• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Emirates Cup 2019: Arsenal v Lyon | KO: 15:15 BST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beksl

Sell All The Youngsters
Big Eddie fan but I agree last couple of games his finishing has been rushed. Might fall into the Akpom trap of being so obsessed with trying to score that he overdoes it. Just needs to be easy.

Not just last couple of games it's a trend that goes back to last season. It seems his game and especially finishing from youth to senior football isn't translating that well.

I'd give him one more season to prove himself and then sell if he doesn't impress. We need to be more ruthless and sell some of those who don't pass the test, that way we at least get a couple of quids out of it.

Wrighty4eva

Established Member
You see Ceballos coming off the bench and you get pure quality. You don’t see that with Martinelli. I’m not convinced at all.
He's basically scored or almost scored everytime he's played, what more does he need to do to convince you ?. Not saying he's the finished article but the promise is there, to say he is a flop is unnecessary hyperbole.

Big Eddie fan but I agree last couple of games his finishing has been rushed. Might fall into the Akpom trap of being so obsessed with trying to score that he overdoes it. Just needs to be easy.

A loss and even you kicking into a youngster who has had solid preseason overall. Rofl.

The attack isnt improving. We are team who have plan A which is cut backs. Then we have nothing. Hard to blame attackers. Put Xhaka praised it well last season. Emery only comes up with defensive solutions.

9jagooner

I think we're beginning to see that Eddie isn't ready. Especially for all the "sell Laca, play Eddie" fans. I dare say that Akpom was more ready yet he didn't make the first team at Arsenal.
Nketiah needs to go on loan. Go and play week in week out and see what it is to be a top 9 at a football club. It's a massive jump from U23. Playing back up and scoring the odd goal here and there isn't it at all. He's played 3 preseason games where he's missed chances and fans are already on his back. Imagine if these were league games where the results actually matter.

He's got the movement and the hunger is there too but needs to learn to be a clinical finisher. Like we say where I'm from, "it's not by gra-gra". Basically means, it's not about pushing and shoving and aggressiveness. There are techniques to this game and Eddie needs to learn it.

As for Willock, I think I can trust him in some games. You can see the "arrogance" is slowly coming out. This will help him in the long run. But with Ceballous, Torreira, Guendouzi in the team, should he be satisfied with sub appearances and occasional games? For a 19 year old, my opinion is NO. I think he can fit into the first 11 of a PL side. I'd rather watch him play week in, week out.

Up to him though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom