• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Big Arsenal Interview - BBC Sport

Beksl

Sell All The Youngsters
Not sure what this narrative is all about, I can guarantee you each player had instructions from Wenger about what he wanted from him that went far and beyond "just express yourself".

Well than we can agree he did a terrible job in the last couple of seasons considering the state of the team and should have been sacked much earlier. Just like Emery if he doesn't achieve set goals...

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
For real, I don't think there was ever an instance where Wenger was like "look son, I'm not going to give you a position to play or tell you where to move just go out there and express yourself. Forget about defending, attacking or anything like that just express yourself" :lol:

Not sure what this narrative is all about, I can guarantee you each player had instructions from Wenger about what he wanted from him that went far and beyond "just express yourself".
Absolutely right. But it makes for a good story though. ‘Ageing manager forgets to change with the times and thinks he can win by just sending out players to express themselves in the most competitive league in the world.’

The thing is you’d have be absolutely fruitcake stupid to do that. It’s quite an insult.

Ceballinhos

Cheating on Santi
Absolutely right. But it makes for a good story though. ‘Ageing manager forgets to change with the times and thinks he can win by just sending out players to express themselves in the most competitive league in the world.’

The thing is you’d have be absolutely fruitcake stupid to do that. It’s quite an insult.

Agree.

I think the main issue with Wenger was that he was too nice, a true gentleman, and football has changed so much.
Players / agents aren't the same they were before because money in football isn't the same.
He was too loyal towards his players and they let him down every single time. He got burnt so many times I felt for him.

He really lacked ruthlessness that has cost him his job, in my opinion.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Agree.

I think the main issue with Wenger was that he was too nice, a true gentleman, and football has changed so much.
Players / agents aren't the same they were before because money in football isn't the same.
He was too loyal towards his players and they let him down every single time. He got burnt so many times I felt for him.

He really lacked ruthlessness that has cost him his job, in my opinion.
Spot on. That was Wenger though, a thoroughly decent bloke who treated people with dignity as a matter of principle. He tried to do it his way with ethics and style.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Spot on. That was Wenger though, a thoroughly decent bloke who treated people with dignity as a matter of principle. He tried to do it his way with ethics and style.
Too bad all those wonderful things have gone out the window with Humanity. Many of the reasons I support this club are because of that man and the class he instilled into the club just by being him. Merci Arsène, I miss you.

Beast Incarnate

Wenger was truly a gentleman and a nice human being. Is that really an asset in football though? If a player didn't pull their weight at Utd, they were out the door, despite their quality or reputation. SAF was ruthless.

I think Wenger's main issue was trying to micromanage everything. I hear weird stories about how nobody on the bench was allowed to speak during the games, not even to give players instructions. Sounded a bit like a dictatorship towards the end.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Wenger was truly a gentleman and a nice human being. Is that really an asset in football though? If a player didn't pull their weight at Utd, they were out the door, despite their quality or reputation. SAF was ruthless.

I think Wenger's main issue was trying to micromanage everything. I hear weird stories about how nobody on the bench was allowed to speak during the games, not even to give players instructions. Sounded a bit like a dictatorship towards the end.
Yes because Ferguson would have allowed players to over rule his instructions from the bench...

I get what you are saying and in ways I think you are correct. But dictatorship? Come on. You're comparing our greatest manager to that of a war criminal which very few dictators are not.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom