• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL | Arsenal vs Burnley | Saturday, 12:30 BST | BT Sport

What is your predicted result?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Santi's Left Foot

No Longer Sleeping in Theo's bed
No matter how anyone tries to wiggle this...we missed Xhaka of course. Yes he is prone to the lapses etc. However we missed that today. The link from defence into the other half. Today Guendouzi or Willock could not play that role. Hence Ceballos had to drop deep to try and play to link the defence. With Ceballos next to Xhaka I am sure we can see less errors. Ceballos is always available and creating space etc. Several times today Luis had to tell or show Guendouzi where to move and get the ball.

We missed what?? Most overrated player I can remember.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
I'm not particularly impressed by Emery so far this season, I feel like we're capable of more than we've showed even if we have won both games. Hopefully he at least continues with his strong performances against big teams vs Liverpool and Tottenham.

I'm surprised this post has so many likes, we're 2 games in and 6pts on the board. I agree today looked like Burnley could equalise and ruin our start but they didn't, perhaps last season they would have. Our defence is still vulnerable but that will improve with Luiz. I also want to see Torreira start, he may be small but he does a good job. I agree we are capable of much more but to expect it within the 1st 2 games is a bit much, especially when we're winning.

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
I'm surprised this post has so many likes, we're 2 games in and 6pts on the board. I agree today looked like Burnley could equalise and ruin our start but they didn't, perhaps last season they would have. Our defence is still vulnerable but that will improve with Luiz. I also want to see Torreira start, he may be small but he does a good job. I agree we are capable of much more but to expect it within the 1st 2 games is a bit much, especially when we're winning.

I agree - Emery has not been shy to include our youngsters and newbies, and it's bound to take a few games for this new-look side to bed in together

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
I agree - Emery has not been shy to include our youngsters and newbies, and it's bound to take a few games for this new-look side to bed in together

Exactly! Nelson & Willock starting both games, people have been wanting the youngsters to be included and that's what Emery is doing. I know Pepe will start ahead of Nelson but Willock could cement his place, he's doing well. And so too is Emery :)

ASIF

Good game.Important that we got 3 points with city and Sp**s drawing.Dani is some player.He was running the mid field and can dribble out of almost anything.Lacazatte was ok scored a brilliant goal.Emery needs to find a way to fit laca and Auba in a front two because Pierre emrik should be in an around the goal and not chasing back from wings.Pepe absolutely murdered a Burnley player with a nugget.Burnley are the worst then stroke city.They hoofed the ball from the 1st min to the last hope they get relegated..And I almost forgot we need to stop playing from the back because sooner rather then later it's going to cost us.If we can Draw at liverpool and beat spuds title challenge is well an truly on with bellerin and tierney coming back.

Jae

We played Burnley at home.

Last time we played Burnley at home, with Xhaka playing, we scored more goals, had 60%+ possession, conceded fewer shots/chances, while also having Elneny on the pitch and Monreal playing CB :lol:

And that was 9 months ago mate. I'm comparing us to last week. Think we'll have to agree to disagree.

Luc

Unfortunately, I couldn't see the game, so I have to see back tomorrow. But I've heard it was a great performance.

Unfortunately, I couldn't see the game, so I have to see back tomorrow. But I've heard it was a great performance.

Very average performance.

Midfield did well. The defense was very much Arsenal like from Wenger final years. The attack was disjointed and it just looked ugly overall.

Emery get 2/10 performance. Trying to defend at home 1-0 goal lead against Burnley. Yuck.

Ricardinho

La Liga Correspondent

Wouldn't go that far bro but happy with the 3 points. We've all seen these first home games end much worse when we've not been at full strength.

Lakersgooner24

Established Member
Not the best performance, but apparently the first time in 10 years we've won the first two games of the season so can't be too critical. Good to see both our strikers scoring. Auba on the wing is a waste, Unai needs to find a way to play both him and Laca in areas where they can terrorize the opposition goal.

Defense obviously leaves a lot to be desired, but I expect it to improve when Holding, Bellerin, and Tierney return. Today reminded me of those Wenger days when you're life would flash before your eyes whenever the opposition lumped the ball into the box. Leno needs to be stronger when collecting crosses, he was very shaky coming off his line to claim.

Dani is one confident s.o.b. Love that he always wants and demands the ball and is looking to get himself open for the pass. Sometimes I felt he overdid it with the touches, but for the most part, they all served a purpose.

Pepe showed some flashes of brilliance as well, including some silky touches. It also looks like he's confident with either foot which is good. Made a mess of the counter at the end where Auba should have been played in for a goal though.

Beany

ITK
Trusted ⭐

That game didn't need to be so nervy. We should have wound it up ages before but a combination of Dean, Pope and lack of ambition in counter-attacks almost did for us.

Playing FROM the back is one thing, playing AT the back is another. There is absolutely nothing to be gained from Leno passing the ball to AMN or Monreal on the edge of the box and under pressure - but there is a hell of a lot to be lost. Pointless. We invited a team who struggle to get the ball up to pressure us by leaving the ball up for them. And we let them off by lot going for quick counter-attacks, particularly when we had Pepe, who makes Auba look like an OAP, on the pitch.

Lots of pluses. Ceballos - have we seen a finer home debut in the premiership years? - passes, shoots, tackles, dribbles...… Pepe, nice cameo full of promise. Speed and dribbles. The young boys did well but Nelson is over-confident and needs to play more cautiously, his loss cost us their goal.

Why was the Nelson goal disallowed? VAR latest weapon in the anti-Arsenal armoury.

Some things never change, Dean is a cnut.

It was offside - the Lino called it straight away. I didn’t celebrate the goal and was surprised they bothered with VAR to confirm it tbh.

But yeah, Dean’s a Cnut.

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
Very average performance.

Midfield did well. The defense was very much Arsenal like from Wenger final years. The attack was disjointed and it just looked ugly overall.

Emery get 2/10 performance. Trying to defend at home 1-0 goal lead against Burnley. Yuck.
Come on Hydro, smile.

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
I'm smiling? Very happy with the win! 13 days sober and clean!

But that was average performance no matter how you want to spin it!
Not perfect but if you're expecting perfection with 2 teenagers and 2 new signings starting then you're bound to be disappointed. There's enough to be excited about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom