• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Emirates Cup 2019: Arsenal v Lyon | KO: 15:15 BST

Status
Not open for further replies.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
Can we please stop going into meltdown again?

Half the forum was in awe of the talent pool and promise the players have shown. We conceed two goals on the other end in a meaningless game, but there's no news.

We already know that Nacho is finished, sadly. We already know that AMN is a midfielder, not a defender. That's why we are getting Tierney, maybe even a RB (Alves?) and possibly Rugani with hopes on Holding and Bellerin coming back soon.

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

Player:Saka
I think we're beginning to see that Eddie isn't ready. Especially for all the "sell Laca, play Eddie" fans. I dare say that Akpom was more ready yet he didn't make the first team at Arsenal.
Nketiah needs to go on loan. Go and play week in week out and see what it is to be a top 9 at a football club. It's a massive jump from U23. Playing back up and scoring the odd goal here and there isn't it at all. He's played 3 preseason games where he's missed chances and fans are already on his back. Imagine if these were league games where the results actually matter.

He's got the movement and the hunger is there too but needs to learn to be a clinical finisher. Like we say where I'm from, "it's not by gra-gra". Basically means, it's not about pushing and shoving and aggressiveness. There are techniques to this game and Eddie needs to learn it.

As for Willock, I think I can trust him in some games. You can see the "arrogance" is slowly coming out. This will help him in the long run. But with Ceballous, Torreira, Guendouzi in the team, should he be satisfied with sub appearances and occasional games? For a 19 year old, my opinion is NO. I think he can fit into the first 11 of a PL side. I'd rather watch him play week in, week out.

Up to him though.

You must be Nigerian. Yea Nketiah really needs that loan. Nelson and John Jules can fill the void of the third forward. Nelson can play LW, 10 and as a inside forward.

9jagooner

I've always said here that it's difficult to pin point if our defensive issue are down to personnel or coaching.
For years we watched Arsène play different players at the back with little or no improvement. Then Bouldy was promoted to first team and we thought, "surely now we would do better?" Only to have same issues.

Now we have a new manager, who has played different formations and brought in one or two defenders, yet no improvement.

On the contrast, you see City play Otamendi in defense yet they go several games without conceding.

I'm not an expert so really difficult to tell.
I say this because I see many clamouring for new defenders. Do you guys think change of on the field personnel will solve the problem?

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
I think we've played well overall. Passing was on a good level and we were always dangerous going forward. We've made only 2 errors at the back, both resulting in a goal and that won't happen always.
Ceballos is a great addition to this squad and young players proved again that they can be trusted at the highest level, that's the most important thing I will take from the game.

Gtfoh am I kicking into him. He was good but faded. Needs to calm down a bit in front of goal, been a bit too eager last couple of games and timing let him down.

Been good preseason for him no matter what you say. He is getting into good goal scoring positions. The more he plays the sooner he will start to score.

Bad loss today but hard to blame attackers. We need to attack with better idea when we dont have cut backs.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Pepe Mkhitaryan
Aubameyang Lacazette
Nelson Iwobi

Our attack once hopefully Pepe signs looks brilliant, assuming it’s only one of Lacazette/Aubameyang at a time.

arsenefc

Obsessed With Guendouzi
People posting this need to open their eyes. You post that our team isn't good enough, the players aren't good enough, what do you expect that to play like? Obviously its not gonna be easy on the eye.

Our main team with Tierney and Pepe IF we get them over the line and also with Ceballos will actually be easy on the eye. The lot that played today will never ever be easy on the eye apart from Willock/Nelson/Auba/Laca. We had nothing creative on the pitch until Ceballos came on.

yes..thats what I said. The part about the manager and players not being good enough had already been said. I was replying.

The White Pelè

Human Highlight Reel
Disappointed, but not surprised. So typical to beat Bayern, draw with Real and then lose against Lyon.

Mustafi can really **** off. Everytime he waves his hand asking for offside you know it's on. We also have no real full back atm so we need to get Tierney asap.

Iceman10

Established Member
Friendlies are games to rotate all your players in over the 90 minutes. Wouldn't read too much into results, apart from concerns over the backline.

Gunners21

obviously, some people are commenting without watching the match.

AMN was injured before/during the first goal. you could see him grimacing in pain and limping while walking just after the goal

that said, our defence still suck lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom