• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL | Liverpool vs Arsenal | Saturday, 17:30 BST | Sky Sports

What is your predicted result?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

squallman

Still Pining for Wenger
From all the "Liverpool are so much better than us" posts I'd swear I was on AstonVilla-mania.

What's happened to us where a 3-1 loss is just shrugged off? At the very least we should be drawing an away big game.

Standards and expectations have taken a complete nosedive at the club if this kind of result is acceptable.

JoaoFelix

The lineup was not defensive.
Saw Ferguson do the same to us. And it working. And get lauded for it. I saw us do the same against City and win..

This was a game decided by fine margins. If Luiz doesnt concede the penalty then its game on. If he concedes the penalty but isnt booked he takes Salah out for the third. Tierney in makes a quicker recovery tackle for the third.

We have a lot to add to this team. Özil, Tierney, Bellerin, Holding all to come back. Im not worried that we lost and am proud of the work rate and desire to keep going until the end.

Absolutely no shame losing to this Liverpool the way we did.

Of course there is no shame losing to Liverpool. I'm just saying he tried to
Saw Ferguson do the same to us. And it working. And get lauded for it. I saw us do the same against City and win..

This was a game decided by fine margins. If Luiz doesnt concede the penalty then its game on. If he concedes the penalty but isnt booked he takes Salah out for the third. Tierney in makes a quicker recovery tackle for the third.

We have a lot to add to this team. Özil, Tierney, Bellerin, Holding all to come back. Im not worried that we lost and am proud of the work rate and desire to keep going until the end.

Absolutely no shame losing to this Liverpool the way we did.
Yes, there is no shame losing to Liverpool. But we still played like Stoke and lost.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
The team we just lost to got 97 points last year and are Champions of Europe. Calm down.
I don't care if they beat an XI led out by Christ himself. That doesn't mean that our tactics should be to bend over and invite them in.

Lakersgooner24

Established Member
We'd all prefer going toe-to-toe with the best and winning playing free-flowing attacking football (like Barca in 2011, or even City several years back), but those results are few and far between compared to the embarrassing amount of drubbings we've suffered.

How many thrashings have we been on the wrong end of trying to play "our style"? I reckon the most among all "big clubs" by a huge margin considering the laughing stock we've become in high-profile fixtures. Wenger tarnished a good part of his reputation trying to be "brave".

Don't be deluded, we don't have the quality to play this Liverpool side off the park, or even go blow for blow. We were always going into this match with a foot in the loss column, where a draw would have been a great result.

I still have a lot of question marks on Emery, and think achieving top 4 will be the limit for him. I don't think he's the man to lead us to titles, and perhaps he could have went about it in a different way, but criticizing him for some pragmatism is a bit harsh when we've been humiliated countless times playing a more idealistic approach.

JoaoFelix

From all the "Liverpool are so much better than us" posts I'd swear I was on AstonVilla-mania.

What's happened to us where a 3-1 loss is just shrugged off? At the very least we should be drawing an away big game.

Standards and expectations have taken a complete nosedive at the club if this kind of result is acceptable.
I swear.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Im a frekkin prophet to ya'll

Did you not see how past it he was? No speed, doesnt provide width, doesnt get involverade, cant read the game.

Amn had some shocking moments to, His nonchalance really needs to be adressed.

And might I add who was out best midfielder if not mon capitaine Xhaka?
Always positioned correctly, served Up some of his patened long range and even dribbled some

Dani was goodish, like his harrying mentallity, but had Xhaka done that pass to Lpool in the box there would be riots...

Guendozi gives and takes, what makes him good also makes him infuriating, me thinks he thinks too highly of himself...

Willock did a disappearing act after what 20min?

Pepe showed glimmers to why Raul fvcked that grandma to get him. Where was Auba?

Both CBs had minor brainfarts, but Still they are not Mustafi.

Main culprit today was Emery!

Completely wrong tactically and in selection

We sank too low, we had to hustle around to cover their fullbacks and we tried to play it out from the back too much to the point of easy to read.

Subs came way too late, Laca should have started and was given 10min?

Why not take on Kola att halftime? For all his flaws atleast he pushes forward AND has more Speed to have s chance vs Salah ffs
Maybe you live in a parallel universe and watch a completely different match. :lol:

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

But do you remember how they've battered us? The midfield and sides all open for counters when bad pass happens? Even if with more possession than them? Again, it's a ****, especially away.

Also, are you sure Emery didn't want to do what you suggested? What if our team with youngsters just could not perform yet? New teammates? I cannot for sure.
The 2 worst players on the pitch for us today were Sokratis and David Luiz, the 2 oldest players in the side. If you're going to be this cowardly tactically then you have to actually keep the ball out of the net. We still got battered whilst giving ourselves very little chance to take something from the match.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

You know, Invincibles was over a decade ago. No one is happy about the result. It's just perspective in current situation.

Ashybashy86

Which is precisely why it was absolute lunacy for Emery's strategy to be to allow them absolute freedom up and down the pitch. To clog the middle of the pitch against a team that wants to play down the wing, allow those excellent fullbacks not only complete freedom going forward but essentially give them nothing to do in defense was unbelievably daft. You let Lacazette sit between VVD and Matip and put Auba and Pepe right on top of TAA and Robertson and then they don't feel they have the license to just camp out in the final third and aim into the box.
Auba was always going to be isolated up top. I know most don’t like Auba out wide, but he managed just fine last season and scored from there last weekend. He also set up Pepe’s first chance that he shot straight at Adrian.

I think a front 3 of ALP would’ve given their defenders a harder time at the very least. Willock, Ceb and Torreira midfield.

Artisan

Not Emery's Old Pal
Soton were unlucky not to get a point against Liverpool, even Norwich arguably played better than us. Yet according to the usual suspects we should be proud about our great performance only getting beaten 3-1 because they are the champions of Europe.

JoaoFelix

We'd all prefer going toe-to-toe with the best and winning playing free-flowing attacking football (like Barca in 2011, or even City several years back), but those results are few and far between compared to the embarrassing amount of drubbings we've suffered.

How many thrashings have we been on the wrong end of trying to play "our style"? I reckon the most among all "big clubs" by a huge margin considering the laughing stock we've become in high-profile fixtures. Wenger tarnished a good part of his reputation trying to be "brave".

Don't be deluded, we don't have the quality to play this Liverpool side off the park, or even go blow for blow. We were always going into this match with a foot in the loss column, where a draw would have been a great result.

I still have a lot of question marks on Emery, and think achieving top 4 will be the limit for him. I don't think he's the man to lead us to titles, and perhaps he could have went about it in a different way, but criticizing him for some pragmatism is a bit harsh when we've been humiliated countless times playing a more idealistic approach.

So because you don't have the quality that means you have to play like Stoke? He tried to be pragmatic and it was a L. So yes he deserves to get criticized. We are Arsenal Football club. What I saw there was a typical Stoke performance.

drippin

Soton were unlucky not to get a point against Liverpool, even Norwich arguably played better. Yet according to the usual suspects we should be proud about our great performance only getting beaten 3-1 because they are the champions of Europe.

Who said we should be proud of losing? Are you seeing things?

squallman

Still Pining for Wenger
The team we just lost to got 97 points last year and are Champions of Europe. Calm down.

So?

This is Arsenal FC, there should be a minimum standard of performance in every game. Whether we're playing MK Dons or Brazil 1970.

Do you know what Liverpool's biggest margins of victory were last season in the league? 5-0, 5-1, 4-0 and 4-0.

Those teams? Watford, Newcastle, Bournemouth, and Arsenal. Does that look like respectable company to you?

I'm not demanding that we go out there and spank Liverpool 4-0 but I'm also not going to just shrug off a 3-1 loss like I support a Championship side and not the biggest club in London with world class facilities and coaches. A club that spent millions over the summer and has players who are supposed to be good enough to make the top 4. Because if they aren't, then why are they at the club and starting games week in week out?

A draw is the minimum we should expect from any away game. Anything less (depending on the circumstances because I'm well aware that refs **** us over and an individual mistake can lead to an underserved 1-0 loss) isn't acceptable.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐

Wenger and ivan happened do you want me to be more clear? Liverpool Sp**s have improved and we regressed because of decisions we made with them we are rebuilding

drippin

So because you don't have the quality that means you have to play like Stoke? He tried to be pragmatic and it was a L. So yes he deserves to get criticized. We are Arsenal Football club. What I saw there was a typical Stoke performance.

Stoke plays/played long balls. Auba cannot handle them. We didnt play long balls very much. How did we play like Stoke? Did we try to break people's legs? No. Tell me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom