• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL | Liverpool vs Arsenal | Saturday, 17:30 BST | Sky Sports

What is your predicted result?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
Reading through RAWK and the scousers are more deluded than ever. We were never in the game, never had a sniff of goal and apparently Van Dijk was only toying with Pepe so he could put him in his place later on in the game and " show him for the young player he is "... ****ing hell, Van Dijk and Robertson were getting turned upside down by Pepe in the first half.
With Bellerin and Tierney back I seriously hope they're given a reality check when they come to the Emirates, even better if we're the ones who could cost them the league.
Well to be fair to them that's what you're getting from half the posters here. It seems as if the only reason Liverpool didn't score in the first 40 minutes was because they were toying for us. And they also cleverly engineered two good chances for us just so we could miss them and then they could win the game afterwards. Amazing.

Malky

Established Member
Well to be fair to them that's what you're getting from half the posters here. It seems as if the only reason Liverpool didn't score in the first 40 minutes was because they were toying for us. And they also cleverly engineered two good chances for us just so we could miss them and then they could win the game afterwards. Amazing.
It's absurd. Think we looked fairly solid in the first half, Liverpool had their moments but ours were the more threatening, if Auba and Pepe had been more clinical we would of went in at half time in front. A lapse in concentration from a corner was what it took for Pool to break us down, before that all they were doing was TAA and Robertson bombing down the wings, pinging crosses in and hoping for the best, and until the 40th min we were dealing with that threat.

blaze_of_glory

Whether it was a plan to soak it up, or whether we had no choice but to play on the counter, doesn't really matter--the score was 3-1 this time and we've gone there with far more experienced and cohesive sides in the past, played a far more expansive game and got absolutely decimated. IMO, we simply weren't good enough where it mattered, to play the way we wanted to play.

Hindsight is great, but I don't see the point in dissecting the scoreline or the route we took this time, to another loss to an unquestionably superior and cohesive Liverpool side.
We were decimated just the same as ever. Score line flattered us quite a bit, that was a beat down from all angles for 90 min.

Good news is we continued to out-perform our Xg, so at least we’re consistent at that.

Gursha

Obviously I'm concentrating on the positives because this thread is filled with negativity and over the top reactions.

We had a couple of bright passages of play and we did break their press on numerous occasions albeit with very risky moves. The Guendouzi pass between Salah and Firmino, for example, broke their first line of press but it could have easily resulted in a goalscoring chance as it was a very risky play.

I was surprisingly positive from that loss, even tho we got dominated...

I think it was cause you could see the potential.

In bold - Thing is that with teams that press so well, you must have the vision and quality to take those risks! thats the only way you can play from the back.

If you play with full backs like monreal and slow midfielders like xhaka, you can never break a press of liverpools execution...

When we will have Bellerin and Tierney at full flow with the tactics we might actually see liverpool stop pressing, cause when you break such an intense press you are rewarded with yards of space in midfield once broken, you need to do it few times to start to get into the opponents heads, they will press with less intensity cause we showed we can break out of it, and with such great press the reward is paralyzing the opponent, the risk? if he manages to break the press he has numbers advantage on the transition.
so suddenly the risk reward balance changes... yesterday the risk liverpool took was worth it the entire game cause we managed to break it one/two times in the 90 min, when youll break it more often ( with quality of execution playing from the back that we dont have currently) they will stop pressing.

Will Bellerin and Tierney have the quality needed for that to happen? only time will tell... but right now with monreal xhaka and niles, its not working well.

Preacher

Always Crying
I see many people are against playing from the back here. What is alternative ?

Who should win duels in the air in our team ?

All our attackers are very poor in the air when they're up against EPL defenders.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

All our attackers are very poor in the air when they're up against EPL defenders.

This is a fair point. The few times we did go long it almost always found its way to a Liverpool shirt anyways.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
Reading through RAWK and the scousers are more deluded than ever. We were never in the game, never had a sniff of goal and apparently Van Dijk was only toying with Pepe so he could put him in his place later on in the game and " show him for the young player he is "... ****ing hell, Van Dijk and Robertson were getting turned upside down by Pepe in the first half.
With Bellerin and Tierney back I seriously hope they're given a reality check when they come to the Emirates, even better if we're the ones who could cost them the league.
Well you shouldn't be going to that place in the 1st place. You know there's gonna be a circle-jerk after a 3-1 win. We'd probably do the same thing

Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Established Member
Don't know what the fuss is about. Liverpool are practically unbeatable at Anfield, even Messi and co couldn't hold on to a 3-0 advantage there.

We gave the goals away cheaply and due to a set piece. Pepe should have scored and it would be a different game completely.

Anyway, 0 points at Anfield doesn't define our season. Win against Sp**s and we go to the international break with confidence.

OSBK

Established Member
The worst thing about that game is the pundits handing out sympathy vouchers for the arsenal fans. Yeah liverpool are a good side but my god they have elevated pool to a level higher than us or utd have ever been. Listening to them talk about how arsenal are better after getting thrashed 3-1 and they were playing a "special" team made me sick.

As for the game, what was the point in turning up. The tactics we did is what southampton would try when coming to anfield. We have a electric attack and yet we cannot play all 3 in case we get walloped, well we did and we were lucky it wasnt 7 or 8. We cannot play relying on auba getting 1 chance and scoring and us holding the lead, i would rather lose a 5-3 thriller rather than a 3-1 we were never really in it

Last edited:

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli

That and hardly any of our midfielders can put up a physical fight for the second ball. Unless we start recruiting some powerhouse midfielders that is just not gonna happen.

When Bellerin and Tierney return we have fullbacks who can receive a ball under pressure and find a solution. Add Holding to that and we will click much better.

I also don't believe Xhaka is made for this. He slows down our play which is detrimental for building from the back and is extremely predictable in his movement and passing. He is not strong enough to shield the ball to compensate. I'd rather see Ceballos or Willock drop deeper in that position to collect and distribute the ball.

teamsoutheast

It's absurd. Think we looked fairly solid in the first half, Liverpool had their moments but ours were the more threatening, if Auba and Pepe had been more clinical we would of went in at half time in front. A lapse in concentration from a corner was what it took for Pool to break us down, before that all they were doing was TAA and Robertson bombing down the wings, pinging crosses in and hoping for the best, and until the 40th min we were dealing with that threat.
They had too much time on the ball though. It was only a matter of time before they scored. We are not good enough off the ball or organised enough defensively to play a counter attacking game. You MUST be organised if you want to have success as a counter attacking team. Just look at how organised Atletico Madrid are if you need an example.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

The worst thing about that game is the pundits handing out sympathy vouchers for the arsenal fans. Yeah liverpool are a good side but my god they have elevated pool to a level higher than us or utd have ever been. Listening to them talk about how arsenal are better after getting thrashed 3-1 and they were playing a "special" team made me sick.

As for the game, what was the point in turning up. The tactics we did is what southampton would try when coming to anfield. We have a electric attack and yet we cannot play all 3 in case we get walloped, well we did and we were lucky it wasnt 7 or 8. We cannot play relying on auba getting 1 chance and scoring and us holding the lead, i would rather lose a 5-3 thriller rather than a 3-1 we were never really in it

Nah disagree tbh, I don't like the 'sympathy' either but Liverpool are miles a head of us, in nearly every department. Look at what they've done over the last year, CL, 97pts, the Barca game.

We're not near them atm and theres no shame in saying it.

Hindsight is funny, had we gone head to head it could of been over within 30 minutes, there is no guarantee we'd of scored doing that either.

Ewarwoowar

Not impressed with the game plan at all, how many clean sheets have we kept in the last few seasons, how many away from home last season under Emery even when he set up conservatively even against relegation fodder, how many games can we say we were comfortable for 40 minutes, concede just before half time, one of ours slip up and gift a goal then anxiety creeps in and before you know it's 3 0.
Who in their right mind thinks with all that to consider and the masters of brainfarts, Xhaka and Luiz(re- the latters performance in 7-1 defeat to Germany) who in their right mind thinks that packing our box for 90 is going to be a good thing.

Given that also in games when we have had 20 shots in single matches and not found the back of the net and yet we are hanging on to 2 missed chances, where yeah we take our chances they are moot if Pool take their other zillion chances and it's still a drubbing.

How can you instill belief in players when you affectively neuter what comes naturally to them.

Rinse and repeat

Auba very good at scoring, but adds little else in games like these. Hindsight says leave Ceballos out put Laca up front, who for such a small guy wins a lot of high ball up the field, can hold up play, and lay off to the faster guy drifting in from either wing, he is a much better technician than Auba, shame about the pace but still consistently makes an impact on the pitch.

Even if Laca was unfit, I would have still like to have seen us have some what of a go. because at the moment our team is still predominantly populated by players with an attacking niche, we don't have the players to do a Mourinho(far from it). Not saying go toe to toe, but somewhere in the middle.

We didn't just park the bus, it was driverless, it was an open top where the balls were raining in and also the wheels were missing, we weren't going anywhere, stuck at the terminus.

Yeah Pool are a great side, I watched them last season for the first half of it struggle, Salah diving all over the place dug them out of some potential slip ups with refs obliging(this made me stop watching them).

Credit to them for the UCL, but the timing for them was perfect what with the usual suspects not up to par with their aging sides and in transition and what not.

Don't believe the hype, they are not at the heady heights of prime Barcelona, Real Madrid or Bayern by any means. I have seen lower table sides get up in their faces, pin them back and force them to play long ball to Salah or Mane whom have been effectively nullified by fast powerful backs.

I say give Emery more time, but he gets no kudos from me for that limp shower of ****e.

RacingPhoton

Established Member
Not impressed with the game plan at all, how many clean sheets have we kept in the last few seasons, how many away from home last season under Emery even when he set up conservatively even against relegation fodder, how many games can we say we were comfortable for 40 minutes, concede just before half time, one of ours slip up and gift a goal then anxiety creeps in and before you know it's 3 0.
Who in their right mind thinks with all that to consider and the masters of brainfarts, Xhaka and Luiz(re- the latters performance in 7-1 defeat to Germany) who in their right mind thinks that packing our box for 90 is going to be a good thing.

Given that also in games when we have had 20 shots in single matches and not found the back of the net and yet we are hanging on to 2 missed chances, where yeah we take our chances they are moot if Pool take their other zillion chances and it's still a drubbing.

How can you instill belief in players when you affectively neuter what comes naturally to them.

Rinse and repeat

Auba very good at scoring, but adds little else in games like these. Hindsight says leave Ceballos out put Laca up front, who for such a small guy wins a lot of high ball up the field, can hold up play, and lay off to the faster guy drifting in from either wing, he is a much better technician than Auba, shame about the pace but still consistently makes an impact on the pitch.

Even if Laca was unfit, I would have still like to have seen us have some what of a go. because at the moment our team is still predominantly populated by players with an attacking niche, we don't have the players to do a Mourinho(far from it). Not saying go toe to toe, but somewhere in the middle.

We didn't just park the bus, it was driverless, it was an open top where the balls were raining in and also the wheels were missing, we weren't going anywhere, stuck at the terminus.

Yeah Pool are a great side, I watched them last season for the first half of it struggle, Salah diving all over the place dug them out of some potential slip ups with refs obliging(this made me stop watching them).

Credit to them for the UCL, but the timing for them was perfect what with the usual suspects not up to par with their aging sides and in transition and what not.

Don't believe the hype, they are not at the heady heights of prime Barcelona, Real Madrid or Bayern by any means. I have seen lower table sides get up in their faces, pin them back and force them to play long ball to Salah or Mane whom have been effectively nullified by fast powerful backs.

I say give Emery more time, but he gets no kudos from me for that limp shower of ****e.
Exactly. We went there planning to defend in numbers in the box and attack on counter while fielding a team completely incapable of doing it. I am not overly fed up as it was a difficult fixture anyway. But not going to give credits to Emery for that.

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
I won’t be happy until I see Emery leaving Arsenal. He has super attack and wants to play defensively. I don’t want cowards in this team... he doesn’t even have the success Mouriño had. Poor mans Mou

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle

Rinse and repeat

I want my thumb print back ffs. Welcome back lad :eek:

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
  • The win over Arsenal meant Liverpool are now on the longest winning streak in Europe, thanks to Benfica’s defeat to Porto.
  • Liverpool has scored 26 times against Arsenal since Klopp has taken the helm—more than any other team has managed against a fellow Premier Leauge opponent in that period.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle

I’m all for it as long as we can move it through mf quickly and get their press chasing us back. We don’t look very good at it right now though. Some proper fullbacks will go a long way to seeing it becoming an effective way of playing. It made me nervous tbh. Would rather stick 3 up and hoof it against a lively press.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom