• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL | Newcastle vs Arsenal | Sunday, 14:00 BST | Sky Sports

What is you predicted result?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jakarta

Exactly... but after a whole year of it... and now with different players he is trying the same... Willock is a great player waiting to be played as b2b... that kind of player like Pogba or Diaby in good times, carrying the ball. Ceballos can but he is better in the distribution.

---------Ceballos/Willock----------Xhaka/Guen-----
-----Pepe---------------------Özil------------Mkhi/Nelson
---------------------------------Auba-----------------------------

Looks a lot more dangerous and attacking.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Auba was out in the wing quite a bit.

Wonder if that's what he's been working on as lacazette will be playing centrally

ArsenalFever

For me Douzy doesn’t have the brain nor the technical ability for that... yes he runs, put some effort but he doesn’t know what to do with the ball in offensive terms. He never break lines with through balls.
I think he's impact play will be what Matteo will try to develop most as a footballer, is very composed on the ball and plays the simple game at the moment with a trustworthy style of play. Maybe with more games he will start to feel more important, this is probably when we start to see more pedigree with he's play.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

What I don’t like about the team is the way Emery make them play a how he uses the midfield... is like we don’t have any control of the midfield. I hate him playing Xhaka and his son Douzy. Ceballos and Willock don’t look like 10... Özil is the only one capable of that role... but I hate Emery wants a 10 who only chase opponents. Even if we had a player like Cazorla Emery wouldn’t use him as CM... now i can say he negates the CM for doing that... he always wants to create from LB and that’s so easy. Opposition only needs to sit and wait.

It’s extremely annoying. We end up with a 4-2-4 shape because the CAM, wide forwards and striker are all squeezed up trying to press high. We are constantly light in midfield.

A team with defenders capable of bringing the ball out and finding forwards/wingers with quality rangey passes can get away with it, but we aren’t that. Well Luiz will help but still, we rely on midfielders and full backs to create from deep.

Xhaka and Guendouzi aren’t sufficiently creative to play quick incisive passes from deep so we end up with loads of pointless U shaped possession in front of the opposition, and often struggle to build any kind of rhythm in our attacking transitions.

The goal today came from a Newcastle mistake. They couldn’t recover their shape after Ainsley’s interception and run and we used our pace on the counter. Simple.

Honestly nobody will care because we won and kept a clean sheet, which is great, but it bothers me that one small, obvious tweak could see this team explode and we aren’t even trying it.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Auba was out in the wing quite a bit.

Wonder if that's what he's been working on as lacazette will be playing centrally

Big difference between starting on the wing and drifting there during a game to drag defenders out. Henry used to do the same, in fact many CFs do.

Starting wide means you have to constantly chase opposition wingers back when they attack and play further away from goal. Using one of the best centre forwards in the league that way is bizarre to me.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Imagine saying Ceballos won't start we bought him to replace ramsey who was key player for us last season of course he'll start!

Not sure if this was a response to my post.

Ramsey being a key player for us last season has nothing to do with it. Ramsey was already settled into the league and culture, whereas Ceballos will need time to do that, meaning he’s likely to face a steady integration period and not be a starter from the go.

All of that means limited time to build momentum. He doesn’t address any niche gaps (Ramsey’s strength was his engine and off the ball running, Ceballos likes to get on the ball more and create).

He will also be going back to Madrid, so there’s no compelling case to insist he starts that I see. That’s why I said it will be tough for him.

avalonhse

But what bothers me is he always close to the idea of not playing that way. Whole last season he played the 2 safe players. He never used Ramsey as CM.
The apple doesnt fall far from the tree, so what else you can expect?

Wenger plays the Barcelona style and Emery plays Seville style. No matter how you criticise, he wont change his safe play.

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
Underrated performance. When AMN is on his game and 100% concentrated, he is really good.

This is another positive comparing to the last season.
That confirms what I was talking about Emery’s system and the lack of distribution through mid. I don’t like the FB being the key in the exit.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
That confirms what I was talking about Emery’s system and the lack of distribution through mid. I don’t like the FB being the key in the exit.
I think because all our midfielders aren't that good in dribbling we don't have one since Santi Cazorla.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom