• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL | Newcastle vs Arsenal | Sunday, 14:00 BST | Sky Sports

What is you predicted result?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
The start of the season might end up being a bit tough, but we should be pretty good as soon as all players slot in.

Just get this in your head AM, except Mkhi we've only got speedsters for the wings now. No more **** subs, Auba, Martinelli, Saka, Reiss and Pepe it is :drool:

Last edited:

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
Not ideal to start with zero new signings which looks likely. We need to pick up points while everyone is slowly coming back, even if we are second best, just need to pick up the three points. We saw last season how crucial a single point can be at the end of the season.

I would start Ceballos. He didn't have much game time in pre-season and is new to the league. Don't want our midfielders dominated again which will put tremendous strain on our defence.

mavelous

Tinfoil hat aficionado
If willock doesn't start don't see the point of our youth strategy and the pre season. We know emery isn't afraid of starting youngsters in responsible positions ala guendo and holding. Otherwise it will start smelling of favoritism

goonerfamily

Think we'll see: Leno; AMN Chambers Sokratis Monreal; Xhaka Willock; Mkhitaryan Özil Nelson; Aubameyang

Not ideal. Hopefully Ceballos, Lacazette, Pepe and Torreira are fit/ match fit for this one

asukru

Established Member

Player:Martinelli
ah s**t here we go again. hopefully for winning start.
Leno
AMN Luiz Sokratis Monreal
Willock Ceballos
Auba Özil Nelson
Laca

Hopefully we start with this but i'm afraid Unai will go with Mkhi and Xhaka instead of Ceballos and Nelson.

Super excited that football is back! I would LOVE to see this lineup as I am confident we would play some sexy football and that Luiz and Papa will keep Andy silent!

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Think we'll see: Leno; AMN Chambers Sokratis Monreal; Xhaka Willock; Mkhitaryan Özil Nelson; Aubameyang

Not ideal. Hopefully Ceballos, Lacazette, Pepe and Torreira are fit/ match fit for this one
i think all these last 4 players you mention are short in fitness Laca is ready but after his knock at Emirates cup we may start him on bench here

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

Important not to overreact to the performance in this game. I'm not expecting any signings to start and we have injuries to first teamers, possibly including Laca.

Real chance we will be missing

Bellerin
Luiz
Holding
Tierney

Cebellos
Torreira

Pepe
Lacazette

That's most our first 11. But I do expect Laca to start and maybe Luiz. Emery is always slow at integrating new signings.

My guess is

Leno
AMN Luiz Sokratis Kola
Xhaka Willock
Auba Özil Mkhi
Laca
Martinez
Mustafi
Monreal
Douzi / Torreira
Cebellos
Nelson
Pepe

Honestly have a bad feeling Mkhi sneaks in just because of seniority. Hope I'm wrong.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom