• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Big Arsenal Interview - BBC Sport

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Of course this isn't some totally altruistic act by Josh to make the fans feel good.

There's such a thing as healthy cynicism but just because he's a billionaire doesn't mean everything he's saying is lies and spin.

arsenefc

Obsessed With Guendouzi
its not angry fans that scare them....its apathetic ones. Last season was the first time that I was falling asleep while watching our matches. It was all rather crappy and boring. They gambled it all on Emery repeating his party trick of winning Europa, and that backfired spectacularly.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Josh has said a lot of good things. We've had a pretty good transfer window and I hope the players fulfill their promise. Josh being younger maybe finds it easier to be more involved and that's no bad thing either. I think fan apathy and loud complaints were enough to get the owners attention. I tried (and failed) to cancel my membership and atm I'm glad internet banking saved me from myself! I also received an invitation to complete a survey- which I did. I think finally theres a real intent to pull the club away from the abyss and engage with the fans and as fans we have to keep our board accountable. The debacle in Baku and Giroud's aftermath celebration was a kick in the stomach. There was no covering up the cracks after that and it might prove to be a long term positive. It feels great to be a Gooner atm.

Uncle Good-Advice

I suspect there's a big difference in mentality between the Kroenkes, two different generations of Americans. I've been to US several times, those people are fixated on American sports like baseball or football and doesn't care about much of the rest. It's also a different style of supporting your team, final result is not the most important thing (maybe except the play-off games at the end of the season), the game itself is rather something extra, you go there to see your friends and to be a part of the show.

You have to experience the European style of supporting to become a fan, especially here in England where it's more important than life or death for many people. The only way to do it for people from America is attending matches, soaking the atmosphere at the stadium, meeting with fans and simply follow the team.

I was never expecting from 70yo Stan to change his conservative view which is natural but it's possible that younger Josh seems to enjoy the difference and hopefully his bond with the team will get stronger with every success and every defeat as well. Passion is the most important thing here not the business which dictates American sports. Something similar probably happened to Abramovich and as much as I'm not the fan of his, he did alright as a Chelsea owner.

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli
I get the feeling Josh got something to prove. "Hi dad, My team is actually good." I hope he really tries to one up his dads other teams.

James Bond

Moderation Consultant
Josh talking his **** and patting himself on the back for a big club acting like a big club. He had to hurry up though and get it all out there before the good will wares off after getting smacked by Liverpool this weekend (then potentially Sp**s afterwards). :lol:

Sorry I just can’t trust these Kroenkes.

North5

Here since 2009. Unlike Cornavirus.

Josh gonna use Arsenal to prove Daddy Stan wrong and show that he isn't just another rich kid.

Use Arsenal to address your daddy issues Josh, I'm here for it.

Exaclty. And all his rich mates too.

Lakersgooner24

Established Member
Does Josh have the authority to run Arsenal as he pleases, or is he just a puppet for his dad? You've got to think everything gets reported to Silent Stan, and he has the final say. At the end of the day, actions speak louder than words. We've had snake oil salesman at the helm, who've utilized similar sales pitches (saying the right things), for the past decade.

To their credit, we've now had consecutive transfer windows where we've addressed key areas. If we continue to be proactive in the market, and are able to acquire the final missing pieces next summer, then we should get behind this ownership group. However, we've been in this position before, where we're on the brink of assembling a title challenging squad, but fail to go all in and obtain the final missing piece(s).

Smail

Josh: If I knock on your door, its a different knock. I will be aggressive so be excited... euh who is he talking to?

Gervais

Established Member
I like Josh. My impression is that he understands sports a lot more than his father and genuinely wants to build winning teams.

It’s a shame he can’t give us 100% attention to be honest.

Dj_sds -

its not angry fans that scare them....its apathetic ones. Last season was the first time that I was falling asleep while watching our matches. It was all rather crappy and boring. They gambled it all on Emery repeating his party trick of winning Europa, and that backfired spectacularly.

Yea you obviously missed the breathtaking football we played in the two years prior to Emery joining. And the apathy started long before Emery joined. But hey, why use facts when you have an agenda.

Dj_sds -

I like Josh. My impression is that he understands sports a lot more than his father and genuinely wants to build winning teams.

It’s a shame he can’t give us 100% attention to be honest.

I suspect there's a big difference in mentality between the Kroenkes, two different generations of Americans. I've been to US several times, those people are fixated on American sports like baseball or football and doesn't care about much of the rest. It's also a different style of supporting your team, final result is not the most important thing (maybe except the play-off games at the end of the season), the game itself is rather something extra, you go there to see your friends and to be a part of the show.

You have to experience the European style of supporting to become a fan, especially here in England where it's more important than life or death for many people. The only way to do it for people from America is attending matches, soaking the atmosphere at the stadium, meeting with fans and simply follow the team.

I was never expecting from 70yo Stan to change his conservative view which is natural but it's possible that younger Josh seems to enjoy the difference and hopefully his bond with the team will get stronger with every success and every defeat as well. Passion is the most important thing here not the business which dictates American sports. Something similar probably happened to Abramovich and as much as I'm not the fan of his, he did alright as a Chelsea owner.

I highly doubt our ownership model has changed. We are still self sufficient. The difference is we have people in charge now who actually understand modern day football.

Token Yank

Ugh, not this Josh guy again spewing utter nonsense. The Kroenke’s are evil American billionaires hell bent on self sabotaging their $2bn investment. Their only motive is to piss off a massive global fan base. The ultimate troll job. Anyone who can’t see through this is a fool. Also, they are incredibly dull people. Especially Stan. Becoming a billionaire is mostly luck anyway.

amigo

Josh is now saying nice things and it was a good transfer window. But this is just the beginning. Why on earth did they wait for things to get so bad before they took action? This is the barest minimum for a team that wants to be competitive in the premier league. And must be repeated window after window. Let's hope there is a real change in attitude from the passive approach that led to the steady decline of our beloved club for which we can only hold them responsible.

Top Bottom