• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexandre Lacazette: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Lacazette clearly isn’t a bum. Xhaka is underrated: he’s a proper character and if he can cut out the concentration issues I reckon he’ll win a lot of people round this season.

Anyway, I’m NOT taking any chat from the founding member of the Mustafi Defence League. Thanks a lot.

Loving sh*tting on guys + Mustafi sh*tting on Arsenal = Defending Mustafi no matter what.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
I surely wouldn't, not once. They are all 3-4 years older and not that much better players, playing in inferior leagues with a lot better wingers to help their stats.

Stats for those for goal contributions in their leagues is something like 100 minutes per goal contribution vs. 119 for Lacazette. You get "a bit" more points playing with Messi for example than Iwobi / Mkhi in much more unbalanced league.

Lacazette is 28, Lewandowski is 30. Who would you rather have right now as your starting striker?

Not that much better :lol:

Come on my guy, this is delusional stuff. I accept that the three mentioned are all declining, but Laca is hardly 22 is he?

drippin

Lacazette is 28, Lewandowski is 30. Who would you rather have right now as your starting striker?

Come on my guy, this is delusional stuff. I accept that the three mentioned are all declining, but Laca is hardly 22 is he?

Lacazette was born 28.5.1991, Lewa 21.8.1988. That's about 2 years and 9 months. So much closer to 3 years than 2 years. Lewa is 31 in a week, heh. Those two other guys are older.

Did you notice what I said about better wingers? With Pepe I expect Laca to do more points. With him the attacking line-up gets more even, but it's Pepe's 1st season in EPL.

Did you notice that I said EPL is more difficult league than Spanish or German leagues? It's not big difference.

Like the difference in quality between these players in not BIG. They are a bit better than Laca, but you said everyone would trade Laca to those players. I really would not, never at this point. Would be really stupid as we have Auba already who is similar quality to those players and similar age too.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
Lewa is still clearly the better striker today, and Laca isn't a youth project. ok so Lewa is 31 in a week or so, didn't realise when I looked it up, but it doesn't really change much.

By what metric do you quantify that the Spanish or German leagues are 'less difficult' than the English league? I see people say this a lot but I never get a justification for it.

drippin

Lewa is still clearly the better striker today, and Laca isn't a youth project. ok so Lewa is 31 in a week or so, didn't realise when I looked it up, but it doesn't really change much.

By what metric do you quantify that the Spanish or German leagues are 'less difficult' than the English league? I see people say this a lot but I never get a justification for it.

It doesn't matter that Laca is not a youth prospect. I would never change him to a bit better player who is almost 3 years older, especially when we also have Auba.

Simple explanation is money. Premier League money is much bigger than other leagues, which means they get better players. As I said, it's not a big difference, but the difference is there. This helps the smaller teams most I think, which also evens out the league. Smaller teams cannot be "robbed" Bayern style here anymore.

drippin

Come on my guy, this is delusional stuff.

This is purely speculative, but I'd like to compare him to Suarez. Suarez had 6 more points in La Liga than Laca in EPL, with Suarez playing 327 more minutes.

Do you think Lacazette could have those 6 more points with 327 more minutes, along with having Messi & Semedo from the right wing rather than Iwobi/Mkhi & AMN, Jenkinson & Lichtsteiner?

I think he surely would. Also it seems Suarez scored 4 penalty goals, and Aguero & Lewa 2. While Auba took all Arsenal's.

This same kind of thinking can be done to Lewa & Aguero. Aguero had B. Silva & Walker compared to Laca. And Lewa had Gnabry/Robben & Kimmich. Different levels altogether.

It's not always that straighforward to compare players from different teams and leagues.

Please explain to me how this is delusional. :)

Last edited:

JoaoFelix

Who's talking about Aubameyang?
Lacazette is unique, He's like Firmino. What he brings to the team is unique, none of these three players brings that. Did you watch Firmino's performance yesterday? Basically that's what Lacazette brings to Arsenal. His relentless pressing, link up, movements, ability to create space for others, bringing others into play. That's what Lacazette does.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Yeah, we should have more posters who concentrate on hating our players. What kind of a fan defends their own player?!?! Absolutely ridiculous!! I mean, I get it if you jizz all over your pants for players who are under 20 and have never played more than 10 games for the club, because they are obviously all future Messis until proven otherwise, but to actually defend/like or even be ok with some 28 year old geezer who has scored 36 goals for the club in two seasons is just bonkers?

So when Erlis defends Xhaka in that thread everyone gets mad at him. Funny enough I'm the last guy that gets excited over youth players, I prefer experience and think people get too excited over youth players not even knowing how good they are i.e. Reiss Nelson. So calm down and put your tampon in.

"****ting on guys" sounds like a great level of argumentation. Gotta look up to that kind of stuff! :lol:

It's just figure of speech for being critical, dummy. I read your other posts in this thread and realise you're just a weirdo fanboy, you probably just fancy Lacazette. Don't quote me again.

RacingPhoton

Established Member
So when Erlis defends Xhaka in that thread everyone gets mad at him. Funny enough I'm the last guy that gets excited over youth players, I prefer experience and think people get too excited over youth players not even knowing how good they are i.e. Reiss Nelson. So calm down and put your tampon in.

It's just figure of speech for being critical, dummy. I read your other posts in this thread and realise you're just a weirdo fanboy, you probably just fancy Lacazette. Don't quote me again.
Like you fancy Giroud? I always thought that you are the lady involved in Giroud's infidelity scandal.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Say what you want but Giroud lead France to a World Championship while Lacazette is the 15th choice striker.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Lacaette fanboys are definitely worse than the Özil ones, it's clear now.
Come off the Laca hate wagon. He's clearly a quality player who most probably hasn't even been tapped properly yet. You're talking like he's some Mustafi joke figure. I don't get it. Your argument, at best, can only be 'he's not as good as some people make out'... But what would be the point of that? He was player of our season last year ffs. May not have been our best, but he was a close second. Move on to some other player worth murdering. You're wasting your time and you're setting yourself up for a fool :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom