• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Bernd Leno: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
When a 1st team player only has a 1 page thread on AM after match day 2, you know he's reliable. Brilliant this guy, that point blank save was pure reflex, and to think some had reservations about this guy's rumored bad reflex when we first signed him. :p
His weakness has always been from crosses.

In terms of 1on1 scenarios and reflexes he's as good as anyone in the league. But he needs to command his box better to actually be worth mentioning with other top keepers.

Arsenal1508

Mods are unethical! Özil, come assist me please!
Does Emery not trust Leno's kicking.

I swear, every goalkeek seemed to be taken by a short pass to one of our defenders.

He is a liability if he cant kick to an outfield player.

thierrytheking14

Does Emery not trust Leno's kicking.

I swear, every goalkeek seemed to be taken by a short pass to one of our defenders.

He is a liability if he cant kick to an outfield player.
Just think because were not overly physical up top or in midfield means Emery would rather play it out short from the back and retain possession, rather than play the percentages with aerial battles and winning the 2nd ball.

Dunno if I agree with that tactic against a well drilled pressing side like Liverpool though.

Steadman

Arsenal have recorded 13 errors leading to goals in the Premier League since the start of last season - the most of any club in the competition. Goalkeeper Bernd Leno is responsible for six of those errors.

Sokratis shares the blame for the first goal but Leno certainly needs to improve in some areas of his game.

Our whole system and balance at the moment allows too many chances for the opposition and this also needs to be addressed.

Arsenal have recorded 13 errors leading to goals in the Premier League since the start of last season - the most of any club in the competition. Goalkeeper Bernd Leno is responsible for six of those errors.

Do you have link for this stat? Would like to throw it into the Emery thread where people think he is a god and going to win the league with all the amazing performances!

Anyway we all knew from Bundesliga that Leno is average gk. He doesn'T have confidence and seems to get nervous way to often in the game. A few decent saves here and there but otherwise just not good enough.

Steadman

Do you have link for this stat? Would like to throw it into the Emery thread where people think he is a god and going to win the league with all the amazing performances!

Anyway we all knew from Bundesliga that Leno is average gk. He doesn'T have confidence and seems to get nervous way to often in the game. A few decent saves here and there but otherwise just not good enough.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49463331

At the bottom of the page.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Appalling era, he did the same thing shortly afterwards so we were quite fortunate in that regard. He's a top keeper so he'll bounce back but it has to be said he cost us a goal today and put us on the back foot.

PoleInGoal

Player:Tomiyasu
I think holding the ball in that situation is harder than it seems when he was at full stretch, but he would've hoped to do better.

Still I think he made up for it with the save from Son which was top draw and he was really solid with aerial balls today as well.

Lakersgooner24

Established Member
Spilled a rebound badly, but he’s the least of our worries. He’s playing in front of one of the worst defenses where the next calamity could occur without a moments notice, definitely less than ideal conditions for a gk.

If Sokratis wasn’t lollygagging around, the ball would have been cleared as well (still a gk mistake mind you). Will reserve full judgement until we have a stable defense.

Manberg

Predator
He ought to practice catching the ball or to parry it better. It's not a new problem, we've seen the same from him a few times last season and I remember saying it back then too. Teams will try to exploit this weakness.

With regards to penalties, it's tough to say because players in the league have got better at taking penalties. Very difficult for any keeper to save them.

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
Something looked off with him today. Not his usual self. Was actually good with dealing with crosses, his biggest weakness but struggled with a couple of shots. The most disappointing for me wasn't actually the way he parried the shot that led to the first goal, but how slow he seemed to get up for the rebound. Usually he is very quick at that.

Still a good keeper who will save us far more points than he will cost us.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Really should be doing better for that first goal. Having said that, he was left to do it alone after being abandoned by his defence in that moment.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Anyway we all knew from Bundesliga that Leno is average gk.
Instead of looking at Leno’s past let’s look at him since he joined? After a shaky start he really sorted himself out and its fair to say that the only keepers better than him in the league are Ederson and Allison?

He’s not Xhaka or Mustafi, think he gets a pass here.

(I missed the first goal and am about to watch the highlights, I might come back in here in a very different mood:lol:)

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
He’s a very good keeper, but he needs a long run of error-free matches now. He’s proved that he’s capable of winning you points with incredible saves. Just needs to do the basics right for very long stretches between blips to be considered elite imo.

TakeChillPill

Established Member
He's been very good so far, our best keeper since Lehmann. His shot stopping is world class.

Every keeper has a mistake in them. People forget Cech against West Ham a few seasons back and he's suppose to be brilliant in the air.

For the goal yesterday, his parry wasn't the best, but sokartis needed to be more alert. He started off their attack by leaving his position then was lazy in getting back and anticipating the parry.

Leno is the least of our problems. in fact £20m for him was a bargin, when you compare him to Kepa.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom