn the tie yesterday...

Second assessment - I think we play well! even very well!
But only in terms of thinking, our execute is poor because we just have poor players...

There were times we combined so well, but the passes were just slightly stronger/weaker than they should, slightly inaccurate... every thing was almost perfect...

The mind was there, the execution wasnt... and thats what you pay when you have Kola as your LB, his technical ability just isnt good enough. i signal him out because he couldve had 3 assists alone in the first half if he just crossed it first time...

our defense isnt good, and when we are 2-0 down it will be even more evident as we focus on attacking... kola making those crosses plus auba finishing his chances and thats a totally different game...

We did collapse but not entirely... we played very well for most of the periods...

The only thing that worries me is the ignorance of our owner...
I think the values we work on are good, and emery is doing a good job, he just lacks the quality in the players...
And now with no CL money, we wont invest as much... while in order to break through to the CL again you need to invest, other wise our quality will continue to drop...

I still cant grasp how promoted teams can have a significant higher net spend than ****ing Arsenal football club....

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard
Also, your owner sets the tone for the club. Roman Abromovich was hands on, wanted to win and compete, anything less he made changes. This sets a tone within the club.

What about our owner? Absolute **** of a man who clearly doesn’t give a toss.

We have missed the boat when usmanov left. I hate kroenke to the bone. We will NEVER compete with him.

Kingslayer

Forza Milan

"...the interviews from the players this week make me wonder if the trophy that they've been searching for their whole career has already been achieved and attained by getting that Arsenal contract. The move itself is the barometer of success..."

And that's why when Unai (and Arsène before him) say that 'players want to come here' it doesn't fill me with all that confidence...

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐

Cesc can **** off too. Say well done behind the scenes to your old mates by all means but you’re an ex-Arsenal captain and (for some people) legend. Shouldn’t be posing for celebration photos like that.
Its sad because kept faith in this guy and made him decent striker. Didn't expect that from big g

Kroket

Trusty and Sensible
Told you all he was a ****.

“Good servant” “loves the club” :lol:

Never understood the Giroud love-in, probably tied with Adebayor for most annoying starting striker we've had since Wenger signed for us.

Will say he's forged a very nice career for himself considering his limitations, deserves credit for that at least.

say yes

forum master baiter
Never understood the Giroud love-in, probably tied with Adebayor for most annoying starting striker we've had since Wenger signed for us.

Will say he's forged a very nice career for himself considering his limitations, deserves credit for that at least.

He’s good-looking and had a nice beard which is all that mattered to half his Taylor Swift fans on here. No matter how frequently he cost us.

Signs were always there for everyone to see. Cheating on his wife hours before a game he then dropped a costly 1/10 performance in. Cupping his ears to the fans after ending his title-killing scoring draught against relegated Aston ****ing Villa. The lazyness. The playacting. The self-indulgent celebration against Bournemouth when we desperately needed a win. Joining Chelsea.

Average footballer. Absolute ****.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

He’s good-looking and had a nice beard which is all that mattered to half his Taylor Swift fans on here. No matter how frequently he cost us.

Signs were always there for everyone to see. Cheating on his wife hours before a game he then dropped a costly 1/10 performance in. Cupping his ears to the fans after ending his title-killing scoring draught against relegated Aston ****ing Villa. The lazyness. The playacting. The self-indulgent celebration against Bournemouth when we desperately needed a win. Joining Chelsea.

Average footballer. Absolute ****.

I still can't believe people like Giroud ffs. :lol:

Mohamed7

What is very hard to take is Chelsea were rubbish till they scored and we collapsed. We gift them goals right and left. AMN was dispossessed on their second goal, AMN ridiculously challenged that donkey when he had zero chance of winning the ball, and when we got a miracle goal to boost our confidence, Auba was dispossessed in our half when most of our players charged to attack and we couldn't even foul Hazard to give them a tactical foul.

We lost the final rather than Chelsea winning it, if that makes sense. This is why, for me, I will never forget this final. The UCL final we were done by a better team when we had 10 minutes for 75 odd minutes. And that other European final lost was due to penalty kicks which is just lottery and I was also a child back then.

I guess kissing and hitting the Arsenal batch back then meant nothing? He was warming our bench and he is also at Chelsea. Europa league level player. We will make sure we return the thanks soon.

progman07

Established Member

Cesc can **** off too. Say well done behind the scenes to your old mates by all means but you’re an ex-Arsenal captain and (for some people) legend. Shouldn’t be posing for celebration photos like that.
This is not the Arsenal they left, though. They don't have any friends here.

And let's be honest, if we haven't chosen Arsenal for life, would anyone still be cheering on Xhaka, Mustafi, Özil, Kolasinac and co?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom