• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Angers SCO v Arsenal | July 31 | KO: 18:30 BST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aevi

Hale End FC
I know he's meant to be the golden boy of the group but Nelson hasn't shown himself to be the big, big talent he's meant to be this preseason imo. Martinelli has shown more in my eyes, I think he's more ready for first-team opportunities.

I get Nelson needs time, I 100% agree with that. I'm just saying that's what I'm seeing in front of me right now. Talks of him usurping the likes of Iwobi are premature. I don't believe he's ready.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
I just dislike his football philosophy. Arsenal should be playing more short, inventive passes.

This is Everton 2015 football.
Depends on players in pitch against real Madrid we out pass them by 100 I think we had 350 successful passes at first half today just 266 because many youngesters playing

Iceman10

Established Member
I just dislike his football philosophy. Arsenal should be playing more short, inventive passes.

This is Everton 2015 football.

If that is expected here from the young players you would expect that style to feed up from the youth teams. Hard to attribute to Emery here, he hasn't been long enough at the club to get into details of synchronising youth teams with any philosophy, he's had his hands full enough dealing with the first team, which is his primary responsibility.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Bit of an odd half that. Some good things though. Our pressing from the front has been pretty decent but when we get the ball the attacks have kinda broken down. Our building from the back is a symptom of Guendouzi and Burton both hanging back and John-Jules playing as a sort of pressing second striker and being high up next to Nketiah. Seems like it was a 442.

Nelson and Martinelli have been dangerous and arguably the best players but aren't seeing enough of the ball, in fact all 4 of the forwards need more of the ball.

Still some areas of encouragement otherwise. Medleys brave distribution is welcome but he needs to get used to first team pace. I think he will get there but hes not quite got it yet. Burtons also been pretty good.

Highbury_2006

Village Idiot
I know he's meant to be the golden boy of the group but Nelson hasn't shown himself to be the big, big talent he's meant to be this preseason. Next to the likes of Martinelli and John-Jules, he just hasn't impressed me all that much.

I get he needs time, I 100% agree with that. I'm just saying that's what I'm seeing in front of me right now. Talks of Nelson usurping the likes of Iwobi are premature. I don't believe he's ready.

He showed his talent last season.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
In this preseason Martinelli look much better than Nelson. Nelein hasn't shown anything to make him starter still hope he stay because we short in wings

Iceman10

Established Member
I know he's meant to be the golden boy of the group but Nelson hasn't shown himself to be the big, big talent he's meant to be this preseason. Next to the likes of Martinelli and John-Jules, he just hasn't impressed me all that much.

I get he needs time, I 100% agree with that. I'm just saying that's what I'm seeing in front of me right now. Talks of Nelson usurping the likes of Iwobi are premature. I don't believe he's ready.

He was ok against Lyon, but still not ready to usurp the likes of Iwobi. Maybe an issue of consistency.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
I know he's meant to be the golden boy of the group but Nelson hasn't shown himself to be the big, big talent he's meant to be this preseason imo. Martinelli has shown more in my eyes, I think he's more ready for first-team opportunities.

I get Nelson needs time, I 100% agree with that. I'm just saying that's what I'm seeing in front of me right now. Talks of him usurping the likes of Iwobi are premature. I don't believe he's ready.
I think he is ready, just needs a shot.

Hes been our best player today aswell IMO.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
At the moment we are playing like a bunch of strangers who have been badgered into playing a game and reluctantly given in.

I hope we won't look back in Angers afterwards.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

To me, he just doesn't seem to have that explosiveness that you'd want to see from a promising young attacker.

MLK79

Elite Drama Queen
Created absolutely fckall in the 1st half.That Adelaide kid looks special wish we had him.
We should enquire about signing him. I couldn't fathom him not wanting to play for the Arsenal and making a good impression here.

Aevi

Hale End FC
I think he is ready, just needs a shot.

Hes been our best player today aswell IMO.
I prefer Martinelli's instincts, he's got a directness to his play that makes things happen more than I feel Nelson does. I think that'll translate better as he steps up.

Nelson can definitely put things together given opportunities, but I think it'll take some time. Just a gut feeling. Think I just have a slight preference for Martinelli too from what I've seen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom