• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Remembering Jose Reyes

FluffyDoozi

This is just heartbreaking. One of my favorite players as I was starting to watch football. Gave me one of my first memories as a kid watching Arsenal. That 5-3 comeback against Middlesbrough is one of the few moments I remember that season vividly. Him and Bergkamp tore them apart. Also scored a screamer against Middlesborough earlier that season.
Such a shame, a genuine world class talent who didn't live up to his potential and now has his life cut short at 35.
Really tragic. Rest in Peace

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
was remembering his transfer to AFC yesterday.
good days with no Internet (at least for me)... Opening the papers in the morning and seeing double page in sports section about his arrival. the excitment I had, and the joy after realizing what a player he was...

RIP you beauty

Artisan

Not Emery's Old Pal
It's not like a loss of a family or friends, but it's weird just how hard the death of someone we've seen grown up from a young age can hit you, even if they are practically strangers. Hoping his family are well as it was a car accident. RIP.

carlito'sway

Established Member
What an awful news and a tragedy. RIP Jose Antonio. That brings a lot of things in life into perspective. It is a cliche but really true in those moments.

LGooner98

Awful news. He was part of the invincible team. Still so young. This is very sad. Rest in peace!

Last edited:

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Brutal news. Rocky was very hard to take, this is up there.

I'll never forget being in a black cab home from Waterloo station after visiting Paris with the missus for valentines day. The driver had it on his radio already because it turns out he was a gooner. Reyes scored a minute after getting in the cab and we both went mad. He gave us the trip home for free. Cheers for that one, Jose. An invincible and an Arsenal Legend, for me.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
RIP

I’m sad that he left us on bad terms, he didn’t like England.
Apparently he wasn't the most mature of youngsters and found most things hard, even in Spain. Bit of a complicated guy was Jose, but he found happiness and that's all that matters now.

Wrighty4eva

Established Member
He could have been a legend here if he got over the home sickness, nether the less see you on the other side and thank you for the memories RIP.

FinnGooner

Established Member
RIP. Terrible news. Wasn't at Arsenal for that long but gave us fans plenty of unforgettable moments. Very talented guy, even if he never quite fulfilled his potential. Puts things in perspective.

Top Bottom