• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL | Arsenal vs Tottenham | Sunday, 16:30 BST | Sky Sports

What result do you predict?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Wish we could go back in time to the 2016 summer and none of it happened. The transfer window that promised so much ended up just delivering europa
Bought only Cech the summer before, spent 100M on Xhaka, Mustafi and Lucas Perez which somehow turned out to be even worse than the summer before. One is playing for Deportivo Alaves, one is basically out of the squad but nobody wants to buy him and one just cost us the win in a NLD. Can’t write this stuff.

arsenefc

Obsessed With Guendouzi
Only Laca can hold his head up after this performance. Everyone else was flaky and played in patches. Laca gave it his all.

nicky47

Established Member
Frustrating seeing how brilliant both our goals were, compared to the two we gifted them. Blew it, and not surprised... Just going to be grateful we didn't lose to that lot.

Special mention to Matteo, brilliant performance. A nice reminder of the potential this guy has.

Toast

Established Member
I think Holding needs to start when he gets back. Sokratis - Luiz has the exact same problems that Koscielny - Mustafi did. Both CBs have the same aggressive style of play; the first instinct of both is to gravitate towards the ball and lunge in aggressively. Having two CB's like that is taking far too much of a risk, as we saw today. Sokratis got drawn in at the halfway line and then Luiz did the exact same thing. When both don't win the ball it almost always leads to a very good chance for the opposition, since they'll both be out of position.

Holding is more reserved and should provide balance and some stability to our central pairing.

Lady_Gooner

Posting While Meditating
Trusted ⭐

Bought only Cech the summer before, spent 100M on Xhaka, Mustafi and Lucas Perez which somehow turned out to be even worse than the summer before. One is playing for Deportivo Alaves, one is basically out of the squad but nobody wants to buy him and one just cost us the win in a NLD. Can’t write this stuff.
I was just saying to my sister that if we had just signed Holding for 2m and stopped we’d be far better off. It really was a disaster I can’t believe it happened

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
Goodness how negative.

Laca had a good game, Auba had a good game WHEN HE WAS PLAYED IN POSITION, Guendouzi had a great second-half etc....

We were the better team. We were undone by a couple of individual mistakes. Sokratis but mainly Leno for the first goal, yes Leno remember when you all wanted him and not Cech??? Then Xhaka with a senseless penalty.

Thought Marriner had a good game, though I would have sent off Winks for a second yellow and carded Kane for simulation.

RELAX!!! This team is on the up. We will end up third.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

I was just saying to my sister that if we had just signed Holding for 2m and stopped we’d be far better off. It really was a disaster I can’t believe it happened
The only good thing of that summer, what a steal he was. Hope he returns well, long injury can take some time getting over.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Yeah I'm sure we'll miss Iwobi's 3 assists and 2 goals per season...get a grip :lol:

Get a grip? When the alternatives are a striker out wide, Mkhitaryan and some teenagers then excuse me for thinking that Iwobi might've been a decent option to have at least coming off the bench.

GeorgiaGunner

#FreeClaude
A few holdover players cost us in a major way (how was Xhaka not booked until the 92nd minute?!?!), but new(ish) regime can take credit for a stirring fightback, even if bringing on Mkhi (another holdover) in search of a goal provides about as much offensive thrust as subbing in a traffic pylon.

Slightly frustrating result, given the possession / attempts split, but they set up to play on the break (they're kind of all over the place defensively, if anyone hasn't noticed) and we can't count on clean sheets until we stop giving regular minutes to the brain-dead goal gifters a la Xhaka, Mustafi, and (if past stops beget future) Luiz.

All in all, think both teams will play in the CL next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom