• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL | Liverpool vs Arsenal | Saturday, 17:30 BST | Sky Sports

What is your predicted result?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Manberg

Predator
Van Dijk is too good with no known weaknesses, so avoid him and go at their other defenders.

Problem is our defence is much worse than theirs and can’t shut out their attack. I wouldn’t be confident even if we went 2 goals up.

KingHenry14

Xhaka Torreira
Pepe Ceballos Özil
Auba

Worth a try?

Shame we don’t have our starting fullbacks to make this formation effective.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Van Dijk is too good with no known weaknesses, so avoid him and go at their other defenders.

Problem is our defence is much worse than theirs and can’t shut out their attack. I wouldn’t be confident even if we went 2 goals up.
Did you see how Danny Ings ran up behind him yesterday with that late missed sitter? That happens to him a lot you know, often he gets away with it. I reckon Auba can punish him.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
ECL-KMMXUAERFj0.jpg

I reckon this front three will do the job against Liverpool. Auba/Pepe/Laca on the bench as super subs:drool:

This picture is making me laugh for some reason. Can't believe Walcott still has a career.

lamby22

It's Not Lupus

Haven't seen Liverpool play this season but I'm assuming they'll come at us straight out of the blocks. If we survive the early onslaught then we can maybe nick something.

I hope we stick with the 4 at the back, I don't want Emery being all cautious and going with a back 5.

Oh and Willock must play.

Notorious Big

Drunka In Friend Zone
Haven't seen Liverpool play this season but I'm assuming they'll come at us straight out of the blocks. If we survive the early onslaught then we can maybe nick something.

I hope we stick with the 4 at the back, I don't want Emery being all cautious and going with a back 5.

Oh and Willock must play.

They didn't play so well in the first half against Southampton yesterday.They were kinda lucky to have lead.

Against Norwich they did fine,but also opponent was too open and offensive.

I still think that they didn't find their top form,so that can be our chance.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
Their wingers and full backs will cause us problems.

I'd expect our midfield to totally dominate theirs with Ceballos, Willock and Gunedouzi pressing. Ceballos will shine against their midfield due to him being on a different planet from theirs technically.

First time I've been confident to play Pool in years.

I've got best man duties on the day, so me, the other joint best man and the groom (all Arsenal supporters) will have to find a way to watch it without Bridezilla finding out.

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
If we get a point from this we'll be happy. It's a big IF. If we try and play the ball out from the back in the way we've done in the past 2 games, Liverpool will love it. Liverpool at Anfield is probably one of the hardest tests in football at the moment.

Our front 3 can cause some damage but I just can't see us not shooting ourselves in the foot at some point in time defensively.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Im not confident about this one at all.

The key is for us to remain as compact as possible and put the onus on them to play through us. Our weaknesses were on display again yesterday, with Burnley pressing us from the onset and us struggling with that. Leno also looks shaky when crowded and this will become another tactic against us. Finally, the long ball from the opposition keeper toward our high line, with a flick on from the opposition midfielder is still something we cannot deal with.

I'd like to see Emery play with three ball playing midfielders. Guendouzi isnt ideal but he is better than both Xhaka and Torreira on the day. I'd go with Willock and Ceballos as the other two.

First, do not play out the back, because we will get ****ed. I liked what I saw yesterday in the Sp**s Man City game. Tottenham, playing out the back, used the ball down the line as their way to progress the ball upfield. If we insist on playing out, then we should go down the line.

Next, ensure we remain compact and we should start pressing when they enter our half. We cannot allow their forwards with space to create and run at Luiz and Sokratis because they wont be able to handle it.

Monreal and AMN need to ensure they cover the spaces outside our box at all times. I wouldnt want to see them venturing past the halfway line at all.

Lastly, we need our pace men in central areas, to chase after turnover balls. I'd play Auba and Pepe as the top 2 ahead a diamond midfield, with Lacazette/Mkhitaryan being at the top of the diamond, playing more of a hard working midfielder.

This game will be the game we really miss Ramsey's industry.

--------------Aubameyang-----Pepe
--------------------------Lacazette
----------------Guendouzi-------Ceballos
---------------------------Willock
Monreal-----------Luiz------------Sokratis--------AMN
----------------------------Leno

We dont need to win this game, a draw away would be sufficient here.

Finesse

It’s so worrying reading the pessimism on here. Yet we wonder why it translate into the players. Any players lurking through this forum and looking at his thread would drop their heads.

This is a 90 minute game we can approach with the right concentration and win. We can go there and get the result. We have the players who can do that and we need the right mentality for this game. Not what I am reading on here. No disrespect to Liverpool. Respect your opponent but find the resolve to go there and hurt them.

After watching Liverpool vs Norwich , Chelsea and Southampton there are many reasons for us to go there and get a good result. It’s 90 minutes and only 90 ! Apply yourself pound for pound and you will get something out of it. This is how the lesser teams approach us when we face them. Burnley gave us no respect yesterday and we earned every bit of that win. It was not a stroll.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Question is whether or not Pepe gets the start, if it were up to me I’d go PEA flanked by him and Nelson. Whoever we play on the left is going to need to help Monreal out massively or we’re in trouble.

Ceballos has got to play as well, really useful in games like this.

I’d go:

Leno
AMN - Sokratis - David Luiz - Monreal
Torreira
Xhaka - Ceballos
Pepe - PEA - Nelson

It’s a team where you can clog the middle of the park and set the front three away with AMN providing support down the flank.

Probably looking at a loss, but if we can score first and play on the counter I think we could hurt them.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
---------------------------Aubameyang
-----------Laca Virgin-----Ceballos---Rarest Pepe
------------------------Xhaka-------Torreira
Monreal-----------Luiz------------Sokratis--------AMN
----------------------------Leno

We need to transition back to front quickly as Pool will have plenty of the ball, and Torreira's tenacity + Xhaka's ability to create from deep will be vital in getting the ball to the front 4 and maximise our chances on the break. Pool's midfield work hard but they aren't particularly quick so Xhaka's lack of mobility won't be an issue with Torreira alongside.

Willock should be nowhere near this game until late on to add some energy to the inevitably tired midfield, and I prefer Laca's experience over Nelson as I think Nelson has been ineffective so far this season and needs more minutes for us before playing in these crucial big games. Laca also scored an absolute peach against them last season so hoping for a repeat. The rest of the team more or less picks itself.

boxerumble

Baked Canadian

It’s so worrying reading the pessimism on here. Yet we wonder why it translate into the players. Any players lurking through this forum and looking at his thread would drop their heads.

This is a 90 minute game we can approach with the right concentration and win. We can go there and get the result. We have the players who can do that and we need the right mentality for this game. Not what I am reading on here. No disrespect to Liverpool. Respect your opponent but find the resolve to go there and hurt them.

After watching Liverpool vs Norwich , Chelsea and Southampton there are many reasons for us to go there and get a good result. It’s 90 minutes and only 90 ! Apply yourself pound for pound and you will get something out of it. This is how the lesser teams approach us when we face them. Burnley gave us no respect yesterday and we earned every bit of that win. It was not a stroll.

It’s an away match at Anfield against one of the best pool sides ever who just won UCL. Our team doesn’t have good chemistry just yet. There are signs of optimism but this is not really the time/game to be overly confident. It’s being realistic.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Question is whether or not Pepe gets the start, if it were up to me I’d go PEA flanked by him and Nelson. Whoever we play on the left is going to need to help Monreal out massively or we’re in trouble.

Ceballos has got to play as well, really useful in games like this.

I’d go:

Leno
AMN - Sokratis - David Luiz - Monreal
Torreira
Xhaka - Ceballos
Pepe - PEA - Nelson

It’s a team where you can clog the middle of the park and set the front three away with AMN providing support down the flank.

Probably looking at a loss, but if we can score first and play on the counter I think we could hurt them.
I think Nelson on the left will help Nacho much more than Auba on the left.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
Their wingers and full backs will cause us problems.

I'd expect our midfield to totally dominate theirs with Ceballos, Willock and Gunedouzi pressing. Ceballos will shine against their midfield due to him being on a different planet from theirs technically.

First time I've been confident to play Pool in years.

I've got best man duties on the day, so me, the other joint best man and the groom (all Arsenal supporters) will have to find a way to watch it without Bridezilla finding out.

I agree,

Pool's midfield are as average as all day tomorrow, they literally just work hard and don't do a lot else.

One thing they do well, however, is they know how to use the threat of their fullbacks and forwards in a supporting role, but dominating that midfield isn't a hard task imo, its keeping the ball away from Salah/Mane where they can hurt you.

We didn't do that well last year and got thumped 5-1 but I think it'll be different this time. I still predict a narrow loss for us but can't see us getting rodded again.

Preacher

Always Crying
I disagree, we are a professional football club and not a nursery. Willock needs to develop a lot more before playing in a key position against the European Champions.
He played well in both games and was one of the best players. Got praise from Emery. He is in form player, who gives our midfield better balance. He has a good chance again to play from the start.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom