• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Our next 5 games...

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

So thought I'd make a thread like this again since it went down pretty well last year.

So far we've beaten both Newcastle and Burnley, not convincingly but there are some good signs from both games both in attack and defence but now we have some real tough fixtures coming up.

Liverpool (A) - L
Tottenham (H) - W
Watford (A) - W
Aston Villa (H) - W
Manchester United (A) - D

Points total = 10

In my opinion this is the minimum amount of points we need to get in these next 5 fixtures, anything less is worrying and anything more would be brilliant.
We really should be beating United though so 13 is very realistic as well but with our results at Old Trafford I am not so sure.

Anyway, what makes these next 5 games so important is the following fixtures we have after this, we have a 9 games run, similar to last years in which we really should be winning all 9 games. so if we can get 10 or so points from the next 5 games we can be in a very strong position to take in to Christmas.

After the United match we really should be seeing the likes of Holding, Tierney and Bellerin coming back so we have a great chance to get them match fit over that period and integrated into the team without them facing any really difficult opponents.

Barring any injuries and set-backs we have a really decent chance of having a fully fit squad to take into the Man City game late December and then into the new year lets just start with getting 10 or more points here and look to start a convincing winning run.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

I honestly don't get threads like these looking at games in periods of 5 games saying what we need to get or whatever. Every team has to play 38 games, every single game is worth 3 points. Just focus on the next game and see what we get from it. We could lose all of the next 5 and then win all of the remaining 31 games after it.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Watford away is a potential banana skin coming off an international break.

Tierney and Holding might be back for that though. Liverpool game to set the tone massively.

Big performance regardless of result and I can see us honestly winning all four of the other games. If we get tw*tted think we could struggle to get 6 points.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

**** actually didn't realise the 5 games were as tough. 10 points would be pretty good as I've just looked at the fixtures and we've got a decent run after the United game up until mid-December when we play City on the 14th.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

I think eight points from the next five gets you top four. 10 points actually makes you an outside title challenger imo.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Expecting wins against Sp**s Watford and aston villa anything from Manutd and Liverpool away would be nice.

Watford didn't start the season well and look awful.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom