• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Big Arsenal Interview - BBC Sport

Ceballinhos

Cheating on Santi
Not sure about the Kroenke family putting money in, I posted in Arsenal Finances a couple of weeks ago, Swiss Ramble thinks our Gross spend was £46m + 1st years wages takes it to about £70m, then we have sales (we don't get all upfront) brings it back down to below our suggested budget of £45m.

I think the "instruments" that Josh talks about are Rauls ability to get players on instalments, its not new we've been doing it for a while and as I said Everton bought Iwobi in the same way.

I do think however that Josh is good for the club, I posted about him when the window first opened and I now feel justified in my backing of him. Anyone with an ounce of enthusiasm has to be better than Stan. I hope to see Josh attending more games, I think he's getting the Arsenal bug!

paying in installments is not a Raul thing. We've been doing this for years and in fact, almost every transfers are paid in instalments.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

'As for January, I don't want to get ahead of ourselves. We’ve got to evaluate some things in the short term and figure out where we might need to address areas going forward, so when January does roll around we’re going to be proactive again.'
EB84sIMW4AAHK0A

Inject. It.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

I'm quoting Swiss Rambles figures and he knows more than both of us! Also if you'd bothered to read my posts on this thread you would see I said instalments aren't new. Yes Everton came in late in the window but that doesn't mean we hadn't been sounding out clubs of his availability.

Notice I managed to reply without swearing at you! :)
Sorry I am hungry, got a bit snappy, going to lunch now

Beksl

Sell All The Youngsters
You don't know the real answer to either of those statements. The fact our Gross spend was £46m could just be a coincidence but the fact it wasn't a lot more suggests there was some truth to the £45m rumour.

The fact is media oulets were pushing this narrative of 45m to spend insisting on how we won't be able to strenghten properly. Basically the usual doom and gloom of Arsenal transfer season. Now they're trying to fit this narrative again in the context of installments (as if Arsenal invented it) trying to save their faces by downplaying our business with Gross spend equal to the ''reported'' budget while they should be pointing out we bought quality players in value of 100m+.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

The fact is media oulets were pushing this narrative of 45m to spend insisting on how we won't be able to strenghten properly. Basically the usual doom and gloom of Arsenal transfer season. Now they're trying to fit this narrative again in the context of installments (as if Arsenal invented it) trying to save their faces by downplaying our business with Gross spend equal to the ''reported'' budget while they should be pointing out we bought quality players in value of 100m+.
Precisely. When we signed Alexis and co nobody was saying Arsenal spent 35m it was Arsenal spent 100m plus.

We had a great window. The board, the owners, whoever delivered on the fans expectations but also the expectations that theyve said for a long time. We want to challenge. Now its onto the management and players to deliver. And its upto the board to keep delivering. We cant do an Özil, then Alexis window (which in itself had massive short comings*) and follow that up the next year with nothing. It has to be a continual build

*we signed Chambers who wasnt ready and no senior back up. We panicked and got Gabriel in January. This windoe weve got the young player but have loaned him back to develop out of sight and brought in an experienced pro to hit the ground running.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Josh gonna use Arsenal to prove Daddy Stan wrong and show that he isn't just another rich kid.

Use Arsenal to address your daddy issues Josh, I'm here for it.
How awesome is that btw. "My dad owns Arsenal FC and I can do whatever the **** I want with it."

His mom is one of the heirs to Walmart too right? He has two billionaire parents ffs.

ClubLevel

The £45m was a figure worked out after our cashflow incomings and outgoings (prize money, sponsorship, TV rights, wages paid etc), but doesn't factor in things like instalments, outgoings (transfers/wages saved), cash injection (from owners, if at all) or even us tapping into our cash reserves.

So £45m was about right in some respects but lots of variables in there.

What is our netspend this window if we take installments and top add ons for both in and out goings?

I said it woukd be somewhere around 60 M but guessing it is somewhere neae 80-90 M? And we are propabky hoping for 25 M for Mustafi and Elneny.

It is good if we are spending more. Positive sign. But this is still all money that the club generated by it self and has been sitting on for way too long. So long that we fell very far behind...

Latest posts+

Top Bottom