• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL | Newcastle vs Arsenal | Sunday, 14:00 BST | Sky Sports

What is you predicted result?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
I'm not trolling nor have an agenda.

I like the lad I just don't think he's ready yet, with that little burst towards the touchline Martinelli made as much of an impact in a few minutes than Nelson did within an hour, speaking from an attacking point of view.

I'd play him over Mhkytarian or Özil out wide any day of the week so it's not like I think he's total ****.
Of course... is so much harder to start against fresh players with full intensity than doing it again tired players losing the game... We cannot judge them for 15 min. Pepe the same... they played so little to say something about them.

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

Player:Saka
imo the problem was that none of our forward players were particularly inventive with the ball, aside from mhki who makes a lot of mistakes. willock, reiss, and auba are great ball carriers and can maintain possession but none of them can be relied on to open up space with an incisive pass. we lacked creativity.

xhaka and guendo actually played really solid today imo.

As frustrating as Mhki can be, he will have one or two moments of quality. That's what Nelson needs to do to cement a place.

He needs to show more quality in the final third cause he already looks better than Mhki when it comes to do the basics.

Pressing well, better first touch and much quicker than Mhki.

Auba is a great finisher, but limited technically and not physical at all.

Joe is much better as a 6/8, Emery really needs to stop playing him further forward.

It limits his potential to impact games. As he is not at that level of creativity.

yorch44

What I don’t like about the team is the way Emery make them play a how he uses the midfield... is like we don’t have any control of the midfield. I hate him playing Xhaka and his son Douzy. Ceballos and Willock don’t look like 10... Özil is the only one capable of that role... but I hate Emery wants a 10 who only chase opponents. Even if we had a player like Cazorla Emery wouldn’t use him as CM... now i can say he negates the CM for doing that... he always wants to create from LB and that’s so easy. Opposition only needs to sit and wait.

yorch44

As frustrating as Mhki can be, he will have one or two moments of quality. That's what Nelson needs to do to cement a place.

He needs to show more quality in the final third cause he already looks better than Mhki when it comes to do the basics.

Pressing well, better first touch and much quicker than Mhki.

Auba is a great finisher, but limited technically and not physical at all.

Joe is much better as a 6/8, Emery really needs to stop playing him further forward.

It limits his potential to impact games. As he is not at that level of creativity.
Problem is he wants 2 players sitting as 6 and 8 and a 10 closing the opposition exit... that’s why he plays 8 as 10... but then we have the most boring plays with none danger. It’s why he used Ramsey as 10... and now he will do the same with Willock and Ceballos. I can see it. And that’s why he uses Xhaka and Torreira or Douzy... he is afraid of using and offensive and creative 8.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Watched Utd and have to confess that I can't wait to see a fully fit Bellerin and Tierney. Watching Willock and Pogba and it's clear that Willock has to play from deep. That run in the 12th minute from deep left was pretty good. Both teams blooding a lot of youngsters too. Utd arent as bad as we hope and I think Enery really has to step up his tactics to get the best out of a better group of players.

Iceman10

Established Member
What I don’t like about the team is the way Emery make them play a how he uses the midfield... is like we don’t have any control of the midfield. I hate him playing Xhaka and his son Douzy. Ceballos and Willock don’t look like 10... Özil is the only one capable of that role... but I hate Emery wants a 10 who only chase opponents. Even if we had a player like Cazorla Emery wouldn’t use him as CM... now i can say he negates the CM for doing that... he always wants to create from LB and that’s so easy. Opposition only needs to sit and wait.

I think Douzy is actually a good player. He just needs to sort out discipline issues with cheap yellow cards. He was actually quite dominating in CM today. In some ways he carried both himself and Xhaka, so I can see why some were going on about Xhaka, but even there there was a little negative bias. Xhaka had an average performance, not terrible.

Jakarta

I'm not trolling nor have an agenda.

I like the lad I just don't think he's ready yet, with that little burst towards the touchline Martinelli made as much of an impact in a few minutes than Nelson did within an hour, speaking from an attacking point of view.

I'd play him over Mhkytarian or Özil out wide any day of the week so it's not like I think he's total ****.

I agree with you.

Nelson has all the right tools but just seems imo that he needs a loan at a lower level. He isn't ready atm to make the impact we all expect.

People who called for Mkhi to be subbed before Nelson are letting their hate for Mkhi go too far. Mkhi's final pass is soo wayward at times but at least he runs at players and tries to create something.

I think selling Iwobi without bringing a lw replacement is a mistake.

yorch44

I think Douzy is actually a good player. He just needs to sort out discipline issues with cheap yellow cards. He was actually quite dominating in CM today. In some ways he carried both himself and Xhaka, so I can see why some were going on about Xhaka, but even there there was a little negative bias. Xhaka had an average performance, not terrible.
I am not saying Douzy is the problem... the problem here is Emery... you cannot playing both Xhaka or Douzy. To me we need to play Ceballos or Willock and Whatever of Xhaka, Douzy or Torreira. We don’t have any ball control and exit (how you say it in English?) coming forms the mid... that’s why when Özil plays, he usually comes too deep for the ball... and I hate that from Emery.

Iceman10

Established Member
I am not saying Douzy is the problem... the problem here is Emery... you cannot playing both Xhaka or Douzy. To me we need to play Ceballos or Willock and Whatever of Xhaka, Douzy or Torreira. We don’t have any ball control and exit (how you say it in English?) coming forms the mid... that’s why when Özil plays, he usually comes too deep for the ball... and I hate that from Emery.

Two similar players, I agree. Let's see as the season progresses. I think for this match Unai Emery deliberately went with a 4-2-3-1, but as we progress hopefully we can get closer to 4-3-3. Going safe with two CM's a bit similar with defensive rather than full b2b abilities was the way to go, imo, for a tricky opening day fixture. Ceballos and Torreira weren't ready.

yorch44

I agree with you.

Nelson has all the right tools but just seems imo that he needs a loan at a lower level. He isn't ready atm to make the impact we all expect.

People who called for Mkhi to be subbed before Nelson are letting their hate for Mkhi go too far. Mkhi's final pass is soo wayward at times but at least he runs at players and tries to create something.

I think selling Iwobi without bringing a lw replacement is a mistake.
Nelson is going to take that places from Iwobi easily... what worries me is the manager. Different players and it’s always the same problem... center of midfield without any creation and CMs playing as 10. Douzy runs a lot but he is sometimes so slow. We need one of Ceballos or Willock taking the ball from deep and linking with Özil. Like the old times when Ramsey did that from 8 spot with arteta or when we played Cazorla and he linked with Mesut.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Problem is he wants 2 players sitting as 6 and 8 and a 10 closing the opposition exit... that’s why he plays 8 as 10... but then we have the most boring plays with none danger. It’s why he used Ramsey as 10... and now he will do the same with Willock and Ceballos. I can see it. And that’s why he uses Xhaka and Torreira or Douzy... he is afraid of using and offensive and creative 8.
Emery can still have a variation on what he wants. His system will work better and be more fluid with players who have decent physique, pace and technique. On paper, Willock, Ceballos and Guendouzi can do this. It still works if you put Xhaka or Torreira in there two,with some tweaking. Emery just needs to be brave and less defensive. When we sort our defence, we might see a better midfield...

yorch44

Two similar players, I agree. Let's see as the season progresses. I think for this match Unai Emery deliberately went with a 4-2-3-1, but as we progress hopefully we can get closer to 4-3-3. Going safe with two CM's a bit similar with defensive rather than full b2b abilities was the way to go, imo, for a tricky opening day fixture. Ceballos and Torreira weren't ready.
But what bothers me is he always close to the idea of not playing that way. Whole last season he played the 2 safe players. He never used Ramsey as CM. Now I think he would sub off Douzy or Xhaka for Ceballos... he used as 10 just like he did with Ramsey. That’s not going to work if you don’t have a player like Arteta. I think that’s why he went for Luiz and we are doomed to Xhaka and Douzy or Lucas for eternity while he is here. His advance CM is going to be Ceballos or Özil... Willock isn’t going to have minutes as B2B... and I see the best of him there... just like Pogba esque.

Jakarta

Nelson is going to take that places from Iwobi easily... what worries me is the manager. Different players and it’s always the same problem... center of midfield without any creation and CMs playing as 10. Douzy runs a lot but he is sometimes so slow. We need one of Ceballos or Willock taking the ball from deep and linking with Özil. Like the old times when Ramsey did that from 8 spot with arteta or when we played Cazorla and he linked with Mesut.

You do have a point, the CM pairing is way too similar.

Makes me understand more why our football is soo boring at times.

yorch44

Emery can still have a variation on what he wants. His system will work better and be more fluid with players who have decent physique, pace and technique. On paper, Willock, Ceballos and Guendouzi can do this. It still works if you put Xhaka or Torreira in there two,with some tweaking. Emery just needs to be brave and less defensive. When we sort our defence, we might see a better midfield...
For me Douzy doesn’t have the brain nor the technical ability for that... yes he runs, put some effort but he doesn’t know what to do with the ball in offensive terms. He never break lines with through balls.

yorch44

You do have a point, the CM pairing is way too similar.

Makes me understand more why our football is soo boring at times.
Exactly... but after a whole year of it... and now with different players he is trying the same... Willock is a great player waiting to be played as b2b... that kind of player like Pogba or Diaby in good times, carrying the ball. Ceballos can but he is better in the distribution.

ArsenalFever

In my country commentator said Mkhi was one of best players on the pitch :)
He was, that's because he has creative intent, he's a very good player, rate him highly but i see him more as a free role player, Mkhi is a player that players around him can thrive, creates space and allows others to.

Eirico

Solid away win with a very encouraging defensive performance.

I actually think Martinelli has a bigger chance to make it here than Nelson mainly based on his superior movement compared to Nelson. I would love it for Nelson to make it here, but he needs to exploit his pace more to make runs in behind the fullback. He very rarely gets in situations where he can take on his fullback 1vs1 as he is to predictable at the moment. Hopefully he will learn. Martinelli seems like an intelligent player, and I expect him to make it.

Arseshavin

I think the problem is we don't have anyone Emery trusts to play as a lone defensive midfielder.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
For me Douzy doesn’t have the brain nor the technical ability for that... yes he runs, put some effort but he doesn’t know what to do with the ball in offensive terms. He never break lines with through balls.
I think he showed some great vision last season and like Miki, his ideas don't always pay off. Get our wingers playing and he has the capacity to give and go offensively. He's not got the best technique but hes not poor and can improve.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom