• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Granit Xhaka: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Erlis

Only Came To See Granit Xhaka

Who gives a **** actually what you think you daily troll who spends his entire working week trolling people on the net. **** off attention seeker.

Jae

For those who are interested... Just had a look through all the rags and this is what they rated him.

Football London 6
90min.com 6
Talksport 6
Daily Mirror 5
Express 6
Independent 6
Arseblog 7
Islington Gazette 7
Daily Star 7
Squawka 6
The Sun 6
Whoscored 7

Guendouzi was rated higher by pretty much all of them, if not it was the same. 6 is the bare minimum I'd expect from any Arsenal player to be honest. The worst performer was Mhki by a country mile who scored 3/4 on average.

Ricardinho

La Liga Correspondent
For those who are interested... Just had a look through all the rags and this is what they rated him.

Football London 6
90min.com 6
Talksport 6
Daily Mirror 5
Express 6
Independent 6
Arseblog 7
Islington Gazette 7
Daily Star 7
Squawka 6
The Sun 6
Whoscored 7

Guendouzi was rated higher by pretty much all of them, if not it was the same. 6 is the bare minimum I'd expect from any Arsenal player to be honest. The worst performer was Mhki by a country mile who scored 3/4 on average.

I would say 6 is about right. A 3 or a 4 for the first half balanced out by a generous 7 for the second.

Reactions: Jae

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
He was alright vs Newcastle, he actually broke up play well in the second half.

Last season he improved quite a bit in the first half of the season then the formation change killed him and Torreira (well I’m hoping that’s the reason).

This formation is much more compact and benefits him due to his lack of pace (we’d be even more solid as a 433 and I believe we should try that in tough fixtures, it’s what Liverpool do every game anyway)

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
We're clogging up the Mkhi thread now. Yes I know there is a middle ground - refer to my previous post where I have clearly stated he had a poor first half.

Some great players have poor moments.. halves.. games. Messi included.

There is a culture of complaining amongst Arsenal fans now whereby any mistake is elevated and "negates" any positives that can be taken from a performance. Take AMN for instance - he has performed over and above what could reasonably be expected for a CM/Winger who was transitioned into a FB due to an injury crisis and yet we are still one mistake away from our fans saying "he's not a full back" and ignoring any progress he's actually made.

It's ****ing tedious, to be honest.
True, let's bring this to here where it belongs.

That culture is apparent, yes. But there is also a culture of giving average players godlike status.
You state messi as an example. Brave to say the least. Go look how many games of consistent brilliance Messi gives.
Xhaka is a decent midfielder. He moves the ball well and spots long passes better than most. He is also extremely rash and guarantees a card virtually every second game. He is slow and gets caught in possession far too often. He fails to make 5 yard passes and gifts balls to the opposition. He did this the entire first half against Newcastle yet people are praising him for being brilliant.

You complain about a culture of complaining but you openly admitted a couple posts back that you tend to exaggerate your affection for players. Call a spade a goddam spade man. He was average. Had he had a first half performance like the second I guarantee I would be in here praising him like you have.
I don't have an agenda against ANY player. I have an agenda for ARSENAL. I want Arsenal to do well and any player that gets in the way of that will get lambasted by me.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
The facts are he gave the ball away far too much for it to be considered a good performance from a PL football player.

BWAHAHAHA
You never list facts. You list your emotions and you back it up with insults and more useless opinion.

Now swear at me some more and list absolutely no evidence of any facts so the rest of the forum can see what an absolute joke you are.

I think you really need to take a break from AM and get some help for your mental health. You seem to have some demons and this website obviously isn't good for your mental wellbeing.

ArtetaCognition

Granit Xhaka Enthusiast

That culture is apparent, yes. But there is also a culture of giving average players godlike status.

Xhaka is not given godlike status. The majority of our fans criticise him relentlessly - most of it unfair and some of it justified.

You state messi as an example. Brave to say the least. Go look how many games of consistent brilliance Messi gives.

I stated that even the best players have poor halves and decided that Messi was a good example as he is the best player to ever exist.

Xhaka is a decent midfielder. He moves the ball well and spots long passes better than most.

Correct. He is also very good at applying pressure at the right times and doing the dirty work that perhaps the average football fan doesn't notice. This is what made his second half against Newcastle excellent. As stated previously, his first half was poor. Any mistakes he makes are usually very noticeable as he is integral to our system - such as misplacing a pass in a defensive area.

He is also extremely rash and guarantees a card virtually every second game.

Statistically inaccurate. In his career, he's been carded in 25% of matches.

He is slow and gets caught in possession far too often.

Statistically inaccurate. He was our 6th most dispossessed midfielder in the Premier League last season - dispossessed less than Özil, Guendouzi, Torreira, Ramsey and Mkhitaryan. Impressive given he registered more minutes than any of the above.

He fails to make 5 yard passes and gifts balls to the opposition. He did this the entire first half against Newcastle yet people are praising him for being brilliant.

Statistically inaccurate. He had the most passes completed from any midfield player in the Premier League bar Jorginho last season. He's currently the midfielder with the most passes for this season.

You complain about a culture of complaining but you openly admitted a couple posts back that you tend to exaggerate your affection for players.

I do this to annoy toxic Arsenal fans who spout generic opinions that are clearly wrong.

Call a spade a goddam spade man. He was average. Had he had a first half performance like the second I guarantee I would be in here praising him like you have.

I would like to think so because his second half performance was very good. He was helped no doubt by the fact Newcastle are average. His first half performance was wayward and not of his usual quality. Xhaka has concentration lapses that need to be fixed for him to be truly world class.. but there's a big distance between being very good (which I believe Xhaka is) and **** (like some Arsenal fans say he is).

I don't have an agenda against ANY player. I have an agenda for ARSENAL. I want Arsenal to do well and any player that gets in the way of that will get lambasted by me.

Yes, I am also an Arsenal fan.

See above.

RacingPhoton

Established Member
See above.
Xhaka is not given godlike status.

He has many hardcore haters(including me). But he is also given Godlike status by some. Like Erlis.

I stated that even the best players have poor halves and decided that Messi was a good example as he is the best player to ever exist.

The problem with Xhaka is that he has more poor halves than good halves. Even in the good halves he has, he is too slow to have any of his work create an impact for the team.

Statistically inaccurate. In his career, he's been carded in 25% of matches.

True. The problem we have is the stupidity of some of his decisions. He has the record of most penalties conceded in the entire premier league ever since he joined. Those penalties have cost us so many points.

Statistically inaccurate. He was our 6th most dispossessed midfielder in the Premier League last season - dispossessed less than Özil, Guendouzi, Torreira, Ramsey and Mkhitaryan. Impressive given he registered more minutes than any of the above.

Özil, Ramsey and Mkhitaryan give away the balls in the opposite half when trying to defend. Xhaka gives them away in our own half when we are building up an attack and when he is surrounded by so many options. And also, where did you get that statistic from?

Statistically inaccurate. He had the most passes completed from any midfield player in the Premier League bar Jorginho last season. He's currently the midfielder with the most passes for this season.

Very often, he gets the ball from the goalie and gives it back, not having the guts to turn around and take on a player. Seriously, have you ever seen him take on a player?

He has the record for most penalties conceded and most errors leading to goals ever since he joined. And what exactly do we get back for that? Those occasional long balls which have hardly been of any use to us because he anyway wastes a couple of seconds before making that pass. That is nothing compared to the crucial points he has lost us due to his stupidity.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
I personally think the Arsenal hierarchy are not too keen on Xhaka. Emery seems very reluctant to call him THE captain instead it’s always he’s one of the captains. Doesn’t show complete faith in him. Plus I know it’s just preseason but Özil was given the captaincy against Real Madrid ahead of Xhaka who was on the pitch. Finally, I think there’s been a conscious effort to push Willock into the starting line up. Guendouzi is currently Emery’s favoured CM. Plus Cellabos, I imagine at the very least the club is trying to be less reliant on this club.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Sad that a simple increase in concentration would have him as an elite DLP. Easier said than done though, like we see with Mustafi these moments of madness are just a part of him.

He’s gotten better in terms of cards and I understand what he brings to the team but for me this is his last chance to show that he can go a good ten games or more without one of his trademark lapses.

Last edited:

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Sad that a simple increase in concentration would have him as an elite DLP. Easier said than done though, like we see with Mustafi these moments of madness are just a part of him.

He’s gotten better in terms of cards and I understand what he brings to the team but for me this is his last chance to show that he can go a good ten games or more without one of his trademark lapses.

The man moves like a truck in quicksand and cannot do anything other than pass back to where the ball came from or seek a foul when being pressed. His concentration issues actually do him a favour.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

The man moves like a truck in quicksand and cannot do anything other than pass back to where the ball came from or seek a foul when being pressed. His concentration issues actually do him a favour.

Any player struggles under a press focused on them, for years we’ve seen opposition ignore his midfield partners to press him.

His lack of agility not isn’t great but our midfield options and tactics are the major issue. I remember a game (I think vs Liverpool) where they were ignoring Torreira and pressing Xhaka every time we gave him the ball, and we had to give him the ball because the team relies on his distribution.

If they tried this against any other midfield they would be punished but our unique shambles of a midfield plays right into pressing Xhaka.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Any player struggles under a press focused on them, for years we’ve seen opposition ignore his midfield partners to press him.

His lack of agility not isn’t great but our midfield options and tactics are the major issue. I remember a game (I think vs Liverpool) where they were ignoring Torreira and pressing Xhaka every time we gave him the ball, and we had to give him the ball because the team relies on his distribution.

If they tried this against any other midfield they would be punished but our unique shambles of a midfield plays right into pressing Xhaka.

You’re an intelligent poster. The first receiver/deepest midfielder is always going to be targeted. He has to be able to cope with that, de minimis.

Look, in fairness I agree that Emery’s midfield set up reduces passing lanes out from the back. Xhaka would be much better served in a 3 than a 2. I have no idea why he doesn’t do it.

Having said that you also need a player who can bring the ball out from the back sometimes or drop a shoulder and bypass a press. It’s the premier league and no team will sit by and let you play.

There are many worse players than him but this is Arsenal. DM and CB have consistently been our weakest positions since 2004 and that’s just unacceptable for a club this size.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom