• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

$tan Kroenke Becomes Soul Owner

Artisan

Not Emery's Old Pal
Even though it's all PR speak, I like that Josh Kroenke is releasing open letter and doing interview with the main site. At least he's not a mute like his bastard father.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
I knew Josh Kroenke would be the one to respond - he appears to be the one director involved in the club affairs to a degree.

I'm waiting for the changes to take effect.

OneAW!

We have spent the money we’ve earnt, no more. Our cash balances haven’t dipped below £200m for years, just once in the last five or so actually. This is fine in a climate where we can continually raise our income via sponsorship deals, CL participation etc but the major problem in the last two seasons have been lack of CL revenue.

It’s clear that the Board (and I’m assuming by extension Kroenke) does not want our cash reserves to dip below £200m for whatever reason. I can say this because of what I pointed out above. What we’re seeing now is the Board trying to manage our cash reserves not falling below some arbitrary figure (my guess is £200m) and thus we have this pitiful “£40m transfer budget” when ideally we need to replace half the team.

What does this have to do with Kroenke? Well SwissRamble’s thread laid it out bare.
  • Our commercial income became a joke
  • We “held our powder dry” in a climate where transfer inflation erased our spending power
These two decisions were a result of keeping a charlatan like Gazidis on as CEO. If Kroenke even had a modicum of interest in Arsenal then Gazidis would have been sacked ages ago, well before this rot would have reared its head. What we’re seeing now is a decade of financial mismanagement under the stewardship of an owner who simply doesn’t care.

He does care and things are exactly how he would like it. Gazidis was a valued employee who kept getting raises because he kept cash reserves high allowing Kroenke to borrow against the club at lower rates. He's ok with us being a top 6 club, as long as the balance sheet looks good. No wonder Wenger didn't want to have anything to do with the club anymore.

The only way we can breakout of this vicious cycle is to go full on Kroenke OUT! Not only will this bring him negative attention, but a toxic atmosphere will help the club fall out of the top 6 and force him to sell.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

He does care and things are exactly how he would like it. Gazidis was a valued employee who kept getting raises because he kept cash reserves high allowing Kroenke to borrow against the club at lower rates. He's ok with us being a top 6 club, as long as the balance sheet looks good. No wonder Wenger didn't want to have anything to do with the club anymore.

The only way we can breakout of this vicious cycle is to go full on Kroenke OUT! Not only will this bring him negative attention, but a toxic atmosphere will help the club fall out of the top 6 and force him to sell.
Wenger was clinging on as long as he could. Let’s not act like he walked away now.

OneAW!

I'm just ridiculing it, it's not gonna make a change and people don't know what they want from Stan and co.

How can you know? How can you be so sure? Seems to me if it wouldn't have made a difference Kroenke wouldn't be paying you tell anyone not to try.

Reactions: roz

macka66

Actions speak a thousand percent more than words, sounds positive but we have heard it all before. Got to give credit to the club for putting sub titles during the interview I’m sure that everyone didn’t understand him talking English.

Why

Always Me ?
Wenger was the wife in one of those abusive relationships. Kroenke was the Husband coming home after some wife beater and taking cash out of his wifes purse to use buying some smack.

His wife thought she could change him, she took the beatings, the ridicule, and the kids telling her to leave him. She scrounged by enough money to make sure the kids had a few Christmas presents and new school clothes. Eventually after years of abuse and the kids threatening to stop seeing her. She ended up running away, sadly she left the kids with the abusive husband who has a new Girlfriend to beat on...

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

He's right, though. Arsenal is a business foremost and the fans can't have a say in how the money is spend.

Would you expect consumers to have a say in how Apple is run just because they have bought an iPhone.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
"That doesn’t mean that my father or I have ever said anything about any restrictions on spending. We know where we need to be and we know the areas we need to address on the pitch. It’s not who you buy, it’s how you buy. There’s multiple statements to say how to skin that cat."

English is his first language, right?

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
He's right, though. Arsenal is a business foremost and the fans can't have a say in how the money is spend.

Would you expect consumers to have a say in how Apple is run just because they have bought an iPhone.

Consumers have a say? You guys agreeing with Josh must be still living in 20th century. The world is pretty much build on co-creation, and communication between stakeholders, and as consumers/fans/stakeholders we're the most important part of the club, without us it wouldn't exist.

Saying that the fans' job is just to cheer is pretty f*cking filthy and disrespectful by that scumcunt, Josh. If the fans feel that the club isn't where it should be at the moment then they have every right to voice their frustrations.

And "frankly" Arsenal fans have had patience for 15 freaking years, and after years of stagnation we've now reached a point of regression on and off the pitch. There's every right to point fingers at the owners, it was easy to blame Wenger in all those years but now that he's gone, the owners have nowhere to hide.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Consumers have a say? You guys agreeing with Josh must be still living in 20th century. The world is pretty much build on co-creation, and communication between stakeholders, and as consumers/fans/stakeholders we're the most important part of the club, without us it wouldn't exist.

Saying that the fans' job is just to cheer is pretty f*cking filthy and disrespectful by that scumcunt, Josh. If the fans feel that the club isn't where it should be at the moment then they have every right to voice their frustrations.

And "frankly" Arsenal fans have had patience for 15 freaking years, and after years of stagnation we've now reached a point of regression on and off the pitch. There's every right to point fingers at the owners, it was easy to blame Wenger in all those years but now that he's gone, the owners have nowhere to hide.

I think the issue is too many fans think they're more important than they are, what other role do the fans have than to cheer the team? Really all everyone wants is have better players and win trophies. The Kronke's know that and all this other stuff is arbitrary, guys that don't even go to games or live in London complaining about out the atmosphere in the Emirates for example.

If we finished in the top 4 or won the Europa none of this would be happening, fans only care about winning.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me

I agree, Arsenal is a lifetime club you don't just walk away when things are not so good. If you are not happy with Apple you just switch to Samsung or Huawei. If you buy the clubs merchandise, game tickets etc then you are a consumer and you have every right to complain, the best way to complain is by not buying the goods. Show Josh Kroneke that you wont just turn up and cheer like a good little supporter!

Latest posts+

Top Bottom