• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alex Iwobi (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Iwobi, whether people like it or not was used as a winger here. He was never getting a central role and so he should be judged on his performances for 3 years out wide.

3 goals a season is not acceptable when you have players playing for the top six getting 20 in the same position.

Good luck to him.

Beast Incarnate

Why are people mad he's leaving? Not good enough and we're getting 40m! Also more chances for Saka and Nelson and Martinelli.

Saka who has only played at youth level and Martinelli who has only played in the regional Brazilian 3rd tier league. At least Nelson has played in the Bundesliga.

Can't say I'm as excited as everyone else at losinggood player like Iwobi and throwing in a bunch of kids.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
Gotta say great business and yet, coming in here here after missing the final hours of deadline day, it hit me for a second seeing our very own boy in blue.

All the best lad, you could've been a great CM here, hopefully you have the career you deserve, with big performances, just not against us !

Kingofthebongo

I think he will step up a level, but that may not mean we shouldn't have sold him.
He came in as a youngster and seems that he is having a hard time shaking off that "youth potential" identity that comes with what people know you as for so long.

Sometimes this sort of thing is just beneficial for both parties as I dont think he would have ever stepped up for us. 40m is good business.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

Saka who has only played at youth level and Martinelli who has only played in the regional Brazilian 3rd tier league. At least Nelson has played in the Bundesliga.

Can't say I'm as excited as everyone else at losinggood player like Iwobi and throwing in a bunch of kids.

That's a shame

goldengod

Good luck to him.

Don't think he is the type of player that ever be good enough to play for a team that wants ambitions of fighting for the top accolades. Perhaps a useful squad player but at £35-40m we'd be silly to turn that down.

Nelson/Saka/Martinelli can now get the chance to make a claim for a serious squad place. If not, go back in for Zaha (or someone else) 12 months from now.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

Got to laugh and the bellends on twitter saying this was done to balance the books, as though the club knew Everton we’re going to bid for Iwobi at the last minute. People always looking for an angle.

It's a daft angle. Raul will see this money as a chance to get his man at CB and LW in the next year.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Would the disgruntled fans be satisfied, if we got Ryan Fraser on a cut priced deal in January to replace Iwobi?

Ryan Fraser has a better goal/assist ratio than Iwobi plus he will only have 6 months left on his deal.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Auba-Laca-Pepe as starting forwards in line-up. This sale gets our youth better way to the first team. They are years younger than Iwobi and I think we have many talents so some of them can surely contribute what Iwobi has.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Got to laugh at the bellends on twitter saying this was done to balance the books, as though the club knew Everton were going to bid for Iwobi at the last minute. People always looking for an angle.
we spent 70M net our fans like to moan it's nothing new some them seem sure Iwobi will have 10 goals 10-15 assists with everton :lol:

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

Would the disgruntled fans be satisfied, if we got Ryan Fraser on a cut priced deal in January to replace Iwobi?

Ryan Fraser has a better goal/assist ratio than Iwobi plus he will only have 6 months left on his deal.
Can't go back to that. Don Raul has spoiled us.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Fair play to him moving. He needs to play centrally and I think he might have more chances at Everton.

I really liked Iwobi, think he had his qualities, but he stagnated badly and this is the right move for his career.

Good to see faith being put in Nelson, hope our fans give him time to find his feet at this level.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom