• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Unpopular Opinion Thread

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
Is Rob Holding actually good?

I’m not sure on him but it seems like everyone rates him highly.
He was improving certainly before Rashford assaulted him. We would have benefitted greatly from him staying fit as he would have kept Mustafi from wreaking havoc. . With Saliba and another cb next season, whether he gets another chance to establish himself again is another question.

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
Mustafi is not bad, just misunderstood.

Good /OK player most of the time. But that's not enough when he ****s the bed the way he does.
Although there was one season i would say that Mustafi got **** for when Kos ****ed up and was just abused on the reg.

Beksl

Sell All The Youngsters
It’s becoming more and more obvious we were held back by the old regime especially in recruitment and the way we dealt with players.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
1. I’m going full conspiracy mode here but hear me out. The Ljungberg appointment had nothing to do with the youth. It was basically a power move by Raul to keep Emery on his toes.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
2. Xhaka is worse than Song
3. Pochettino has done what Wenger did with the Emirates move in much harder circumstances. There is a lot more competition for top 4 than when we were transitioning.
4. Emery is a very good coach, he has some inventive ideas on the pitch but what let’s him down is his cowardice and treatment of star players.
5. We will be more frugal in the next couple of windows because we spent so much this summer.

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
Yeah but you to have remember the instalments we owe
Not a huge problem even if we do spend less. We've already got one done for next season so one more top cb, a midfielder if Cellabos doesn't stay on are the two priorities. If we do need more funds, there's enough young, saleable assets who could be potentially sold off for big prices. Next summer we need to add older, hopefully wiser heads to a young squad. We're working ourselves into a good position.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Now that Hazard has gone, Son is the best player in the league.

Case can be made for Sterling at a push although I’d want him to perform at this level for a worse team than City.

Salah as a player can hinder your team when he’s not scoring, he gets really selfish and gets tunnel vision. Son is selfish but not to the extent where it f*cks his team up.

GeorgiaGunner

#FreeClaude
Auba and Laca should both be sold for extra funds.
I guess one could argue that their primes will overlap (especially Auba’s smaller remaining one) too greatly with juggernaut squads in City and Liverpool that won’t be caught, and thus we ought to sell the two and and buy players who will peak as their empires topple.

That said, City reinvests too much (and Klopp too well) for us to bank on anything other than the status quo at Anfield and the Etihad. And United / Chelsea are bound to get their acts together at some point.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Now that Hazard has gone, Son is the best player in the league.

Case can be made for Sterling at a push although I’d want him to perform at this level for a worse team than City.

Salah as a player can hinder your team when he’s not scoring, he gets really selfish and gets tunnel vision. Son is selfish but not to the extent where it f*cks his team up.

Hard to look past van Dyke for me. Son is a baller though. Legit claim for GOAT Asian footballer.

Top Bottom