• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL | Arsenal vs Tottenham | Sunday, 16:30 BST | Sky Sports

What result do you predict?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jackie_Treehorn

Player:Martinelli
778zyj9l.png

12yq2u2.png

This could have been a late winner for Sp**s from Lo Celso if Kane wasn’t more interested in diving, awful how David Luiz let him go.
Reminds me of when he let Rambo (PBUH) go in the FA Cup Final.

Jackie_Treehorn

Player:Martinelli
Not sure why the Sky pundits think Aubameyang can't play wide. He is Intelligent enough to play right across the front line. He will score goals left right or centre because he moves and plays intelligently. Also allows him more space if he gets too isolated.
Agree. What do they need him to do in that fluid front 3? Score a brace every game? His goal with Douzi was top notch. That’s his job.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Emery infuriates me. He is indecisive and half the time there is literally no method to his madness. It is so inconsistent. The meritocracy that he starts the season with has already gone out the window. He creates problems for himself with stupid selections and when the **** hits the fan he reverts to type.

We went away to Liverpool and he didn't play Lacazette because he wasn't fully fit. He still doesn't look fully fit. So he buckles to the demand of playing the front three together and starts Lacazette because he threw a hissy fit last game. I can live with that though as he is good in big games.

However, against Liverpool he set us up in such a way that Ceballos was responsible for getting the ball to the strikers without help from anyone. He had a poor game, so he gets benched. Let's not take into account how good he is at home compared to away vs the best team in Europe.

Torreira comes on vs Liverpool and makes an impact. He starts him, once again out of position. It's worse than playing Kante as a box to box. Torreira doesn't have the pace to drive forward and he clearly isn't fit enough currently to run back. He was being asked to press Danny Rose as we left Pepe up front.

Emery then decides to start Xhaka and play him at the base of a midfield 3. As a team, we continue to give the opposition encouragement and certain players do this by doing the same things.

Mustafi- By playing his stupid passes and making mistakes.
Sokratis- By being hot headed and out of position.
Miki- By constantly losing the ball and making the wrong decisions.

However, above all is Xhaka. Our captain. The person who should have the right temperament, a leader apparently. Emery's man. Yet if he isn't playing that pass to the left back or gathering the balls to switch the Play, he is basically providing the opposition with confidence.

- He plays first time passes as he lacks confidence in his own technical ability to turn.
- He does this stupid downward header to a player who is too far to do this to. It is once again a first time pass because he can't just chest it, turn and play out the other way.
- He can't bring the ball down. At one point he did three repeated headers to nowhere, under no pressure.
- He can't tackle.
- He has no agility.
- He repeatedly gives fouls away creating dangerous situations.

This brings me to my final point and why the meritocracy is gone. Nelson is ahead of Miki. Fact. Miki has done nothing to warrant being subbed on ahead of Nelson. Emery just reverted to experience.

Willock was dropped. Why? You start him in every game so far. What has he done wrong? Why does he deserve to be dropped? Vs Watford, why does Xhaka deserve a start?

Emery out all the way. Our strikers are still the only reason we score goals.

Stef-Wil

A lot has understandably been said about our mistakes, however, I don’t think it’s the mistakes that cost us the game. I think our lack of composure and ruthlessness in the final 3rd did.

We had enough dominance (and time) to win the game.

Liverpool and City make mistakes, too, albeit not as much as us. What they’re both really good at is ruthlessly punishing teams.

We still have a problem of dominating possession but not being effective with it.

A proper left winger would add a lot of balance to our attack.

BC10359877

Emery infuriates me. He is indecisive and half the time there is literally no method to his madness. It is so inconsistent. The meritocracy that he starts the season with has already gone out the window. He creates problems for himself with stupid selections and when the **** hits the fan he reverts to type.

We went away to Liverpool and he didn't play Lacazette because he wasn't fully fit. He still doesn't look fully fit. So he buckles to the demand of playing the front three together and starts Lacazette because he threw a hissy fit last game. I can live with that though as he is good in big games.

However, against Liverpool he set us up in such a way that Ceballos was responsible for getting the ball to the strikers without help from anyone. He had a poor game, so he gets benched. Let's not take into account how good he is at home compared to away vs the best team in Europe.

Torreira comes on vs Liverpool and makes an impact. He starts him, once again out of position. It's worse than playing Kante as a box to box. Torreira doesn't have the pace to drive forward and he clearly isn't fit enough currently to run back. He was being asked to press Danny Rose as we left Pepe up front.

Emery then decides to start Xhaka and play him at the base of a midfield 3. As a team, we continue to give the opposition encouragement and certain players do this by doing the same things.

Mustafi- By playing his stupid passes and making mistakes.
Sokratis- By being hot headed and out of position.
Miki- By constantly losing the ball and making the wrong decisions.

However, above all is Xhaka. Our captain. The person who should have the right temperament, a leader apparently. Emery's man. Yet if he isn't playing that pass to the left back or gathering the balls to switch the Play, he is basically providing the opposition with confidence.

- He plays first time passes as he lacks confidence in his own technical ability to turn.
- He does this stupid downward header to a player who is too far to do this to. It is once again a first time pass because he can't just chest it, turn and play out the other way.
- He can't bring the ball down. At one point he did three repeated headers to nowhere, under no pressure.
- He can't tackle.
- He has no agility.
- He repeatedly gives fouls away creating dangerous situations.

This brings me to my final point and why the meritocracy is gone. Nelson is ahead of Miki. Fact. Miki has done nothing to warrant being subbed on ahead of Nelson. Emery just reverted to experience.

Willock was dropped. Why? You start him in every game so far. What has he done wrong? Why does he deserve to be dropped? Vs Watford, why does Xhaka deserve a start?

Emery out all the way. Our strikers are still the only reason we score goals.

Bit unfair to judge Emery against liverpool at anfield. You do not attack them because they are so good in pressing and the counter that they will score for fun. Better teams than arsenal have been completely dominated and F@cked at anfield. Look at what barca did last year at anfield and city the year before. The only reason Torreira scored was because liverpool had the game won already and took their foot off the gas.

arsenefc

Obsessed With Guendouzi
progress is being made. We didnt get slaughtered against Liverpool, and we didnt lose against Sp**s. We live to fight another day. We are on track for top4.

Just pray the strikers stay fit.

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
progress is being made. We didnt get slaughtered against Liverpool, and we didnt lose against Sp**s. We live to fight another day. We are on track for top4.

Just pray the strikers stay fit.
We beat Sp**s at home last season and we still lost at Anfield like we did last season.

Progress is, as things stand, negligible.

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
Absolutely hate the international break as it is, never mind going out on a draw. It just seems so long. Plus, I'm not even keen on watching the international football, and being Scottish only makes that worse :facepalm:
I hate international breaks especially because I despise my national team so much.

No interest in following/supporting all those ugly, scummy Sp**s ****s that make up much of that team.

Hartson67

I hate international breaks especially because I despise my national team so much.

No interest in following/supporting all those ugly, scummy Sp**s ****s that make up much of that team.

Totally understandable, the sight of them is too much to handle. If the national team were playing outside your window you'd shut the curtains, yep I get where you're coming from mate. I've always hated the internationals. It's not just friendlies or qualifiers, even when the World Cup or Euros were on I couldn't wait for them to end so the season could start back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom