• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL | Liverpool vs Arsenal | Saturday, 17:30 BST | Sky Sports

What is your predicted result?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

blaze_of_glory

----------------Leno-----------------
AMN-----Sok---D. Luiz------Monreal
------------Willock--Xhaka----------
Pepe---------Ceballos----------Auba
---------------Lacazette---------------

Özil on for Willock (Ceballos to CM) after we're up in the second half to help punish on the counter. Torreira for Ceballos and Kola for any of the front three and move to back three/five to see out the game. Simple, we'll win by 3 or 4 so long as we outscore them by that many.

Gunner D

Coronavirus Truther; ex. Gunner boy dd
Xhaka is important player to our midfield but Liverpool will get past him with ease we have to try something else
Spot on yousif. Got the line up exactly right as well. Keep the midfield nice and compact, and hit the scousers on the counter with our front 3. I fancy our chances here. Just need the players to turn up and Emery to get the starting line up correct.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
Everyone expects us to lose so play with concentration but no fear. We had quite a few years of good results before they turned bad.

If we play we ball from the back throughout like we did today we will only hurt ourselves and probably concede within the first 15 minutes.

We have the fastest team in years, use the bloody speed.

Lakersgooner24

Established Member
We haven't won there since 2012 so not expecting it to change this time considering our respective expectations for the league. As sorry as it sounds, even a competitive one or two goal loss will be an improvement as opposed to our customary 3-4 goal thrashings. A draw will be a good sign of moving in the right direction, and will earn Emery some trust.

Need an all action midfield to match Pool's intensity, so I'd also prefer a Torreira, Willock, Ceballos trio. Xhaka doesn't inspire confidence in these frenetic, high-tempo matches, particularly away from home, but I'll be surprised if he doesn't play if available.

Would it be better to stick to our current formation or would 5-3-2 potentially be the better option for this match with a back five of AMN/Sok/Chambo/Luiz/Nacho or Kola and Auba/Laca up top? Would have to leave Pepe on the bench though.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
May be out on a limb here but I'd rather get beaten 4-1 in a game where we actually try to win and cause some problems than 1-0 of dogged defending where we don't have a shot on target.

GeorgiaGunner

#FreeClaude
Finishing within a goal and / or conceding 2 or fewer would be a decent day at the office. Would be a sign of a much needed mentality shift. We’ve been taken behind the woodshed far too many times at Anfield (and in similar scenarios elsewhere) of late.

Last edited:

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
I know this is gonna sound proper pretentious and hipster but why not start Martinelli at the left wing. I think his work rate and movement could hurt Liverpool. Nelson is out of form and I really don’t think a tough away game suits Lacazette with his poor athleticism. An Martinelli-Auba-Pepe line up looks like a counter attacking wet dream.

Kingofthebongo

Xhaka can be useful for the counter, but awful when pressed and not great defensively.
I say screw it, we are expected to lose. Take the risk and play him in a midfield with Willock and Ceballos. I don't think Torreira should start his first game of the season here.
We would have Luiz and Xhaka who could go direct and over the top to our pacey three.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom