• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL | Newcastle vs Arsenal | Sunday, 14:00 BST | Sky Sports

What is you predicted result?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
It’s extremely annoying. We end up with a 4-2-4 shape because the CAM, wide forwards and striker are all squeezed up trying to press high. We are constantly light in midfield.

A team with defenders capable of bringing the ball out and finding forwards/wingers with quality rangey passes can get away with it, but we aren’t that. Well Luiz will help but still, we rely on midfielders and full backs to create from deep.

Xhaka and Guendouzi aren’t sufficiently creative to play quick incisive passes from deep so we end up with loads of pointless U shaped possession in front of the opposition, and often struggle to build any kind of rhythm in our attacking transitions.

The goal today came from a Newcastle mistake. They couldn’t recover their shape after Ainsley’s interception and run and we used our pace on the counter. Simple.

Honestly nobody will care because we won and kept a clean sheet, which is great, but it bothers me that one small, obvious tweak could see this team explode and we aren’t even trying it.
Exactly!!! You resume it perfectly and I agree... the problem is that I think this is intentionally going by Emery’s system... he always gives the instruction from the bench of that, to do those annoying U turns as you say. That’s why I don’t see Emery as a good manager for PL and Arsenal. He is wasting this team. He wants to open teams letting them pressure us, but at the end we lose ball... and PL league teams recover so fast. In La Liga maybe this works but not in England.

yorch44

I think because all our midfielders aren't that good in dribbling we don't have one since Santi Cazorla.
This season we have Ceballos and Willock, different players but better that Xhaka or Douzy going forward. But he insists in going 2 defensive players. The time I see him using Willock or Ceballos as 8 then we can see how the team works, then no matter who we have as winger or CF..: we will depend or game entirely in FBs

yorch44

Damn that was 10 years ago!? Where has the time gone!?

What a day. What a start to the season.

10 years ago....what the hell have I done with the last ten years of my life!? :lol:
Young Fábregas is why I wear the number 44. He was outstanding!

Manberg

Predator
Damn that was 10 years ago!? Where has the time gone!?

What a day. What a start to the season.

10 years ago....what the hell have I done with the last ten years of my life!? :lol:

Aah yes, the days of Gallas, Denilson, Bendtner, Almunia, Song Bilong and Arshavin. I so hope to go back to a team of such quality.

TromsoGooner

Obsessed With Looking for Eric
F*ck off Martin Atkinson. Bellend btw.

Incredible how we ended up with three yellow cards from conceding in total seven free kicks and they only one. Maxim planted his studs in Xhakas ankle, their defender pulled Aubas shirt to top a counter attack and Mikhi was hacked down from behind and no card was given. Infuriating and a lot worse than when the ref misses a penalty or a linesman gets an offside call wrong. Just biased refereeing.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Incredible how we ended up with three yellow cards from conceding in total seven free kicks and they only one. Maxim planted his studs in Xhakas ankle, their defender pulled Aubas shirt to top a counter attack and Mikhi was hacked down from behind and no card was given. Infuriating and a lot worse than when the ref misses a penalty or a linesman gets an offside call wrong. Just biased refereeing.

Willock was stopped on the counter attack twice as well. Really poor display.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom