• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL | Arsenal vs Burnley | Saturday, 12:30 BST | BT Sport

What is your predicted result?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aevi

Hale End FC
I'm not particularly impressed by Emery so far this season, I feel like we're capable of more than we've showed even if we have won both games. Hopefully he at least continues with his strong performances against big teams vs Liverpool and Tottenham.

Ricardinho

La Liga Correspondent
That game didn't need to be so nervy. We should have wound it up ages before but a combination of Dean, Pope and lack of ambition in counter-attacks almost did for us.

Playing FROM the back is one thing, playing AT the back is another. There is absolutely nothing to be gained from Leno passing the ball to AMN or Monreal on the edge of the box and under pressure - but there is a hell of a lot to be lost. Pointless. We invited a team who struggle to get the ball up to pressure us by leaving the ball up for them. And we let them off by lot going for quick counter-attacks, particularly when we had Pepe, who makes Auba look like an OAP, on the pitch.

Lots of pluses. Ceballos - have we seen a finer home debut in the premiership years? - passes, shoots, tackles, dribbles...… Pepe, nice cameo full of promise. Speed and dribbles. The young boys did well but Nelson is over-confident and needs to play more cautiously, his loss cost us their goal.

Why was the Nelson goal disallowed? VAR latest weapon in the anti-Arsenal armoury.

Some things never change, Dean is a cnut.

Monreal offside for the Nelson goal

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator
I'd give Emery more time - what we're now seeing is more his team/squad than last season, I guess we'll have a much clearer picture of his abilities around Christmas.

His contract runs out at the end of the season anyway, no CL and he's gone.

Manberg

Predator
If we have the quality, we wouldn’t have much trouble playing it out of danger in defence instead of clearing it. But we’re not quite there yet.

The White Pelè

Human Highlight Reel
Ceballos was just immense. We have missed this kind of player since Santi Cazorla. David Luiz and Pepe were good as well.

We just have to find a good balance balance between defence and attack because we have a big room for improvement with the squad we have this season.

Ashybashy86

If we have the quality, we wouldn’t have much trouble playing it out of danger in defence instead of clearing it. But we’re not quite there yet.
I don’t think Sokratis is good with the ball under pressure. Chambers is much more comfortable.

Gunner-Union

I like cabellos and willock both played very well attacking and defending and they’d look even better with a monster dm between them.

Gunner-Union

I was saying on another thread that my dream longer term is Cabellos and Willock in front of a physically imposing 'baller' someone in the Rodri mould.

I agree. They both help out defensively which is great and needed but a bit of muscle would improve them even more. Partey would be perfect

Finesse

I'm not particularly impressed by Emery so far this season, I feel like we're capable of more than we've showed even if we have won both games. Hopefully he at least continues with his strong performances against big teams vs Liverpool and Tottenham.

That is just one angle of looking at it. Remember he came in last summer with just a few additions and inheriting Wenger's team and way of playing. He had to work with that. It has taken him a year and the same disease he inherited from Wenger cost us top 4. Our dismal away form was the disease. He started with this serious handicap. Pep . Klopp and Poch went through similar periods as they tried to recycle the team and build theirs. Pep had a massive set back when he was in the process of building too. No one imagined he would get to this City team today. Some were writing him off. Klopp took a while. So did Poch. Jose was given no time. Emery was not bad. He was a game away from being 3rd and a better big game mentality would have won us the UEFA cup.

This season the personnel is recycling slowly and looking like what he wants. The deadwood from the Wenger era is phasing our and leaving some key players especially the young boys. I can see what he is trying to do. It is not clearer. There are a few questions. What’s his system and the teams identity? Are the players able to play and it is the right bunch?

It’s been a year for example and we are still struggling to play from the back. That’s where we should really work on. Serious opposition will shop on us like we are on sale.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member

Oh really, I'm the complete opposite. I think we are starting too see what Emery wants out the team, both games Newcastle and Burnley we showed fight, I'm convinced we lose both of those with last season's mentality.

I don't know what it is but the team actually seem less likely to bottle it when the going gets tough, time will tell though its still early days.

Jae

Where was this fluidity you’re talking about? It’s the opposite I think, we’re usually more dominant when Xhaka plays.

We had more possession today and much less susceptible at the back? Our interplay between our midfielders was much slicker and they were swapping and interchanging positions.

Xhaka is immobile and slows our play down too much.

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
We had more possession today and much less susceptible at the back? Our interplay between our midfielders was much slicker and they were swapping and interchanging positions.

Xhaka is immobile and slows our play down too much.
We played Burnley at home.

Last time we played Burnley at home, with Xhaka playing, we scored more goals, had 60%+ possession, conceded fewer shots/chances, while also having Elneny on the pitch and Monreal playing CB :lol:

It was a pretty bad performance but because we won it can be put aside as one of them games. Let's hope we improve in the next weeks because we don't want to see this kind of football against better teams.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
To be fair, I can't remember them losing the ball cheaply in midfield today, but yeah there is room for improvement. I think that will come though as long as we play the right players, the guys that played today are all capable of playing with both feet in tight spaces.
We'll also be better with our first choice FB's.

Finesse

No matter how anyone tries to wiggle this...we missed Xhaka of course. Yes he is prone to the lapses etc. However we missed that today. The link from defence into the other half. Today Guendouzi or Willock could not play that role. Hence Ceballos had to drop deep to try and play to link the defence. With Ceballos next to Xhaka I am sure we can see less errors. Ceballos is always available and creating space etc. Several times today Luis had to tell or show Guendouzi where to move and get the ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom