• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL | Newcastle vs Arsenal | Sunday, 14:00 BST | Sky Sports

What is you predicted result?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aevi

Hale End FC
Newcastle vs Arsenal

1536975390.jpg

We're back :drool:

Current Injuries

Holding (Knee)
Bellerin (Ligament Rupture)
Lacazette (Ankle) **Only a slight doubt
Mavropanos (Groin)
Smith-Rowe (Groin)
Tierney (Groin)

Predicted Lineup

I reckon the Barca lineup is the best indication of the team we'll put out, so I think we can expect something such as...

Aubameyang
Nelson - Özil - Mkhi
Xhaka - Willock
Monreal - Sokratis - Chambers - AMN
Leno​

It isn't our best team by a long shot, but once our new signings of Pepe, Ceballos, Tierney, and Luiz get fit and adjusted and Holding, Bellerin, and Lacazette recover from their injuries, we should be looking quite good. That team should be good enough in the meantime. Hopefully.

Hope you still have your winning mojo with you. If that's not enough, Pepe can always come from the bench and rip em apart! Here's to a good season and good football.

Manberg

Predator
We ought to win and that should send a statement, we mean business.

There's no chance Chambers will start CB over Mustafi.

Aevi

Hale End FC
We ought to win and that should send a statement, we mean business.

There's no chance Chambers will start CB over Mustafi.
Did you see Emery's face when Suarez scored just after Mustafi came on?

I think (hopefully) that we'll be seeing less and less of him. Might still be sold even.

mavelous

Tinfoil hat aficionado
I think (hopefully) that we'll be seeing less and less of him. Might still be sold even.

Especially if he's refusing to take a wage cut to leave. If he keeps starting of course he will be the under false illusions

Time to let the deadwood know that they aren't wanted

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Leno
AMN Chambers Sokratis Monreal
Guendouzi Xhaka Willock
Özil Aubameyang Nelson
I'd go for something like this. Not the most ideal lineup IMO but based on who'd likely be fit and ready to start this would be OK. Would rather no Xhaka but he is fit and Torreira or Ceballos aren't gonna start IMO. Under no circumstances should Mhki play.

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
Think you're correct with that team. Unless Emery totally bottles it and starts Özil on the right with Nelson on the bench?

Hope he starts young Joe over Matteo as well. His physical qualities will help us away from home.

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
Leno
AMN Chambers Sokratis Monreal
Guendouzi Xhaka Willock
Özil Aubameyang Nelson
I'd go for something like this. Not the most ideal lineup IMO but based on who'd likely be fit and ready to start this would be OK. Would rather no Xhaka but he is fit and Torreira or Ceballos aren't gonna start IMO. Under no circumstances should Mhki play.
I like this as well.

4-3-3 giving us numbers in the midfield. Özil to drop and tuck in to feed Auba and Reiss.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
I like this as well.

4-3-3 giving us numbers in the midfield. Özil to drop and tuck in to feed Auba and Reiss.
Willocks runs from deep also give us extra dynamism IMO. Help make the ball stick further forward. Pepe to come off the bench and provide further attacking impetus if needed.

GunnerUK

can’t remember the last time we won an opening fixture but really want us to hit the ground running on Sunday. We Need To Win.

Hoping Pepe starts..probably won’t..

See a draw unfortunately... But you never know

lamby22

It's Not Lupus

Confident of a win. Just shows what a good transfer window can do for my morale. This time a couple of months ago I hated them all and didn't care whether I saw them play for us again. Now I'm excited for the season and 3 points on Sunday.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
With his involvement in pre-season and was impressive Willock will surely start i think Ceballos and Pepe are still short but they will surely start against Burnley at least.

Moon Boy

What about Chambers as rb, if Luiz plays so we can do Chambers, Papa, Luiz, Kol (Untill Bellerin, Kieren & Holding are fit again). Been reading this forum for the past ten years or so first ever post .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom