• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Emirates Cup 2019: Arsenal v Lyon | KO: 15:15 BST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashybashy86

We could’ve won this and I’d still think Emery is a bum. From his own mouth he says first he wants us to be offensive, but everything is still so labored. Persisting with finished players like Mhki and Monreal for most of the match didnt help.

On a bright note, Ceballos looks class.

kofigunner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
When it comes down to the defence, I think it goes beyond players. Yes, you do have great defenders and less capable ones, but I firmly believe that if the system is well drilled into people, basic things like offside traps can be much tighter than they currently are. We do need a leader at the back, yes, but I think the coaching staff need to do more. Poor defenders will break you, but as a team we need to be better defensively.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

Think Emery should be doing better with the back line. The defenders are not as bad as they are showing.

They always look like headless chicken, it's either coaching or they are all a bit dim. We probably need someone to lead the line back there.

arsenefc

Obsessed With Guendouzi
very low quality game. We had no extra gear. Lyon had three good players upfront and they made an effort for 10 minutes and nicked two goals, enough to win this.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
I don't want to bash Xhaka but he's awfully slow in every way. He got the ball in midfield and passed back to Leno twice forcing him to take a different route out whereas in the same position, Guendouzi would receive the ball and run back towards Leno before turning towards goal. That make a massive difference to speed of attack. Shake also had two easy passes but swelled and got fouled both times. Lucky he's durable but one good opportunity was lost. He had some nice passes forward, but if hes starting, we are reducing our options in midfield. Play seemed to be better around him.

BobP

Memri Fan
Think Emery should be doing better with the back line. The defenders are not as bad as they are showing.

AMN isn't a natural defender.

Nobody knows Chambers' best position

Monreal is 33.

Mustafi is Mustafi.

Jenkinson is Jenkinson.

Sokratis, Holding, and Bellerin are the only somewhat reliable defenders, and the latter two are injured.

Think Emery has been dealt a **** hand.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
We could’ve won this and I’d still think Emery is a bum. From his own mouth he says first he wants us to be offensive, but everything is still so labored. Persisting with finished players like Mhki and Monreal for most of the match didnt help.

On a bright note, Ceballos looks class.
Yeah he bum because Nektiah missed 3 straight sitters chances that could give us 4-0 lead. Shut up

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

Player:Saka
Some positives today.. Ceballos looked good..

Willock, Ceballos, Guendouzi all looked good. So good options in the middle.

Nelson looked more lively too, wish he got to play till the end. The team as a whole has to improve end product though.

People keep talking about bad defenders, but when the team keeps missing chances, it always creates an opening for the opposition to come back. 1-0 leads are never safe.

Arsenal are not a defensive team, the best defense is a great and clinical attack that breaks the will of the opposition.

Making them panic and forcing the issue which just leads to more openings for us.

Last edited:

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
I don't want to bash Xhaka but he's awfully slow in every way. He got the ball in midfield and passed back to Leno twice forcing him to take a different route out whereas in the same position, Guendouzi would receive the ball and run back towards Leno before turning towards goal. That make a massive difference to speed of attack. Shake also had two easy passes but swelled and got fouled both times. Lucky he's durable but one good opportunity was lost. He had some nice passes forward, but if hes starting, we are reducing our options in midfield. Play seemed to be better around him.
He was just there today. Nothing really meaningful from him.

Ashybashy86

I thought Eddie was rubbish, actually outside of that one moment where he bullied Sule he's been pretty meh missing lot of easy chances this pre-season. Don't think he is ready at all, hope he goes on loan.

Xhaka was absolutely rubbish this pre-season and this game was no exception. I mean he is usually rubbish anyway, but hope he gets ready in time for the season's start because looking at the line up today we don't have actually anyone to deputize for him since all of Guen/Torreira/Caballos/Willock seem to play mainly next to him...

I think he’s a decent player with a lot of room for improvement. He makes intelligent runs, but his first touch is poor imo. I just think people are overhyping him at the moment.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Big Eddie fan but I agree last couple of games his finishing has been rushed. Might fall into the Akpom trap of being so obsessed with trying to score that he overdoes it. Just needs to be easy.

TromsoGooner

Obsessed With Looking for Eric
With Ceballos, Willock, Gouendouzi and Torreira he should be on the bench, we actually have good depth in midfield now. Sadly it won`t happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom